From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Attack by cyclist - No.3
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 08:54:18 +0000
 by: Spike - Sun, 8 May 2022 08:54 UTC

Evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins said his car's back windscreen
was smashed in an "unprovoked attack" by a cyclist who pursued him down
a busy city road.

The writer said on Twitter his blue Tesla was attacked on Cowley Road in
Oxford at about 13:50 GMT on Monday.

He said he had no camera record of the attack but was trying to retrieve
one.

Thames Valley Police (TVP) said it had received a report of a car being
damaged in Cowley Road on Monday.

Prof Dawkins said he had been left "bewildered" by the cyclist seemingly
seeking out his Tesla electric car.

He tweeted on Tuesday: "In current climate-change crisis, I'm bewildered
by hostility to Tesla: EV pioneer."

<https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-59488872>

Wonder what Cyclox had to say about cyclists and safety regarding this
unpleasant incident?

--
Spike

Re: Attack by cyclist - No.3

<28dea335-63af-4507-864b-71998b9b265an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9459&group=uk.rec.cycling#9459

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 04:08:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Attack by cyclist - No.3
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sun, 8 May 2022 11:08 UTC

On Sunday, 8 May 2022 at 09:54:16 UTC+1, Spike wrote:
> Evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins said his car's back windscreen
> was smashed in an "unprovoked attack" by a cyclist who pursued him down
> a busy city road.
>
> The writer said on Twitter his blue Tesla was attacked on Cowley Road in
> Oxford at about 13:50 GMT on Monday.
>
> He said he had no camera record of the attack but was trying to retrieve
> one.
>
> Thames Valley Police (TVP) said it had received a report of a car being
> damaged in Cowley Road on Monday.
>
> Prof Dawkins said he had been left "bewildered" by the cyclist seemingly
> seeking out his Tesla electric car.
>
> He tweeted on Tuesday: "In current climate-change crisis, I'm bewildered
> by hostility to Tesla: EV pioneer."
>
> <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-59488872>
>
> Wonder what Cyclox had to say about cyclists and safety regarding this
> unpleasant incident?
>
> --
> Spike

So he does not pay 'road tax' yet the 4th power of axle loading still applies.

Re: Attack by brutal skunk of a fairy-cyclist - No.3

<jdpmpjFotkiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9460&group=uk.rec.cycling#9460

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Attack by brutal skunk of a fairy-cyclist - No.3
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 12:10:43 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 8 May 2022 11:10 UTC

On 08/05/2022 09:54 am, Spike wrote:

> Evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins said his car's back windscreen
> was smashed in an "unprovoked attack" by a fairy-cyclist who pursued him
> down a busy city road.
>
> The writer said on Twitter his blue Tesla was attacked on Cowley Road in
> Oxford at about 13:50 GMT on Monday.
>
> He said he had no camera record of the attack but was trying to retrieve
> one.
>
> Thames Valley Police (TVP) said it had received a report of a car being
> damaged in Cowley Road on Monday.
>
> Prof Dawkins said he had been left "bewildered" by the fairy-cyclist
> seemingly seeking out his Tesla electric car.

Envy...

> He tweeted on Tuesday: "In current climate-change crisis, I'm bewildered
> by hostility to Tesla: EV pioneer."
>
> <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-59488872>
>
> Wonder what Cyclox had to say about fairy-cyclists and safety regarding this
> unpleasant incident?

It sounds as though they deserve each other.