Your love life will be happy and harmonious.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

SubjectAuthor
* Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cycswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driverJNugent
+* Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confrontsswldx...@gmail.com
|+* Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver coSpike
||`* Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driverJNugent
|| `* Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver coSpike
||  `- Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driverJNugent
|`* Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confrontsswldx...@gmail.com
| +* Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver coSpike
| |`* Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driverJNugent
| | `- Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver coSpike
| `- Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driverJNugent
+- Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver coSpike
+- Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confrontsswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confrontsswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driverJNugent
|`- Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver coSpike
+* Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confrontsswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver coSpike
+- Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confrontsswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confrontsswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driverJNugent
+* Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confrontsswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver coSpike
+* Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confrontsswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver coSpike
`- Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confrontsswldx...@gmail.com

Pages:12
Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<6e68cc55-8861-4741-ac96-d169bdf50099n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9334&group=uk.rec.cycling#9334

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 10:41:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Shocking_moment_‘road_rage’_driver_confronts_cyc
list_in_Glasgow_–_then_gets_‘leathered’
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 5 May 2022 17:41 UTC

SILLY LITTLE MAN SYNDROME.
GOT A GOOD HIDING. :-)

THIS is the shocking moment a driver and a cyclist traded blows at the side of a Glasgow road following a suspected road rage incident.

A fight broke out after a blazing row saw the driver get out of his car to challenge the man on his bike.

But he was left with a bloodied face after the cyclist inflicted some brutal blows.

Traffic started to pile up towards a roundabout on Edmiston Drive, in Glasgow, outside Ibrox stadium, at 7.45am this morning after the man left his car.

Footage captured by someone in the passenger seat of a car in the queue of traffic caught the fight which broke out on the pavement at the side of the road.

The video, which has gone viral on social media, shows the cyclist wearing a green fluorescent jacket and a black backpack, shoving the driver against a metal fence between hedges.

He holds the driver back as he starts to swing punches before he lands a few himself on the man's head.

The person filming the ordeal shouts "smash his head in big man" as the pair can be seen landing tough blows to each others faces.

A third man appears to try and intervene and separate the two, but the cyclist pushes him away.

He pushes the driver against the fence before punching him repeatedly in the abdomen area.

The man filming from the car laughs as he says: "He's went out to leather him and then got done in!"

The man's helmet is knocked off as the third man persistently tries to stop the fight by pushing them apart, but he carries on throwing punches.

He backs off and steps back revealing the driver sitting down doubled over on the pavement.

Walking away to retrieve his helmet and bike, which lay in front of the car on the road, two bystanders go to help up the driver.

While laughing hysterically, the man filming yells: "You f****** d***!

"He's been leathered! Well done big man!"

The two other pedestrians help the driver up on his feet and he wipes his face as the cyclist picks his bike off the road.

The driver, whose face is covered in blood, is seen heading back to his car.

The video was posted on Facebook where it quickly racked up more than 170,000 views with 2.100 reactions and 1,700 comments.

Police Scotland said they had no report of the incident.

IN OTHER WORDS - HE GOT HIS JUST DESERTS.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/8812717/shocking-moment-driver-confronts-cyclist-glasgow-gets-leathered/

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts fairy-cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<jdiibvFe6qkU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9335&group=uk.rec.cycling#9335

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_Shocking_moment_‘road_rage’_driver_
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 19:12:15 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 5 May 2022 18:12 UTC

> SILLY LITTLE MAN SYNDROME.
> GOT A GOOD HIDING. :-)
>
> THIS is the shocking moment a driver and a brutish fairy-cyclist traded blows at the side of a Glasgow road following a suspected road rage incident.
> A fight broke out after a blazing row saw the driver get out of his car to challenge the brute on his fairy-bike.
> But he was left with a bloodied face after the brutish fairy-cyclist inflicted some brutal blows.

The fairy-cyclist is a brute - that's what you're saying. And you are
probably right.

If only you had enough self-perception to be able to understand what you
say, eh?

