You too can wear a nose mitten.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Assault by fairy-cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, taken to hospital

SubjectAuthor
* Assault by cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, taken toSpike
+* Re: Assault by cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, taken to hospitalMike Collins
|+- Re: Assault by cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, taken toSpike
|`* Re: Assault by fairy-cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, takenJNugent
| +- Re: Assault by fairy-cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, takenSpike
| `* Re: Assault by fairy-cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, takenMike Collins
|  +- Re: Assault by fairy-cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, takenSpike
|  `* Re: Assault by fairy-cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, takenJNugent
|   `- Re: Assault by fairy-cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, takenSpike
`- Re: Assault by fairy-cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, takenJNugent

1
Assault by cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, taken to hospital

<jds0bvF7m69U6@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9481&group=uk.rec.cycling#9481

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Assault by cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, taken to
hospital
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 08:06:23 +0000
 by: Spike - Mon, 9 May 2022 08:06 UTC

Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was assaulted by a
cyclist in Langney Rise, Eastbourne.

The 56-year-old victim was walking on the pavement near the ATS Garage
when a cyclist rode by him and clipped into him at about 2.45pm on
Thursday 24 February.

The cyclist then got into a verbal altercation with the victim and
started pushing him. He then pushed him to the ground, and kicked him
repeatedly in the head, smashing his glasses. He was taken to hospital
and treated for minor injuries.

The suspect was riding a grey mountain bike and is white, aged about 18,
5’ 10” and was wearing a dark hoodie and dark trousers.

PC Jon Dixon said: “At the time of the incident the victim said the road
was busy with traffic, so we would like to hear from anyone who saw this
happen. Please contact us if you can help our investigation.”

Report online or ring 101 quoting serial 172 of 25/02.

<https://bournefreelive.co.uk/man-assaulted-by-cyclist-in-eastbourne/>

--
Spike

Re: Assault by cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, taken to hospital

<71656a4d-da37-491f-8c5b-b86d4c33fe7fn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9487&group=uk.rec.cycling#9487

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 02:59:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Assault by cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, taken to hospital
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Mon, 9 May 2022 09:59 UTC

On Monday, 9 May 2022 at 09:06:26 UTC+1, Spike wrote:
> Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was assaulted by a
> cyclist in Langney Rise, Eastbourne.
>
> The 56-year-old victim was walking on the pavement near the ATS Garage
> when a cyclist rode by him and clipped into him at about 2.45pm on
> Thursday 24 February.
>
> The cyclist then got into a verbal altercation with the victim and
> started pushing him. He then pushed him to the ground, and kicked him
> repeatedly in the head, smashing his glasses. He was taken to hospital
> and treated for minor injuries.
>
> The suspect was riding a grey mountain bike and is white, aged about 18,
> 5’ 10” and was wearing a dark hoodie and dark trousers.
>
> PC Jon Dixon said: “At the time of the incident the victim said the road
> was busy with traffic, so we would like to hear from anyone who saw this
> happen. Please contact us if you can help our investigation.”
>
> Report online or ring 101 quoting serial 172 of 25/02.
>
> <https://bournefreelive.co.uk/man-assaulted-by-cyclist-in-eastbourne/>
>

> --
> Spike

Was the alleged victim wearing a helmet?
A more likely scenario is the untaxed, unlicensed, uninsured pedestrian walked in to the carriageway in front of a moving vehicle.

Re: Assault by cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, taken to hospital

<jds7mhF92g3U3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9490&group=uk.rec.cycling#9490

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
hospital
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 10:11:29 +0000
 by: Spike - Mon, 9 May 2022 10:11 UTC

On 09/05/2022 09:59, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Monday, 9 May 2022 at 09:06:26 UTC+1, Spike wrote:

>> Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was assaulted by a
>> cyclist in Langney Rise, Eastbourne.

>> The 56-year-old victim was walking on the pavement near the ATS Garage
>> when a cyclist rode by him and clipped into him at about 2.45pm on
>> Thursday 24 February.

>> The cyclist then got into a verbal altercation with the victim and
>> started pushing him. He then pushed him to the ground, and kicked him
>> repeatedly in the head, smashing his glasses. He was taken to hospital
>> and treated for minor injuries.

>> The suspect was riding a grey mountain bike and is white, aged about 18,
>> 5’ 10” and was wearing a dark hoodie and dark trousers.

>> PC Jon Dixon said: “At the time of the incident the victim said the road
>> was busy with traffic, so we would like to hear from anyone who saw this
>> happen. Please contact us if you can help our investigation.”

>> Report online or ring 101 quoting serial 172 of 25/02.

>> <https://bournefreelive.co.uk/man-assaulted-by-cyclist-in-eastbourne/>

> Was the alleged victim wearing a helmet?

Get one of road.cc's vigilantes to stalk his name, address, birthday,
occupation, and inside leg measurement for you, and you can ask him
yourself.

> A more likely scenario is the untaxed, unlicensed, uninsured pedestrian walked in to the carriageway in front of a moving vehicle.

