From: ngspamme...@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Re: Bournemouth deaths
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2023 18:44:10 GMT
 by: TWP - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 18:44 UTC

On Thu, 01 Jun 2023 13:20:51 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-65778225
>
> <quotes>
>
> Assistant Chief Constable Rachel Farrell from Dorset Police says she
> cannot speculate on the investigation but the senior officer confirms a
> jet ski was not involved in the incident.
>
> She also says people did not jump from the pier.
>
> Detective chief superintendent Neil Corrigan urged people not to
> speculate about the circumstances of the deaths.
>
> </quotes>
>
> It's rather hard not to speculate when it's not clear why or how two
> kids died, why others had to be rescued and why police say they have
> arrested someone on suspicion of manslaughter.
>
> People naturally want to know how things happened so they can avoid the
> same fate themselves.
>
> The police are suggesting a crime has been committed but are refusing to
> say why they believe that is the case.
>
> It appears to be another case where the police are refusing to justify
> themselves.

I thought they said a boat hadn't been invovled, I hadn't heard anything
about a jet ski.

Surely loads of people must have seen what happened?

Re: Bournemouth deaths

<20230603140103.00007653@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9274&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9274

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 14:01:03 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 13:01 UTC

On Fri, 02 Jun 2023 18:44:10 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Jun 2023 13:20:51 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:
>
> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-65778225
> >
> > <quotes>
> >
> > Assistant Chief Constable Rachel Farrell from Dorset Police says she
> > cannot speculate on the investigation but the senior officer
> > confirms a jet ski was not involved in the incident.
> >
> > She also says people did not jump from the pier.
> >
> > Detective chief superintendent Neil Corrigan urged people not to
> > speculate about the circumstances of the deaths.
> >
> > </quotes>
> >
> > It's rather hard not to speculate when it's not clear why or how two
> > kids died, why others had to be rescued and why police say they have
> > arrested someone on suspicion of manslaughter.
> >
> > People naturally want to know how things happened so they can avoid
> > the same fate themselves.
> >
> > The police are suggesting a crime has been committed but are
> > refusing to say why they believe that is the case.
> >
> > It appears to be another case where the police are refusing to
> > justify themselves.
>

> I thought they said a boat hadn't been invovled, I hadn't heard
> anything about a jet ski.

That seems to have been the Daily Mail and others stirring the pot. The police statement seemed very much intended to be "they are lying, making shit up" to me.

But Dorset police are playing the same game as South Wales police did; giving very unclear reports on what they think happened. They seem to be protecting their own backs rather than serving the public.

They confirmed no one had been hit by any vessel or jet ski and confirmed there were no vessels in the area at the time. They also confirmed the kids were not jumping off the pier.

Then they investigated a pleasure boat which appears to have been in the area at the time but refused to say why and have now apparently impounded the boat and again won't say why.

They guy they arrested on suspicion of manslaughter has apparently been released.

It's not surprising they didn't want people speculating on whether that arrest was overzealous rather than justified.

Or speculating on why there are contradictions in what they are saying and what the facts seem to be.

People are left trying to figure out if it was an unfortunate tragedy or something more sinister. The police seem to be hedging their bets by suggesting it's both.

One might speculate on why they are doing that, why they haven't got a grip on things.

> Surely loads of people must have seen what happened?

You would think so, and in particular the other eight who had to be rescued who didn't die would know what happened.

One would presume the police have a pretty good idea of what happened if they can make the claims they are making, which leaves people wondering why they won't give a synopsis of what happened. It must be presumed they are choosing not to, are choosing to allow speculation to continue.

Seems to me there are three questions to ask -

If the kids were not jumping off the pier, other vessels weren't involved, there were none on the water, then how did the kids die ?

If there were no vessels on the water at the time then why does the evidence suggest there was and why have police impounded that vessel ?

If it was simply an unfortunate tragedy then why did they arrest someone on suspicion of manslaughter ? What grounds did they have for suspecting it was manslaughter ?

My suspicion is they did what the police normally do; jump to conclusions, act first and not worry about the legitimacy of their arrests and actions. And they are now stalling for time while they try and make their actions seem legitimate.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: Bournemouth deaths