> Traffic started to pile up towards a roundabout on Edmiston Drive, in Glasgow, outside Ibrox stadium, at 7.45am this morning after the man left his car.
> Footage captured by someone in the passenger seat of a car in the queue of traffic caught the fight which broke out on the pavement at the side of the road.
> The video, which has gone viral on social media, shows the brutish fairy-cyclist wearing a green fluorescent jacket and a black backpack, shoving the driver against a metal fence between hedges.
> He holds the driver back as he starts to swing punches before he lands a few himself on the man's head.
> The person filming the ordeal shouts "smash his head in big man" as the pair can be seen landing tough blows to each others faces.
> A third man appears to try and intervene and separate the two, but the brutish fairy-cyclist pushes him away.
> He pushes the driver against the fence before punching him repeatedly in the abdomen area.
> The man filming from the car laughs as he says: "He's went out to leather him and then got done in!"
> The brute's helmet is knocked off as the third man persistently tries to stop the fight by pushing them apart, but he carries on throwing punches.
> He backs off and steps back revealing the driver sitting down doubled over on the pavement.
> Walking away to retrieve his helmet and fairy-bike, which lay in front of the car on the road, two bystanders go to help up the driver.
> While laughing hysterically, the man filming yells: "You f****** d***!
> "He's been leathered! Well done big man!"
> The two other pedestrians help the driver up on his feet and he wipes his face as the brutish fairy-cyclist picks his bike off the road.
> The driver, whose face is covered in blood, is seen heading back to his car.
> The video was posted on Facebook where it quickly racked up more than 170,000 views with 2.100 reactions and 1,700 comments.
> Police Scotland said they had no report of the incident.
>
> IN OTHER WORDS - HE GOT HIS JUST DESERTS.
>
> https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/8812717/shocking-moment-driver-confronts-cyclist-glasgow-gets-leathered/

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<a0a01055-22d3-4e9e-bed9-a13cf927eb09n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9337&group=uk.rec.cycling#9337

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 11:18:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_Shocking_moment_‘road_rage’_driver_confronts
_cyclist_in_Glasgow_–_then_gets_‘leathered’
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 5 May 2022 18:18 UTC

On Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 6:41:25 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> SILLY LITTLE MAN SYNDROME.
> GOT A GOOD HIDING. :-)

There is actually a warning before the video starts to the effect that some people may find the footage "distressing".

I FOUND IT BLOODY HILARIOUS! :-)

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<jdk30mFmokhU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9346&group=uk.rec.cycling#9346

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_Shocking_moment_‘road_rage’_driver_co
nfronts_cyclist_in_Glasgow_–_then_gets_‘leathered

Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 08:02:32 +0000
 by: Spike - Fri, 6 May 2022 08:02 UTC

Replying to himself swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Replying to himself swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> SILLY LITTLE MAN SYNDROME.
>> GOT A GOOD HIDING. :-)

> There is actually a warning before the video starts to the effect that some people may find the footage "distressing".

> I FOUND IT BLOODY HILARIOUS! :-)

Are you sick in the head?

--
Spike

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<jdk318FmokhU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9347&group=uk.rec.cycling#9347

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
nfronts_cyclist_in_Glasgow_–_then_gets_‘leathered

Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 08:02:50 +0000

On 05/05/2022 17:41, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> SILLY LITTLE MAN SYNDROME.
> GOT A GOOD HIDING. :-)

> Police Scotland said they had no report of the incident.

....said Chief Constable Pontius Pilate.

> IN OTHER WORDS - HE GOT HIS JUST DESERTS.

