BARRY ... That was the most HEART-WARMING rendition of "I DID IT MY WAY" I've ever heard!!

aus+uk / uk.comp.homebuilt / Re: PDF Concepts in Thermal Physics 2nd Ed INSTRUCTOR SOLUTIONS MANUAL; Blundell

SubjectAuthor
* Re: PDF Concepts in Thermal Physics 2nd Ed INSTRUCTOR SOLUTIONS蔡宜靜
`* Re: PDF Concepts in Thermal Physics 2nd Ed INSTRUCTOR SOLUTIONSAdrian Brentnall
 +* Re: PDF Concepts in Thermal Physics 2nd Ed INSTRUCTOR SOLUTIONSGB
 |`- Re: PDF Concepts in Thermal Physics 2nd Ed INSTRUCTOR SOLUTIONSGB
 +- Re: PDF Concepts in Thermal Physics 2nd Ed INSTRUCTOR SOLUTIONSAdrian Caspersz
 `* Re: PDF Concepts in Thermal Physics 2nd Ed INSTRUCTOR SOLUTIONS MANUAL; BlundeJaimie Vandenbergh
  `* Re: PDF Concepts in Thermal Physics 2nd Ed INSTRUCTOR SOLUTIONS MANUAL; BlundellJeff Gaines
   `- Re: PDF Concepts in Thermal Physics 2nd Ed INSTRUCTOR SOLUTIONSAdrian Brentnall

1
Re: PDF Concepts in Thermal Physics 2nd Ed INSTRUCTOR SOLUTIONS MANUAL; Blundell

<53e46671-7f8f-463c-ad7c-97d659438aa2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=910&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#910

Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 06:25:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: PDF Concepts in Thermal Physics 2nd Ed INSTRUCTOR SOLUTIONS
MANUAL; Blundell
From: elain95...@gmail.com (蔡宜靜)
 by: 蔡宜靜 - Thu, 13 May 2021 13:25 UTC

> Hi. I would really appreciate it if you would send me a copy of the instructor's manual for 'INSTRUCTORS MANUAL for Concepts in thermal physics 2nd edition', please.

Re: PDF Concepts in Thermal Physics 2nd Ed INSTRUCTOR SOLUTIONS MANUAL; Blundell

<ig55r1Fgip1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=911&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#911

From: adr...@inspired-glass.com (Adrian Brentnall)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
MANUAL; Blundell
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 18:26:58 +0100
 by: Adrian Brentnall - Thu, 13 May 2021 17:26 UTC

On 13/05/2021 14:25, 蔡宜靜 wrote:

>> Hi. I would really appreciate it if you would send me a copy of the instructor's manual for 'INSTRUCTORS MANUAL for Concepts in thermal physics 2nd edition', please.

This spam pops up from time to time on several newsgroups - over the years.

Anybody know what the actual 'catch' is - the original poster can't have
been looking for a copy of this obscure text for the last 5 or so years?

Re: PDF Concepts in Thermal Physics 2nd Ed INSTRUCTOR SOLUTIONS MANUAL; Blundell

<s7jouo$31m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=912&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#912

From: NOTsome...@microsoft.com (GB)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
MANUAL; Blundell
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 18:51:21 +0100
 by: GB - Thu, 13 May 2021 17:51 UTC

On 13/05/2021 18:26, Adrian Brentnall wrote:
> On 13/05/2021 14:25, 蔡宜靜 wrote:
>>
>>> Hi. I would really appreciate it if you would send me a copy of the
>>> instructor's manual for 'INSTRUCTORS MANUAL for Concepts in thermal
>>> physics 2nd edition', please.
>
> This spam pops up from time to time on several newsgroups - over the years.
>
> Anybody know what the actual 'catch' is - the original poster can't have
> been looking for a copy of this obscure text for the last 5 or so years?

I remember, years ago, setting up an email macro for Outlook Express.
Maybe someone has set up a similar macro for this and simply forgotten
about it?

Re: PDF Concepts in Thermal Physics 2nd Ed INSTRUCTOR SOLUTIONS MANUAL; Blundell

<s7jp1j$31m$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=913&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#913

From: NOTsome...@microsoft.com (GB)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
MANUAL; Blundell
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 18:52:52 +0100
 by: GB - Thu, 13 May 2021 17:52 UTC

On 13/05/2021 18:51, GB wrote:

>> This spam pops up from time to time on several newsgroups - over the
>> years.
>>
>> Anybody know what the actual 'catch' is - the original poster can't
>> have been looking for a copy of this obscure text for the last 5 or so
>> years?
>>

> I remember, years ago, setting up an email macro for Outlook Express.
> Maybe someone has set up a similar macro for this and simply forgotten
> about it?

