From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Boeing ain't going
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 14:24:47 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 13:24 UTC

https://www.theregister.com/2023/06/02/boeing_starliner_crewed_flight_delay/?td=rt-3a

<quotes>

Days after saying it remained on track for the first crewed Starliner flight next month, NASA and Boeing have scrapped their July launch plan to give them "time to address recent emerging issues."

The grounding is due to tape Boeing used on Starliner to protect wires from chafing and its flammability risk, as well as trouble with the spacecraft's rather important parachute system

The tape wasn't tested for flammability until "late in the process," officials said, while linkage points where the parachutes connect to the spacecraft broke in recent tests, leaving engineers under confident in their strength.

Starliner is getting close to racking up $1 billion in losses for Boeing since production on the craft began a decade ago. Problems have been endemic with the vehicle since it first flew in 2019

</quotes>

It's a bit surprising tape wasn't tested for flammability until so late in the day. I guess Boeing were operating on their usual 'it will be fine' mantra even when it won't be.

But at least 'catches fire and can kill' has had engineers abandon the up-coming test flight. When it comes to Boeing planes doing the same, management doesn't much care who they kill or how many.

I am surprised American tax payers keep letting the government spunk their money on a third rate corporation, don't seem to realise they are being robbed hand over fist.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Boeing ain't going