SO YOU KNOW WHAT STARTED IT THEN. DO SHARE

> <https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/8812717/shocking-moment-driver-confronts-cyclist-glasgow-gets-leathered/>

--
Spike

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<27dbac2c-9f10-4bb9-a8d5-020cd8c9d709n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9360&group=uk.rec.cycling#9360

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 03:08:31 -0700 (PDT)
_cyclist_in_Glasgow_–_then_gets_‘leathered’
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 6 May 2022 10:08 UTC

On Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 7:18:56 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 6:41:25 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > SILLY LITTLE MAN SYNDROME.
> > GOT A GOOD HIDING. :-)
> There is actually a warning before the video starts to the effect that some people may find the footage "distressing".
>
> I FOUND IT BLOODY HILARIOUS! :-)

Like my dad used to say "never get in a pissing contest with a skunk".
:-)

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<jdkff7Fp53iU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9365&group=uk.rec.cycling#9365

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
nfronts_cyclist_in_Glasgow_–_then_gets_‘leathered

Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 11:35:05 +0000
 by: Spike - Fri, 6 May 2022 11:35 UTC

Talking only unto himself swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Talking only unto himself, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Talking only unto himself swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> SILLY LITTLE MAN SYNDROME.

>>> GOT A GOOD HIDING. :-)

>> There is actually a warning before the video starts to the effect that some people may find the footage "distressing".

>> I FOUND IT BLOODY HILARIOUS! :-)

> Like my dad used to say "never get in a pissing contest with a skunk".
> :-)

So, you are calling cyclists 'skunks'? Amazing.

--
Spike

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<df465ba0-14de-489a-9c71-b9257dea2e56n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9369&group=uk.rec.cycling#9369

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!ecngs!feeder2.ecngs.de!178.20.174.213.MISMATCH!feeder1.feed.usenet.farm!feed.usenet.farm!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc2.netnews.com!peer01.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer01.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 06:43:47 -0700 (PDT)
_cyclist_in_Glasgow_–_then_gets_‘leathered’
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 6 May 2022 13:43 UTC

> Police Scotland said they had no report of the incident.

What do you expect? A red faced driver rocking up at a cop shop to say that he got a good hiding after knocking a cyclist off his bike? Not going to happen.

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts fairy-cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<jdku84Frvj5U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9370&group=uk.rec.cycling#9370

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 16:47:16 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 6 May 2022 15:47 UTC

On 06/05/2022 09:02 am, Spike wrote:

> Replying to himself swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Replying to himself swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>> SILLY LITTLE MAN SYNDROME.
>>> GOT A GOOD HIDING. :-)
>
>> There is actually a warning before the video starts to the effect that some people may find the footage "distressing".
>
>> I FOUND IT BLOODY HILARIOUS! :-)
>
> Are you sick in the head?

Do you need to ask?

[No, that wasn't a flippant question.]

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts fairy-cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<jdkuanFrvj5U2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9371&group=uk.rec.cycling#9371

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 16:48:40 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 6 May 2022 15:48 UTC

On 06/05/2022 11:08 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

Talking to himself again:

> On Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 7:18:56 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

Talking to himself again:

>> On Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 6:41:25 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> SILLY LITTLE MAN SYNDROME.
>>> GOT A GOOD HIDING. :-)
>> There is actually a warning before the video starts to the effect that some people may find the footage "distressing".
>
>> I FOUND IT BLOODY HILARIOUS! :-)
>
> Like my dad used to say "never get in a pissing contest with a skunk".
> :-)

"Fairy-cyclists are all skunks".

- Simon Mason, Friday 6th May 2022.

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<jdkubmFrvj5U3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9372&group=uk.rec.cycling#9372

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 16:49:11 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 6 May 2022 15:49 UTC

On 06/05/2022 12:35 pm, Spike wrote:
> Talking only unto himself swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Talking only unto himself, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> There is actually a warning before the video starts to the effect that some people may find the footage "distressing".
>
>>> I FOUND IT BLOODY HILARIOUS! :-)
>
>> Like my dad used to say "never get in a pissing contest with a skunk".
>> :-)
>
> So, you are calling cyclists 'skunks'? Amazing.

That's what he said.

Perhaps not as amazing as some might suppose.

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<fbd4ef14-6ece-4fc0-b184-90bfea9957d5n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9375&group=uk.rec.cycling#9375

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 08:54:38 -0700 (PDT)
_cyclist_in_Glasgow_–_then_gets_‘leathered’
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 6 May 2022 15:54 UTC

> A fight broke out after a blazing row saw the driver get out of his car to challenge the man on his bike.

So the thuggish driver started the fight?
Got exactly what he deserved then.
Silly fool.

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<jdkvqhFrvj5U14@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9386&group=uk.rec.cycling#9386

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 17:14:10 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 6 May 2022 16:14 UTC

>> A fight broke out after a blazing row saw the driver get out of his car to challenge the man on his bike.
>
> So the thuggish driver started the fight?
> Got exactly what he deserved then.
> Silly fool.

It says he got out of his car to *challenge* the fairy-cyclist.

Perhaps you've been reading too many "Boys' Own" stories.

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<061adc90-3960-4103-ad20-82501c1789ebn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9388&group=uk.rec.cycling#9388

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 09:15:55 -0700 (PDT)
_cyclist_in_Glasgow_–_then_gets_‘leathered’
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 6 May 2022 16:15 UTC

On Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 6:41:25 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> But he was left with a bloodied face after the cyclist inflicted some brutal blows.

Plus red with shame at getting a good hammering as well. :-)

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts fairy-cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<jdmm57F7f7kU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9398&group=uk.rec.cycling#9398

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 07:41:31 +0000
 by: Spike - Sat, 7 May 2022 07:41 UTC

On 06/05/2022 15:47, JNugent wrote:
> On 06/05/2022 09:02 am, Spike wrote:
>> Replying to himself swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> There is actually a warning before the video starts to the effect that some people may find the footage "distressing".

>>> I FOUND IT BLOODY HILARIOUS! :-)

>> Are you sick in the head?

> Do you need to ask?

Not really.

> [No, that wasn't a flippant question.]
Someone who, as in this case condones such violence by a cyclist, and
only a few days ago was blaming an 80-year-old man walking on the
pavement for being beaten to the ground by another cyclist for daring to
suggest he should cycle in the road, clearly has some issues that raise
concerns.

I'm surprised that he hasn't been kicked off road,cc for his views.

--
Spike

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<jdmm8dF7f7kU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9399&group=uk.rec.cycling#9399

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
nfronts_cyclist_in_Glasgow_–_then_gets_‘leathered

Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 07:43:13 +0000
 by: Spike - Sat, 7 May 2022 07:43 UTC

On 06/05/2022 15:49, JNugent wrote:
> On 06/05/2022 12:35 pm, Spike wrote:
>> Talking only unto himself swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Like my dad used to say "never get in a pissing contest with a skunk".
>>> :-)

>> So, you are calling cyclists 'skunks'? Amazing.

> That's what he said.

> Perhaps not as amazing as some might suppose.

That's true.

--
Spike

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<jdmme5F7f7kU4@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9401&group=uk.rec.cycling#9401

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
nfronts_cyclist_in_Glasgow_–_then_gets_‘leathered

Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 07:46:16 +0000
 by: Spike - Sat, 7 May 2022 07:46 UTC

On 06/05/2022 15:54, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> A fight broke out after a blazing row saw the driver get out of his car to challenge the man on his bike.

> So the thuggish driver started the fight?
> Got exactly what he deserved then.
> Silly fool.

Time to start taking the meds again?

--
Spike

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<jdmni4F7l79U4@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9406&group=uk.rec.cycling#9406

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
nfronts_cyclist_in_Glasgow_–_then_gets_‘leathered

Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 08:05:27 +0000
 by: Spike - Sat, 7 May 2022 08:05 UTC

On 06/05/2022 16:15, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 6:41:25 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> But he was left with a bloodied face after the cyclist inflicted some brutal blows.

> Plus red with shame at getting a good hammering as well. :-)

Unlike the coward of a pavement cyclist that beat an
80-year-old to the ground for daring to question his self-proclaimed
'right' to cycle on the pavement got nothing, because the brute fled the
scene. £20 from certain quarters to help the old boy wouldn't go amiss.

