From: Andrew...@btinternet.com (Andrew)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: C4 Love it or List it Wednesday.
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 20:27:55 +0000
 by: Andrew - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 20:27 UTC

Watching this right now and I have just noticed a
wierd method of mixing concrete for footings.

The cement mixer seems to have a weak *mortar* mix
and there is a bloke standing next to it with a hose pipe
squirting in water while mixing and cement/water is
slopping out of the front because it is overfilled.

It looks like they are mixing 'concrete' for the footings
because there are no walls yet !.

Re: C4 Love it or List it Wednesday.

<tvfovg$om8h$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=92926&group=uk.d-i-y#92926

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: C4 Love it or List it Wednesday.
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 20:38:07 +0000
 by: The Natural Philosop - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 20:38 UTC

On 22/03/2023 20:27, Andrew wrote:
> Watching this right now and I have just noticed a
> wierd method of mixing concrete for footings.
>
> The cement mixer seems to have a weak *mortar* mix
> and there is a bloke standing next to it with a hose pipe
> squirting in water while mixing and cement/water is
> slopping out of the front because it is overfilled.
>
> It looks like they are mixing 'concrete' for the footings
> because there are no walls yet !.

Chemically it doesn't matter how you mix concrete

Often its easiest to put in water first, then cement, and then fill it
up with sand. If a sloppy job is indicated

Otherwise its done by the shovelful with extra water added if its too stiff

Josef Stalin

Re: C4 Love it or List it Wednesday.

<20230324192919.60d11417@Mars>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=93276&group=uk.d-i-y#93276

From: nos...@ntlworld.com (Rob Morley)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 19:29:19 +0000
H2J3@n:NH)h+HQQv-jP3EYU|.*HZ6q6nwd5N7uOFIr+@
 by: Rob Morley - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 19:29 UTC

On Wed, 22 Mar 2023 20:27:55 +0000
Andrew <Andrew97d@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Watching this right now and I have just noticed a
> wierd method of mixing concrete for footings.
>
> The cement mixer seems to have a weak *mortar* mix
> and there is a bloke standing next to it with a hose pipe
> squirting in water while mixing and cement/water is
> slopping out of the front because it is overfilled.

Sounds more like he's cleaning it than mixing anything.