Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 03:50:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Chelmsford drink-driver hit cyclist before crashing into roundabout
and flipping car
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 31 May 2021 10:50 UTC

Utter scum.

A drink-driver who hit a cyclist and left them with serious injuries was found with three empty bottles of alcohol in the passenger seat.

Essex Police confirmed that the cyclist, a man in his 60s, was struck by a grey Seat Ibiza on Partridge Avenue at around 9.50am on September 13 last year.

After striking the cyclist, the driver quickly drove away before the elderly man was rushed to hospital.

There he remained for two weeks for treatment for a fractured pelvis and a full hip replacement.

Police later found the car after it crashed into a roundabout on Essex Regiment Way, flipping over and landing in the middle of the roundabout.

At the scene, officers found 19-year-old Samuel Jones slurring his words and three empty bottles of alcohol in the footwell on the front passenger side.

When he was breathalysed, Jones was found to be nearly three times the drink drive limit.

He was arrested and later charged with causing serious injury by dangerous driving, dangerous driving, drink driving, and failing to stop following a collision.

Jones, of Beehive Lane, Chelmsford, pleaded guilty to all the charges at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on April 12.

At Chelmsford Crown Court on May 26 he was sentenced to 20 months in a young offenders’ institute and has also been banned from driving for two years and 10 months.

"His actions were reckless"

Investigating officer Sergeant Andy Robinson, from our Roads Policing Unit, said: “This case highlights the dangers of drink driving.

“Samuel Jones was nearly three times the legal limit and caused significant injuries to the victim, who had previously been in good health.

“His actions were reckless and could easily have resulted in someone being killed.

“Drink driving is so dangerous. It really impairs your judgement and your ability to react to situations.

“If you do it, you’re posing a danger to yourself and other road users. Please – if you’ve had a drink, don’t get behind the wheel.”

https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-news/chelmsford-drink-driver-hit-cyclist-5474001

Re: Chelmsford drink-driver hit cyclist before crashing into roundabout and flipping car

<ihjtmaFim9aU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=928&group=uk.rec.cycling#928

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Chelmsford drink-driver hit cyclist before crashing into
roundabout and flipping car
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 11:56:10 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 31 May 2021 10:56 UTC

On 31/05/2021 11:50 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Utter scum.
>
> A drink-driver who hit a cyclist and left them with serious injuries was found with three empty bottles of alcohol in the passenger seat.
>
> Essex Police confirmed that the cyclist, a man in his 60s, was struck by a grey Seat Ibiza on Partridge Avenue at around 9.50am on September 13 last year.
>
> After striking the cyclist, the driver quickly drove away before the elderly man was rushed to hospital.
>
> There he remained for two weeks for treatment for a fractured pelvis and a full hip replacement.
>
> Police later found the car after it crashed into a roundabout on Essex Regiment Way, flipping over and landing in the middle of the roundabout.
>
> At the scene, officers found 19-year-old Samuel Jones slurring his words and three empty bottles of alcohol in the footwell on the front passenger side.
>
> When he was breathalysed, Jones was found to be nearly three times the drink drive limit.
>
> He was arrested and later charged with causing serious injury by dangerous driving, dangerous driving, drink driving, and failing to stop following a collision.
>
> Jones, of Beehive Lane, Chelmsford, pleaded guilty to all the charges at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on April 12.
>
> At Chelmsford Crown Court on May 26 he was sentenced to 20 months in a young offenders’ institute and has also been banned from driving for two years and 10 months.
>
> "His actions were reckless"
>
> Investigating officer Sergeant Andy Robinson, from our Roads Policing Unit, said: “This case highlights the dangers of drink driving.
>
> “Samuel Jones was nearly three times the legal limit and caused significant injuries to the victim, who had previously been in good health.
>
> “His actions were reckless and could easily have resulted in someone being killed.
>
> “Drink driving is so dangerous. It really impairs your judgement and your ability to react to situations.
>
> “If you do it, you’re posing a danger to yourself and other road users. Please – if you’ve had a drink, don’t get behind the wheel.”
>
> https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-news/chelmsford-drink-driver-hit-cyclist-5474001

Ah well... at least he'll only be a cyclist for two years and twelve months.