--
Spike

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<b33d2c0c-f52d-455f-bc07-3f458907c7f2n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9420&group=uk.rec.cycling#9420

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 02:57:35 -0700 (PDT)
_cyclist_in_Glasgow_–_then_gets_‘leathered’
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 7 May 2022 09:57 UTC

> The man filming from the car laughs as he says: "He's went out to leather him and then got done in!"

The thug must have felt a right clown with onlookers mocking him. :-)

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts fairy-cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<jdn7n9Fam69U3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9429&group=uk.rec.cycling#9429

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 13:41:14 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 7 May 2022 12:41 UTC

On 07/05/2022 08:41 am, Spike wrote:

> On 06/05/2022 15:47, JNugent wrote:

>>> Are you sick in the head?
>
>> Do you need to ask?
>
> Not really.
>
>> [No, that wasn't a flippant question.]

> Someone who, as in this case condones such violence by a cyclist, and
> only a few days ago was blaming an 80-year-old man walking on the
> pavement for being beaten to the ground by another cyclist for daring to
> suggest he should cycle in the road, clearly has some issues that raise
> concerns.
>
> I'm surprised that he hasn't been kicked off road,cc for his views.

He fits right in there.

They are almost as illiterate as he is.

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<5312fe0f-332a-4e9a-9272-521c8ea7addbn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9433&group=uk.rec.cycling#9433

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!ecngs!feeder2.ecngs.de!178.20.174.213.MISMATCH!feeder1.feed.usenet.farm!feed.usenet.farm!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc2.netnews.com!peer03.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer01.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 08:44:40 -0700 (PDT)
_cyclist_in_Glasgow_–_then_gets_‘leathered’
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 7 May 2022 15:44 UTC

> "He's been leathered! Well done big man!"

In Hull they would say he's been "brayed to f***".

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<jdnjbvFcrahU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9436&group=uk.rec.cycling#9436

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 16:59:59 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 7 May 2022 15:59 UTC

>> "He's been leathered! Well done big man!"
>
> In Hull they would say he's been "brayed to f***".

Never mind that.

In Hull, would they pronounce the initial "H" (or would that be regarded
as too posh for the area)?

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<6a0bb75b-2f5d-4d45-b72f-18fa8b774829n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9438&group=uk.rec.cycling#9438

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 09:20:09 -0700 (PDT)
_cyclist_in_Glasgow_–_then_gets_‘leathered’
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 7 May 2022 16:20 UTC

> Traffic started to pile up towards a roundabout on Edmiston Drive, in Glasgow, outside Ibrox stadium, at 7.45am this morning after the man left his car.

So after he left his car blocking the road - it caused a traffic jam?
What a selfish git.
There could have been an ambulance en route to a hospital.

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<jdpeqhFnb1dU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9449&group=uk.rec.cycling#9449

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
nfronts_cyclist_in_Glasgow_–_then_gets_‘leathered

Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 08:54:45 +0000
 by: Spike - Sun, 8 May 2022 08:54 UTC

On 07/05/2022 16:20, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> Traffic started to pile up towards a roundabout on Edmiston Drive, in Glasgow, outside Ibrox stadium, at 7.45am this morning after the man left his car.

> So after he left his car blocking the road - it caused a traffic jam?
> What a selfish git.
> There could have been an ambulance en route to a hospital.

Can you imagine the faux fulmination by road.cc had the driver driven
over the bicycle lying in the road in order to escape a brutal attack by
a cyclist?

--
Spike

Re: Shocking moment ‘road rage’ driver confronts cyclist in Glasgow – then gets ‘leathered’

<46bc2f07-7362-4bf2-8229-c318d81f5b4en@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9453&group=uk.rec.cycling#9453

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 03:14:01 -0700 (PDT)
_cyclist_in_Glasgow_–_then_gets_‘leathered’
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 8 May 2022 10:14 UTC

On Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 6:41:25 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> The video was posted on Facebook where it quickly racked up more than 170,000 views with 2.100 reactions and 1,700 comments.

The vast majority of the comments were mocking the thug driver and cheering on the hero cyclist. :-)