From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: [OT] 78 years ago: Operation Carthage
Date: 21 Mar 2023 09:33:56 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 21 Mar 2023 09:33 UTC

Operation Carthage was an Allied air raid against German-occupied
Copenhagen on 21 March 1945 during World War II.

The target of the raid was the Shellhus, a building in Copenhagen's city
centre used by the Gestapo as their regional headquarters and which
contained storage facilities for classified information along with housing
interrogation chambers for captured members of the Danish resistance
movement.

A 17m video describing the raid, with some of the PRU film taken at the
time, can be seen here:

<https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tRa27He8cHA&t=663s>

A Wikipedia account here:

<https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Carthage>

Photo taken during the raid:

<https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Shell-Huset-mosquito.jpg>

The Shell House is the building in the lower right corner. The Mosquito
towards the lower left appears to have its port wing-tip missing, perhaps
accounting for the aircraft rolling to the left.

--
Spike

Re: [OT] 78 years ago: Operation Carthage

<tvckc7$5vu3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=92703&group=uk.d-i-y#92703

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: [OT] 78 years ago: Operation Carthage
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 16:01:09 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Tue, 21 Mar 2023 16:01 UTC

Well, of course that plane was I guess an early stealth fighter bomber,
showing up very poorly on the radars of the time, as they were mostly made
of plywood.
Brian

--

--: