A national debt, if it is not excessive, will be to us a national blessing. -- Alexander Hamilton

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forces

SubjectAuthor
* British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forcesJeSSe
+* Re: British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forcesThe Happy Hippy
|`* Re: British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forcesJeSSe
| `* Re: British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forcesThe Happy Hippy
|  `- Re: British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forcesJeSSe
`* Re: British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forcesTWP
 +- Re: British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forcesJeSSe
 +- Re: British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forcesThe Happy Hippy
 `- Re: British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forcesThe Happy Hippy

1
British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forces

<I6peM.3883271$vBI8.2677033@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9250&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9250

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Subject: British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forces
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 12:51:52 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 16:51 UTC

Putin under attack: Explosion 'from British Storm Shadow missile' rips
through Russian-held port

Missile strike hit Sea of Azov port in the Russian-occupied
Zaporizhzhia region
Airstrikes also hit Russian border region of Belgorod with two
reportedly killed

Russia faced a major bombardment today as huge explosions ripped through
the occupied port of Berdiansk - with Ukraine believed to be making the
most of new missiles gifted by Britain.

Footage shows the moment facilities at the port are hit with a suspected
Storm Shadow missile, Britain's most potent non-nuclear missile which
can strike targets from a range of 150 miles.

A huge plume of smoke was seen rising from a location in the port area
on the Sea of Azov, in the Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhia region.

Russian state media outlet RT said there had been 'casualties and
destruction' from the strike, the exact target of which was not
immediately clear.

Russian-installed official Vladimir Rogov said there had been nine
people reported injured. Berdiansk was first hit on Saturday in Storm
Shadow missile strikes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12152683/Putin-attack-Explosion-British-Storm-Shadow-missile-rips-Russian-held-port.html

Re: British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forces

<20230602180348.000042b9@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9253&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9253

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 18:03:48 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 17:03 UTC

On Fri, 2 Jun 2023 12:51:52 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Putin under attack: Explosion 'from British Storm Shadow missile'
> rips through Russian-held port

Yay! We are at war with Russia.

Not sure anyone voted to allow our government to drag us into a war against Russia but, ho hum, it's done now. We can sit back and wait for retaliation.

Re: British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forces

<zIqeM.15936$4W15.9158@fx14.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9256&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9256

From: ngspamme...@yahoo.com (TWP)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2023 18:40:31 GMT
 by: TWP - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 18:40 UTC

On Fri, 02 Jun 2023 12:51:52 -0400, JeSSe wrote:

> Putin under attack: Explosion 'from British Storm Shadow missile' rips
> through Russian-held port
>
> Missile strike hit Sea of Azov port in the Russian-occupied
> Zaporizhzhia region
> Airstrikes also hit Russian border region of Belgorod with two
> reportedly killed
>
> Russia faced a major bombardment today as huge explosions ripped through
> the occupied port of Berdiansk - with Ukraine believed to be making the
> most of new missiles gifted by Britain.
>
> Footage shows the moment facilities at the port are hit with a suspected
> Storm Shadow missile, Britain's most potent non-nuclear missile which
> can strike targets from a range of 150 miles.
>
> A huge plume of smoke was seen rising from a location in the port area
> on the Sea of Azov, in the Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhia region.
>
> Russian state media outlet RT said there had been 'casualties and
> destruction' from the strike, the exact target of which was not
> immediately clear.
>
> Russian-installed official Vladimir Rogov said there had been nine
> people reported injured. Berdiansk was first hit on Saturday in Storm
> Shadow missile strikes.
>
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12152683/Putin-attack-Explosion-
British-Storm-Shadow-missile-rips-Russian-held-port.html

I've been trying to find the story connected with that explosion but I
kept getting sent to a two week old video.

The problem with our Storm Shadow variant is that it has to be launched by
aircraft and it's very heavy. Plenty of opportunities for the launching
aircraft to get shot down.

Re: British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forces

<v9teM.2344643$MVg8.1533410@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9261&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9261

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 17:27:55 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 21:27 UTC