Hmm. More likely Outlook, rather than OE?

Re: PDF Concepts in Thermal Physics 2nd Ed INSTRUCTOR SOLUTIONS MANUAL; Blundell

<ig599qFha4fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=914&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#914

From: ema...@here.invalid (Adrian Caspersz)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
MANUAL; Blundell
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 19:26:02 +0100
 by: Adrian Caspersz - Thu, 13 May 2021 18:26 UTC

On 13/05/2021 18:26, Adrian Brentnall wrote:
> On 13/05/2021 14:25, 蔡宜靜 wrote:
>>
>>> Hi. I would really appreciate it if you would send me a copy of the
>>> instructor's manual for 'INSTRUCTORS MANUAL for Concepts in thermal
>>> physics 2nd edition', please.
>
> This spam pops up from time to time on several newsgroups - over the years.
>
> Anybody know what the actual 'catch' is - the original poster can't have
> been looking for a copy of this obscure text for the last 5 or so years?

I don't think its a catch...

The bar to education teaching and receiving in some countries is fist
understanding the English language and then understanding the context of
the use in English / American text books.

Some manage it pretty well (and reach their goals worldwide), but in
some places both teachers and students are confused, so solutions
manuals have been written to exercises that are typically placed at the
end of chapters. Some official, some not.

Of course some of these become their examination questions, and then
cheating or desperate students are just looking for a free method they
can memorise to regurgitate. Free, 'cuz it's the Internet.

The method of finding these by asking from google groups is well
exercised, like in another newsgroup I frequent which is forever getting
requests (ignored) to decode Nissan car radio security codes.

--
Adrian C

Re: PDF Concepts in Thermal Physics 2nd Ed INSTRUCTOR SOLUTIONS MANUAL; Blundell

<ig5enbFi9q7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=915&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#915

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Re: PDF Concepts in Thermal Physics 2nd Ed INSTRUCTOR SOLUTIONS MANUAL; Blundell
Date: 13 May 2021 19:58:35 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Thu, 13 May 2021 19:58 UTC

On 13 May 2021 at 18:26:58 BST, "Adrian Brentnall"
<adrian@inspired-glass.com> wrote:

> On 13/05/2021 14:25, 蔡宜靜 wrote:
>>
>>> Hi. I would really appreciate it if you would send me a copy of the instructor's manual for 'INSTRUCTORS MANUAL for Concepts in thermal physics 2nd edition', please.
>
> This spam pops up from time to time on several newsgroups - over the years.
>
> Anybody know what the actual 'catch' is - the original poster can't have
> been looking for a copy of this obscure text for the last 5 or so years?

I've always assumed it was activating a sleeper agent.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
The square root of rope is string. -- Core 3, Valve

Re: PDF Concepts in Thermal Physics 2nd Ed INSTRUCTOR SOLUTIONS MANUAL; Blundell

<xn0mxuon8j10f6000@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=916&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#916

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: 13 May 2021 21:10:09 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Thu, 13 May 2021 21:10 UTC

On 13/05/2021 in message <ig5enbFi9q7U1@mid.individual.net> Jaimie
Vandenbergh wrote:

>On 13 May 2021 at 18:26:58 BST, "Adrian Brentnall"
><adrian@inspired-glass.com> wrote:

>>This spam pops up from time to time on several newsgroups - over the
>>years.
>>
>>Anybody know what the actual 'catch' is - the original poster can't have
>>been looking for a copy of this obscure text for the last 5 or so years?
>
>I've always assumed it was activating a sleeper agent.

The Usenet equivalent of a numbers station :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
640k ought to be enough for anyone.

Re: PDF Concepts in Thermal Physics 2nd Ed INSTRUCTOR SOLUTIONS MANUAL; Blundell

<ig5jefFj4j0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=917&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#917

From: adr...@inspired-glass.com (Adrian Brentnall)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
MANUAL; Blundell
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 22:19:12 +0100
 by: Adrian Brentnall - Thu, 13 May 2021 21:19 UTC

On 13/05/2021 22:10, Jeff Gaines wrote:
> On 13/05/2021 in message <ig5enbFi9q7U1@mid.individual.net> Jaimie
> Vandenbergh wrote:
>
>> On 13 May 2021 at 18:26:58 BST, "Adrian Brentnall"
>> <adrian@inspired-glass.com> wrote:

>>> This spam pops up from time to time on several newsgroups - over the
>>> years.
>>>
>>> Anybody know what the actual 'catch' is - the original poster can't have
>>> been looking for a copy of this obscure text for the last 5 or so years?
>>
>> I've always assumed it was activating a sleeper agent.
>>

> The Usenet equivalent of a numbers station :-)

I remember them...