> Ok, I see you know what you're doing :-) Either that or I've gotten pretty good at faking it.

aus+uk / aus.aviation / Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.

SubjectAuthor
* Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Phil Allison
+- Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Rod Speed
`* Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.marty
 `* Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Phil Allison
  `* Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Rod Speed
   +- Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Phil Allison
   `* Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Daryl
    +* Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Phil Allison
    |`* Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Rod Speed
    | +- Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Phil Allison
    | `* Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Daryl
    |  +* Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Petzl
    |  |`* Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Rod Speed
    |  | `* Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Petzl
    |  |  `* Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Rod Speed
    |  |   `* Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Rod Speed
    |  |    `* Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Petzl
    |  |     `* Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Rod Speed
    |  |      `* Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Daryl
    |  |       `* Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Rod Speed
    |  |        `- Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Daryl
    |  `* Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Rod Speed
    |   `* Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Phil Allison
    |    `- Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Petzl
    `* Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Rod Speed
     `* Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Daryl
      +- Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Phil Allison
      `- Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.Rod Speed

Pages:12
Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.

<j2kfmoFth5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=941&group=aus.aviation#941

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Subject: Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 10:40:06 +1100
<j2h9r1Fco2cU1@mid.individual.net> <j2hjfnFeigdU1@mid.individual.net>
<8497c9f6-135b-461d-b99b-a745d6810b20n@googlegroups.com>
<j2hvieFgne3U1@mid.individual.net> <j2i3jpFhdnlU1@mid.individual.net>
<56p7sg5m97fdb4hjicucug8mkalfe92qrv@4ax.com>
<j2ibghFip55U1@mid.individual.net>
<b4d8sghvcvb1qfd9r35sfudcqqkp024kms@4ax.com>
<j2isb7Flp1mU1@mid.individual.net> <j2isggFlq0mU1@mid.individual.net>
<1he9sg93vje0ln6avbutsbcrkniq306fq0@4ax.com>
<j2jvl4Fses7U1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Daryl - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 23:40 UTC

On 24/12/21 6:06 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> And the Philips Hue stuff too. Haven't had a single failure.
>>>
>>> The Audew jump starter too, very well done.
>
>> I supect if the quality control is done by companies outside of China
>> it works.
>
> That wasn't true of the nail clippers and spanners, they aren't even
> branded.

I find that the quality of Chinese products to be extremely variable
from top quality to utter rubbish and paying top price doesn't always
mean top quality.
I've still got some Chinese made ETC brand spanners that I bought 30yrs
ago and they are very good.
My son sells and installs solar panels, almost all are made in China and
with experience he knows what brands are good and which are rubbish,
some are as good if not better than those made in Europe.
Different story with solar inverters, his preferred brand is made in
Austria.

--
Daryl

Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.

<j2kn1sF2681U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=942&group=aus.aviation#942

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 12:45:28 +1100
References: <268ab472-bdde-4099-b097-0078ca5f11ccn@googlegroups.com> <j2h9r1Fco2cU1@mid.individual.net> <j2hjfnFeigdU1@mid.individual.net> <8497c9f6-135b-461d-b99b-a745d6810b20n@googlegroups.com> <j2hvieFgne3U1@mid.individual.net> <j2i3jpFhdnlU1@mid.individual.net> <56p7sg5m97fdb4hjicucug8mkalfe92qrv@4ax.com> <j2ibghFip55U1@mid.individual.net> <b4d8sghvcvb1qfd9r35sfudcqqkp024kms@4ax.com> <j2isb7Flp1mU1@mid.individual.net> <j2isggFlq0mU1@mid.individual.net> <1he9sg93vje0ln6avbutsbcrkniq306fq0@4ax.com> <j2jvl4Fses7U1@mid.individual.net> <j2kfmoFth5U1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 01:45 UTC

Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> I supect if the quality control is done by companies outside of China it
>>> works.
>>
>> That wasn't true of the nail clippers and spanners, they aren't even
>> branded.

> I find that the quality of Chinese products to be extremely variable from
> top quality to utter rubbish

Yep, me too.

> and paying top price doesn't always mean top quality.

Yep. One of the nail clippers was quite literally 1c post free.
I decided that although it looked fine, it wasn’t likely to be
be at 1c I wasn’t risking much. When it arrived it was very
good except that the jaws didn’t close parallel. I told the
seller, expecting to be ignored, but he sent another and
its perfect.

> I've still got some Chinese made ETC brand spanners that I bought 30yrs
> ago and they are very good.

Yeah, that telescopic car wheel nut spanner is perfect.
very heavily plated and will outlive me and any of my
kids and grandkids. With multiple sockets for the
usual nut sizes so it works fine for any car I will have
and the trailers too.

> My son sells and installs solar panels, almost all are made in China and
> with experience he knows what brands are good and which are rubbish, some
> are as good if not better than those made in Europe.

You cant even buy smartphones or tablets made in europe
or the USA anymore and iphones and ipads and Philips Hue
products are as well made as any in the world.

> Different story with solar inverters, his preferred brand is made in
> Austria.

Which one ?

Re: Navy and RAAF to dump all 47 choppers.

<j2knanF26i3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=943&group=aus.aviation#943

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 12:50:15 +1100
<j2h9r1Fco2cU1@mid.individual.net> <j2hjfnFeigdU1@mid.individual.net>
<8497c9f6-135b-461d-b99b-a745d6810b20n@googlegroups.com>
<j2hvieFgne3U1@mid.individual.net> <j2i3jpFhdnlU1@mid.individual.net>
<56p7sg5m97fdb4hjicucug8mkalfe92qrv@4ax.com>
<j2ibghFip55U1@mid.individual.net>
<b4d8sghvcvb1qfd9r35sfudcqqkp024kms@4ax.com>
<j2isb7Flp1mU1@mid.individual.net> <j2isggFlq0mU1@mid.individual.net>
<1he9sg93vje0ln6avbutsbcrkniq306fq0@4ax.com>
<j2jvl4Fses7U1@mid.individual.net> <j2kfmoFth5U1@mid.individual.net>
<j2kn1sF2681U1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Daryl - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 01:50 UTC

On 24/12/21 12:45 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote

>>> That wasn't true of the nail clippers and spanners, they aren't even
>>> branded.
>
>> I find that the quality of Chinese products to be extremely variable
>> from top quality to utter rubbish
>
> Yep, me too.
>
>> and paying top price doesn't always mean top quality.
>
> Yep. One of the nail clippers was quite literally 1c post free.
> I decided that although it looked fine, it wasn’t likely to be
> be at 1c I wasn’t risking much. When it arrived it was very
> good except that the jaws didn’t close parallel. I told the
> seller, expecting to be ignored, but he sent another and
> its perfect.
>
>> I've still got some Chinese made ETC brand spanners that I bought
>> 30yrs ago and they are very good.
>
> Yeah, that telescopic car wheel nut spanner is perfect.
> very heavily plated and will outlive me and any of my
> kids and grandkids. With multiple sockets for the
> usual nut sizes so it works fine for any car I will have
> and the trailers too.
>
>> My son sells and installs solar panels, almost all are made in China
>> and with experience he knows what brands are good and which are
>> rubbish, some are as good if not better than those made in Europe.
>
> You cant even buy smartphones or tablets made in europe
> or the USA anymore and iphones and ipads and Philips Hue
> products are as well made as any in the world.
>
>> Different story with solar inverters, his preferred brand is made in
>> Austria.
>
> Which one ?

Fronius.

--