From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Crooked bastard gets away with it
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 00:46:24 +0100
 by: Mike Fleming - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 23:46 UTC

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/stuart-garner-sentence/

Stuart Garner (Norton Motorcycles, for them as have forgotten) got off
with a suspended sentence and an order to pay £20k, which isn't bad for
the £10m that has yet to be paid back to the investors.

Re: Crooked bastard gets away with it

<t4g45a$9ib$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9496&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#9496

From: secret.s...@gmail.com (Sqirrel99)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: Crooked bastard gets away with it
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 08:29:46 +0100
 by: Sqirrel99 - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 07:29 UTC

Mike Fleming wrote:
> https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/stuart-garner-sentence/
>
> Stuart Garner (Norton Motorcycles, for them as have forgotten) got off
> with a suspended sentence and an order to pay £20k, which isn't bad for
> the £10m that has yet to be paid back to the investors.

He's 'bankrupt' too, so likely won't pay anything back.

Quoting the judge at his sentencing -

"This is not just financial harm," she said.
"I have read statement after statement of the trauma you have done to
the lives of ordinary people who thought they were investing in their
future.
"Many of them spoke of broken relationships, profound ill health, and
having to face the misery of having to work much longer than they
planned because of the financial damage you have done."

....and yet he walked free.

Re: Crooked bastard gets away with it

<jd1pevF7kchU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9500&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#9500

From: chr...@privacy.net (ChrisND @UKRM)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 29 Apr 2022 09:29:03 GMT
 by: ChrisND @UKRM - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 09:29 UTC

On 29/04/2022 08:29, Sqirrel99 wrote:
>Mike Fleming wrote:
>> https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/stuart-garner-sentence/
>>
>> Stuart Garner (Norton Motorcycles, for them as have forgotten) got off
>> with a suspended sentence and an order to pay £20k, which isn't bad for
>> the £10m that has yet to be paid back to the investors.
>
>He's 'bankrupt' too, so likely won't pay anything back.
>
>Quoting the judge at his sentencing -
>
>"This is not just financial harm," she said.
>"I have read statement after statement of the trauma you have done to
>the lives of ordinary people who thought they were investing in their
>future.
>"Many of them spoke of broken relationships, profound ill health, and
>having to face the misery of having to work much longer than they
>planned because of the financial damage you have done."
>
>...and yet he walked free.

I never fancied a Norton, however it actually is my middle name so i have
always had a bit of an interest.
This sort of thing though is scandalous and "something should be done about
it!"

Chris

--
XV750SE & GS550T

Re: Crooked bastard gets away with it

<8af87331-5a24-6644-059c-104d93283ea8@scorecrow.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9502&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#9502

From: 07....@scorecrow.com (Bruce Horrocks)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 23:31:57 +0100
 by: Bruce Horrocks - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 22:31 UTC

On 29/04/2022 08:29, Sqirrel99 wrote:
> Mike Fleming wrote:
>> https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/stuart-garner-sentence/
>>
>> Stuart Garner (Norton Motorcycles, for them as have forgotten) got off
>> with a suspended sentence and an order to pay £20k, which isn't bad
>> for the £10m that has yet to be paid back to the investors.
>
> He's 'bankrupt' too, so likely won't pay anything back.
>
> Quoting the judge at his sentencing -
>
> "This is not just financial harm," she said.
> "I have read statement after statement of the trauma you have done to
> the lives of ordinary people who thought they were investing in their
> future.
> "Many of them spoke of broken relationships, profound ill health, and
> having to face the misery of having to work much longer than they
> planned because of the financial damage you have done."
>
> ...and yet he walked free.

Clearly he deserves a non-custodial sentence because he didn't try to
*hide* any of the money, c.f. Boris Becker.

There is always <https://www.gov.uk/ask-crown-court-sentence-review>

--
Bruce Horrocks
FJR1300AS

Re: Crooked bastard gets away with it

<t4jfdm$19v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9506&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#9506

From: secret.s...@gmail.com (Sqirrel99)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 15:00:21 +0100
 by: Sqirrel99 - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 14:00 UTC

Bruce Horrocks wrote:
> On 29/04/2022 08:29, Sqirrel99 wrote:
>> Mike Fleming wrote:
>>> https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/stuart-garner-sentence/
>>>
>>> Stuart Garner (Norton Motorcycles, for them as have forgotten) got off
>>> with a suspended sentence and an order to pay £20k, which isn't bad
>>> for the £10m that has yet to be paid back to the investors.
>> He's 'bankrupt' too, so likely won't pay anything back.
>>
>> Quoting the judge at his sentencing -
>>
>> "This is not just financial harm," she said.
>> "I have read statement after statement of the trauma you have done to
>> the lives of ordinary people who thought they were investing in their
>> future.
>> "Many of them spoke of broken relationships, profound ill health, and
>> having to face the misery of having to work much longer than they
>> planned because of the financial damage you have done."
>>
>> ...and yet he walked free.
>
> Clearly he deserves a non-custodial sentence because he didn't try to
> *hide* any of the money, c.f. Boris Becker.
>
> There is always <https://www.gov.uk/ask-crown-court-sentence-review>

You think he hasn't hidden anything, or hasn't been caught (yet) ?

Re: Crooked bastard gets away with it

<6bec78d4-a8fc-9b48-e239-0e5cbe640895@scorecrow.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9508&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#9508

From: 07....@scorecrow.com (Bruce Horrocks)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 17:34:52 +0100
 by: Bruce Horrocks - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 16:34 UTC

On 30/04/2022 15:00, Sqirrel99 wrote:
> Bruce Horrocks wrote:

>>> He's 'bankrupt' too, so likely won't pay anything back.
>>>
>>> Quoting the judge at his sentencing -
>>>
>>> "This is not just financial harm," she said.
>>> "I have read statement after statement of the trauma you have done to
>>> the lives of ordinary people who thought they were investing in their
>>> future.
>>> "Many of them spoke of broken relationships, profound ill health, and
>>> having to face the misery of having to work much longer than they
>>> planned because of the financial damage you have done."
>>>
>>> ...and yet he walked free.
>>
>> Clearly he deserves a non-custodial sentence because he didn't try to
>> *hide* any of the money, c.f. Boris Becker.
>>
>> There is always <https://www.gov.uk/ask-crown-court-sentence-review>
>
> You think he hasn't hidden anything, or hasn't been caught (yet) ?

Your sarcasm detectors need re-aligning.

--
Bruce Horrocks
Surrey, England