TWP wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Jun 2023 12:51:52 -0400, JeSSe wrote:
>
>> Putin under attack: Explosion 'from British Storm Shadow missile' rips
>> through Russian-held port
>>
>> Missile strike hit Sea of Azov port in the Russian-occupied
>> Zaporizhzhia region
>> Airstrikes also hit Russian border region of Belgorod with two
>> reportedly killed
>>
>> Russia faced a major bombardment today as huge explosions ripped through
>> the occupied port of Berdiansk - with Ukraine believed to be making the
>> most of new missiles gifted by Britain.
>>
>> Footage shows the moment facilities at the port are hit with a suspected
>> Storm Shadow missile, Britain's most potent non-nuclear missile which
>> can strike targets from a range of 150 miles.
>>
>> A huge plume of smoke was seen rising from a location in the port area
>> on the Sea of Azov, in the Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhia region.
>>
>> Russian state media outlet RT said there had been 'casualties and
>> destruction' from the strike, the exact target of which was not
>> immediately clear.
>>
>> Russian-installed official Vladimir Rogov said there had been nine
>> people reported injured. Berdiansk was first hit on Saturday in Storm
>> Shadow missile strikes.
>>
>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12152683/Putin-attack-Explosion-
> British-Storm-Shadow-missile-rips-Russian-held-port.html
>

> I've been trying to find the story connected with that explosion but I
> kept getting sent to a two week old video.
>
> The problem with our Storm Shadow variant is that it has to be launched by
> aircraft and it's very heavy. Plenty of opportunities for the launching
> aircraft to get shot down.

Hence the importance of tactical air supremacy, which the Soviets are
far from enjoying anywhere in Ukraine [so far as I'm aware]

Which is not to say Ukraine has it, they obviously don't have the
hardware, manpower, finances or technology to gain or maintain it, but
are holding their own with gifted munitions such as this.

I recall some weeks ago that a batch of Migs from east Europa were being
donated to Ukraine, to be replaced by US gifted F-16's. Don't recall
seeing any updates about that but that would obviously jump start their
tac air capabilities as they already have the means to fly and maintain
them.

Re: British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forces

<xdteM.364717$eRZ7.360067@fx06.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9262&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9262

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 17:32:12 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 21:32 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jun 2023 12:51:52 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> Putin under attack: Explosion 'from British Storm Shadow missile'
>> rips through Russian-held port
>
> Yay! We are at war with Russia.
>
> Not sure anyone voted to allow our government to drag us into a war against Russia but, ho hum, it's done now. We can sit back and wait for retaliation.

Not sure how giving munitions to Ukraine is a declaration of war against
Russia, and of course, neither are you.
Sensationalist bullshit is what you are about.

Soviets supplied N Vietnam with 1,000's of advanced surface to air
missiles which brought down 100's of US aircraft including B-52's. They
gave them advanced aircraft, trained their pilots and even flew sorties
themselves ,, All without us declaring war on the Soviets.

Proxy war, thats how it works, and Russia doesn't get special exceptions
to dish it out without taking anything themselves.

Re: British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forces

<20230603003554.0000520a@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9265&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9265

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 00:35:54 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 23:35 UTC

On Fri, 2 Jun 2023 17:32:12 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Proxy war, thats how it works

Except when you are bitching about China or Turkey providing Russia with weapons. Or perhaps that's just your hypocrisy.

Re: British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forces

<20230603004346.00006b6c@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9266&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9266

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 00:43:46 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 23:43 UTC

On Fri, 02 Jun 2023 18:40:31 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The problem with our Storm Shadow variant is that it has to be
> launched by aircraft and it's very heavy. Plenty of opportunities
> for the launching aircraft to get shot down.

Which also begs the questions, whose aircraft are they being launched from, ours or did we help modify planes to use them, were British pilots flying them, or were they British trained ?

Were they fired by the Ukrainian air force from within Ukrainian territory or were they fired by the RAF within Ukraine or in international waters ?

Have we already been dragged deeper into this war than it first seemed ?

Re: British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forces

<yZxeM.431524$SdR7.72134@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9269&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9269

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 22:56:30 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 02:56 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jun 2023 17:32:12 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> Proxy war, thats how it works
>
> Except when you are bitching about China or Turkey providing Russia with weapons. Or perhaps that's just your hypocrisy.

Me personally ?
Never happened liar, and like I'd even care.
I think you probably meant Iran anyhow, dumb ass.

Re: British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forces

<20230603160011.000024b2@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9277&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9277

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 16:00:11 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 15:00 UTC

On Fri, 02 Jun 2023 18:40:31 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The problem with our Storm Shadow variant is that it has to be
> launched by aircraft and it's very heavy.

I would have said the problem is they cost £2.5 million each and UK tax payers are paying for every single one Ukraine throws at Russia.

Luckily we don't have a cost of living crisis, a cost of existence crisis, and British tax payers are happy to have their hard earned spunked on Biden's War on Russia rather than spent on themselves.

We should all applaud every strike, welcome that each is a hundred less nurses, teachers or police officers we could have had, celebrate that each costs more than the government is prepared to commit to stopping kids starving.

Personally I'd prefer it if the money were spent saving lives here rather than on taking lives in foreign lands, were used to make lives here better than worse.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / British missiles put to good use against Putrid's forces