From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Gouging supermarkets
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 13:56:02 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 12:56 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65854124

<quotes>

Tesco could be breaking the law over how it displays Clubcard prices, according to consumer group Which?.

A spokesperson for Tesco said the company had sought advice and approval from its local trading standards office in Hertfordshire where its headquarters are based.

"Providing great value and clear pricing is really important to us, we are supportive of calls for greater clarity on the regulations in this area," it said.

</quotes>

Rather than clear pricing being important to Tesco, it appears they took quite proactive steps to check they could get away with not providing clear prices.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Gouging supermarkets