As he has every right to do, with very limited exceptions.

--
Spike

Re: Assault by fairy-cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, taken to hospital

<jdsr2sFco0jU4@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9515&group=uk.rec.cycling#9515

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Assault by fairy-cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, taken
to hospital
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 16:42:20 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 9 May 2022 15:42 UTC

On 09/05/2022 09:06 am, Spike wrote:

> Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was assaulted by a
> fairy-cyclist in Langney Rise, Eastbourne.
>
> The 56-year-old victim was walking on the pavement near the ATS Garage
> when a fairy-cyclist rode by him and clipped into him at about 2.45pm on
> Thursday 24 February.
>
> The fairy-cyclist then got into a verbal altercation with the victim
> and started pushing him. He then pushed him to the ground, and kicked him
> repeatedly in the head, smashing his glasses. He [the victim, not the
> fairy-cyclist] was taken to hospital and treated for minor injuries.
>
> The suspect was riding a grey mountain fairy-bike and is white, aged
> about 18, 5’ 10” and was wearing a dark hoodie and dark trousers.
>
> PC Jon Dixon said: “At the time of the incident the victim said the road
> was busy with traffic, so we would like to hear from anyone who saw this
> happen. Please contact us if you can help our investigation.”
>
> Report online or ring 101 quoting serial 172 of 25/02.

> <https://bournefreelive.co.uk/man-assaulted-by-cyclist-in-eastbourne/>

Someone must know who he is.

Someone with a conscience, I mean.

So probably not another fairy-cyclist.

Re: Assault by fairy-cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, taken to hospital

<jdsr7nFco0jU5@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9516&group=uk.rec.cycling#9516

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
to hospital
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 16:44:55 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 9 May 2022 15:44 UTC

On 09/05/2022 10:59 am, Mike Collins wrote:

> On Monday, 9 May 2022 at 09:06:26 UTC+1, Spike wrote:

>> Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was assaulted by a
>> fairy-cyclist in Langney Rise, Eastbourne.
>>
>> The 56-year-old victim was walking on the pavement near the ATS Garage
>> when a fairy-cyclist rode by him and clipped into him at about 2.45pm on
>> Thursday 24 February.
>>
>> The fairy-cyclist then got into a verbal altercation with the victim and
>> started pushing him. He then pushed him to the ground, and kicked him
>> repeatedly in the head, smashing his glasses. He [the victim] was taken
>> to hospital and treated for minor injuries.
>>
>> The suspect fairy-cyclist was riding a grey mountain bike and is white,
>> aged about 18 [that's probably his IQ as well], 5’ 10” and was wearing
>> a dark hoodie and dark trousers.
>>
>> PC Jon Dixon said: “At the time of the incident the victim said the road
>> was busy with traffic, so we would like to hear from anyone who saw this
>> happen. Please contact us if you can help our investigation.”
>>
>> Report online or ring 101 quoting serial 172 of 25/02.
>>
>> <https://bournefreelive.co.uk/man-assaulted-by-cyclist-in-eastbourne/>
>
> Was the alleged victim wearing a helmet?
> A more likely scenario is the untaxed, unlicensed, uninsured pedestrian walked in to the carriageway in front of a moving vehicle.

Which bit of "on the pavement" was too difficult for you to understand?

Re: Assault by fairy-cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, taken to hospital

<jdstihFd4kmU6@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9533&group=uk.rec.cycling#9533

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
to hospital
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 16:24:49 +0000
 by: Spike - Mon, 9 May 2022 16:24 UTC

On 09/05/2022 15:44, JNugent wrote:
> On 09/05/2022 10:59 am, Mike Collins wrote:
>> On Monday, 9 May 2022 at 09:06:26 UTC+1, Spike wrote:

>>> Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was assaulted by a
>>> fairy-cyclist in Langney Rise, Eastbourne.

>>> The 56-year-old victim was walking on the pavement near the ATS Garage
>>> when a fairy-cyclist rode by him and clipped into him at about 2.45pm on
>>> Thursday 24 February.

>>> The fairy-cyclist then got into a verbal altercation with the victim and
>>> started pushing him. He then pushed him to the ground, and kicked him
>>> repeatedly in the head, smashing his glasses. He [the victim] was taken
>>> to hospital and treated for minor injuries.

>>> The suspect fairy-cyclist was riding a grey mountain bike and is white,
>>> aged about 18 [that's probably his IQ as well], 5’ 10” and was wearing
>>> a dark hoodie and dark trousers.

>>> PC Jon Dixon said: “At the time of the incident the victim said the road
>>> was busy with traffic, so we would like to hear from anyone who saw this
>>> happen. Please contact us if you can help our investigation.”

>>> Report online or ring 101 quoting serial 172 of 25/02.

>>> <https://bournefreelive.co.uk/man-assaulted-by-cyclist-in-eastbourne/>

>> A more likely scenario is the untaxed, unlicensed, uninsured pedestrian walked in to the carriageway in front of a moving vehicle.