He still has all the necessary qualifications (= NIL) for that.

Re: Chelmsford drink-driver hit cyclist before crashing into roundabout and flipping car

<efaf3139-58b9-4db1-a4c6-08d5c46cd19bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=929&group=uk.rec.cycling#929

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 04:26:37 -0700 (PDT)
roundabout and flipping car
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Mon, 31 May 2021 11:26 UTC

On Monday, 31 May 2021 at 11:50:17 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Utter scum.
>
> A drink-driver who hit a cyclist and left them with serious injuries was found with three empty bottles of alcohol in the passenger seat.
>
> Essex Police confirmed that the cyclist, a man in his 60s, was struck by a grey Seat Ibiza on Partridge Avenue at around 9.50am on September 13 last year.
>
> After striking the cyclist, the driver quickly drove away before the elderly man was rushed to hospital.
>
> There he remained for two weeks for treatment for a fractured pelvis and a full hip replacement.
>
> Police later found the car after it crashed into a roundabout on Essex Regiment Way, flipping over and landing in the middle of the roundabout.
>
> At the scene, officers found 19-year-old Samuel Jones slurring his words and three empty bottles of alcohol in the footwell on the front passenger side.
>
> When he was breathalysed, Jones was found to be nearly three times the drink drive limit.
>
> He was arrested and later charged with causing serious injury by dangerous driving, dangerous driving, drink driving, and failing to stop following a collision.
>
> Jones, of Beehive Lane, Chelmsford, pleaded guilty to all the charges at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on April 12.
>
> At Chelmsford Crown Court on May 26 he was sentenced to 20 months in a young offenders’ institute and has also been banned from driving for two years and 10 months.
>
> "His actions were reckless"
>
> Investigating officer Sergeant Andy Robinson, from our Roads Policing Unit, said: “This case highlights the dangers of drink driving.
>
> “Samuel Jones was nearly three times the legal limit and caused significant injuries to the victim, who had previously been in good health.
>
> “His actions were reckless and could easily have resulted in someone being killed.
>
> “Drink driving is so dangerous. It really impairs your judgement and your ability to react to situations.
>
> “If you do it, you’re posing a danger to yourself and other road users. Please – if you’ve had a drink, don’t get behind the wheel.”
>
> https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-news/chelmsford-drink-driver-hit-cyclist-5474001

It was Badvok's fault.

Re: Chelmsford drink-driver hit cyclist before crashing into roundabout and flipping car

<72b82789-b0b2-4eca-b4e3-8357d4bd3290n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=930&group=uk.rec.cycling#930

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 04:36:58 -0700 (PDT)
roundabout and flipping car
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 31 May 2021 11:36 UTC