> Which bit of "on the pavement" was too difficult for you to understand?

Most of it, apparently.

--
Spike

Re: Assault by fairy-cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, taken to hospital

<71d4da30-f087-4b10-b082-5dcb22830bc1n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9538&group=uk.rec.cycling#9538

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 09:40:19 -0700 (PDT)
to hospital
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Mon, 9 May 2022 16:40 UTC

On Monday, 9 May 2022 at 16:44:58 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
> On 09/05/2022 10:59 am, Mike Collins wrote:
>
> > On Monday, 9 May 2022 at 09:06:26 UTC+1, Spike wrote:
>
> >> Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was assaulted by a
> >> fairy-cyclist in Langney Rise, Eastbourne.
> >>
> >> The 56-year-old victim was walking on the pavement near the ATS Garage
> >> when a fairy-cyclist rode by him and clipped into him at about 2.45pm on
> >> Thursday 24 February.
> >>
> >> The fairy-cyclist then got into a verbal altercation with the victim and
> >> started pushing him. He then pushed him to the ground, and kicked him
> >> repeatedly in the head, smashing his glasses. He [the victim] was taken
> >> to hospital and treated for minor injuries.
> >>
> >> The suspect fairy-cyclist was riding a grey mountain bike and is white,
> >> aged about 18 [that's probably his IQ as well], 5’ 10” and was wearing
> >> a dark hoodie and dark trousers.
> >>
> >> PC Jon Dixon said: “At the time of the incident the victim said the road
> >> was busy with traffic, so we would like to hear from anyone who saw this
> >> happen. Please contact us if you can help our investigation.”
> >>
> >> Report online or ring 101 quoting serial 172 of 25/02.
> >>
> >> <https://bournefreelive.co.uk/man-assaulted-by-cyclist-in-eastbourne/>
> >
> > Was the alleged victim wearing a helmet?
> > A more likely scenario is the untaxed, unlicensed, uninsured pedestrian walked in to the carriageway in front of a moving vehicle.
> Which bit of "on the pavement" was too difficult for you to understand?

There is no evidence the victim was cycling on the pavement.

Re: Assault by fairy-cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, taken to hospital

<jdukisFn3gkU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9543&group=uk.rec.cycling#9543

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
to hospital
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 08:03:41 +0000
 by: Spike - Tue, 10 May 2022 08:03 UTC

On 09/05/2022 16:40, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Monday, 9 May 2022 at 16:44:58 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

>>> Was the alleged victim wearing a helmet?

>>> A more likely scenario is the untaxed, unlicensed, uninsured pedestrian walked in to the carriageway in front of a moving vehicle.

>> Which bit of "on the pavement" was too difficult for you to understand?

> There is no evidence the victim was cycling on the pavement.

There is no evidence the victim was cycling.

--
Spike

Re: Assault by fairy-cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, taken to hospital

<jdumcnFnhlmU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9544&group=uk.rec.cycling#9544

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
to hospital
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 09:34:31 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 10 May 2022 08:34 UTC

On 09/05/2022 05:40 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

> On Monday, 9 May 2022 at 16:44:58 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

>>> Was the alleged victim wearing a helmet?
>>> A more likely scenario is the untaxed, unlicensed, uninsured pedestrian walked in to the carriageway in front of a moving vehicle.

>> Which bit of "on the pavement" was too difficult for you to understand?
>
> There is no evidence the victim was cycling on the pavement.

Correct. The victim was walking on the "pavement" (footway). The
criminal was the one doing the fairy-cycling on the footway.

DIRECT QUOTE from above:
The 56-year-old victim was walking on the pavement near the ATS Garage
when a fairy-cyclist rode by him and clipped into him at about 2.45pm on
Thursday 24 February.
ENDQUOTE

Re: Assault by fairy-cyclist - No. 5: Eastbourne man attacked, taken to hospital

<jdvg9mFschnU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9559&group=uk.rec.cycling#9559

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
to hospital
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 15:56:38 +0000
 by: Spike - Tue, 10 May 2022 15:56 UTC

On 10/05/2022 08:34, JNugent wrote:
> On 09/05/2022 05:40 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

>>> Which bit of "on the pavement" was too difficult for you to understand?

>> There is no evidence the victim was cycling on the pavement.

> Correct. The victim was walking on the "pavement" (footway). The
> criminal was the one doing the fairy-cycling on the footway.

> DIRECT QUOTE from above:

> The 56-year-old victim was walking on the pavement near the ATS Garage
> when a fairy-cyclist rode by him and clipped into him at about 2.45pm on
> Thursday 24 February.

> ENDQUOTE

DIRECT QUOTE

"...when a fairy-cyclist rode by him and clipped into him..."

ENDQUOTE

No question of a dangerous close pass, a close pass, a car width, or
1.5m separation.

Want it all, these cyclists, but can't treat the most vulnerable like
they themselves demand to be treated.

--
Spike