On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 12:26:38 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Monday, 31 May 2021 at 11:50:17 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Utter scum.
> >
> > A drink-driver who hit a cyclist and left them with serious injuries was found with three empty bottles of alcohol in the passenger seat.
> >
> > Essex Police confirmed that the cyclist, a man in his 60s, was struck by a grey Seat Ibiza on Partridge Avenue at around 9.50am on September 13 last year.
> >
> > After striking the cyclist, the driver quickly drove away before the elderly man was rushed to hospital.
> >
> > There he remained for two weeks for treatment for a fractured pelvis and a full hip replacement.
> >
> > Police later found the car after it crashed into a roundabout on Essex Regiment Way, flipping over and landing in the middle of the roundabout.
> >
> > At the scene, officers found 19-year-old Samuel Jones slurring his words and three empty bottles of alcohol in the footwell on the front passenger side.
> >
> > When he was breathalysed, Jones was found to be nearly three times the drink drive limit.
> >
> > He was arrested and later charged with causing serious injury by dangerous driving, dangerous driving, drink driving, and failing to stop following a collision.
> >
> > Jones, of Beehive Lane, Chelmsford, pleaded guilty to all the charges at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on April 12.
> >
> > At Chelmsford Crown Court on May 26 he was sentenced to 20 months in a young offenders’ institute and has also been banned from driving for two years and 10 months.
> >
> > "His actions were reckless"
> >
> > Investigating officer Sergeant Andy Robinson, from our Roads Policing Unit, said: “This case highlights the dangers of drink driving.
> >
> > “Samuel Jones was nearly three times the legal limit and caused significant injuries to the victim, who had previously been in good health..
> >
> > “His actions were reckless and could easily have resulted in someone being killed.
> >
> > “Drink driving is so dangerous. It really impairs your judgement and your ability to react to situations.
> >
> > “If you do it, you’re posing a danger to yourself and other road users. Please – if you’ve had a drink, don’t get behind the wheel.”
> >
> > https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-news/chelmsford-drink-driver-hit-cyclist-5474001
> It was Badvok's fault.

How come he was done for "failing to stop" when he crashed into a roundabout and landed on the car's roof? A good lawyer could have got him off that charge.

Re: Chelmsford drink-driver hit cyclist before crashing into roundabout and flipping car

<5af5ba34-cef6-48d2-80d1-df485929059an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=931&group=uk.rec.cycling#931

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 07:59:38 -0700 (PDT)
roundabout and flipping car
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Mon, 31 May 2021 14:59 UTC

On Monday, 31 May 2021 at 12:36:59 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 12:26:38 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
> > On Monday, 31 May 2021 at 11:50:17 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Utter scum.
> > >
> > > A drink-driver who hit a cyclist and left them with serious injuries was found with three empty bottles of alcohol in the passenger seat.
> > >
> > > Essex Police confirmed that the cyclist, a man in his 60s, was struck by a grey Seat Ibiza on Partridge Avenue at around 9.50am on September 13 last year.
> > >
> > > After striking the cyclist, the driver quickly drove away before the elderly man was rushed to hospital.
> > >
> > > There he remained for two weeks for treatment for a fractured pelvis and a full hip replacement.
> > >
> > > Police later found the car after it crashed into a roundabout on Essex Regiment Way, flipping over and landing in the middle of the roundabout.
> > >
> > > At the scene, officers found 19-year-old Samuel Jones slurring his words and three empty bottles of alcohol in the footwell on the front passenger side.
> > >
> > > When he was breathalysed, Jones was found to be nearly three times the drink drive limit.
> > >
> > > He was arrested and later charged with causing serious injury by dangerous driving, dangerous driving, drink driving, and failing to stop following a collision.
> > >
> > > Jones, of Beehive Lane, Chelmsford, pleaded guilty to all the charges at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on April 12.
> > >
> > > At Chelmsford Crown Court on May 26 he was sentenced to 20 months in a young offenders’ institute and has also been banned from driving for two years and 10 months.
> > >
> > > "His actions were reckless"
> > >
> > > Investigating officer Sergeant Andy Robinson, from our Roads Policing Unit, said: “This case highlights the dangers of drink driving.
> > >
> > > “Samuel Jones was nearly three times the legal limit and caused significant injuries to the victim, who had previously been in good health.
> > >
> > > “His actions were reckless and could easily have resulted in someone being killed.
> > >
> > > “Drink driving is so dangerous. It really impairs your judgement and your ability to react to situations.
> > >
> > > “If you do it, you’re posing a danger to yourself and other road users. Please – if you’ve had a drink, don’t get behind the wheel.”
> > >
> > > https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-news/chelmsford-drink-driver-hit-cyclist-5474001
> > It was Badvok's fault.
> How come he was done for "failing to stop" when he crashed into a roundabout and landed on the car's roof? A good lawyer could have got him off that charge.

Whoosh!

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Chelmsford drink-driver hit cyclist before crashing into roundabout and flipping car