All extremists should be taken out and shot.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Driver angered by fairy-cyclists "taking up the road" fined £1,000 after shouting abuse and careless driving

SubjectAuthor
* Driver angered by cyclists "taking up the road" fineswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Driver angered by cyclists "taking up the road" fSpike
+- Re: Driver angered by cyclists "taking up the road"swldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Driver angered by cyclists "taking up the road"swldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Driver angered by cyclists "taking up the road" fSpike
+* Re: Driver angered by cyclists "taking up the road"swldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Driver angered by cyclists "taking up the road" fSpike
| `- Re: Driver angered by cyclists "taking up the road"JNugent
+* Re: Driver angered by cyclists "taking up the road"swldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Driver angered by cyclists "taking up the road" fSpike
+- Re: Driver angered by cyclists "taking up the road"swldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Driver angered by cyclists "taking up the road"swldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Driver angered by cyclists "taking up the road"swldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Driver angered by cyclists "taking up the road" fSpike
+- Re: Driver angered by cyclists "taking up the road"swldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Driver angered by cyclists "taking up the road"swldx...@gmail.com
`- Re: Driver angered by cyclists "taking up the road"swldx...@gmail.com

Pages:12
Re: Driver angered by fairy-cyclists "taking up the road" fined £1,000 after shouting abuse and careless driving

<t5da6o$53c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9548&group=uk.rec.cycling#9548

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_Driver_angered_by_fairy-cyclists_"taking_up_the_r
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 21:10:46 +1200
 by: Peter Keller - Tue, 10 May 2022 09:10 UTC

On 10/05/22 03:33, JNugent wrote:
> On 09/05/2022 10:13 am, Peter Keller wrote:

>>> [Someone snipped the bit about the power of a constable to arrest anyone
>>> breaching that Act.]

>>> It is true that there are a lot more motor vehicles than there are
>>> fairy-cyclists.
>>>
>>> And the roads should be for the many, not the few.
>>
>> The roads should be for the many AND for the few.
>
> That's true enough, but definitely not for only the few as so many
> fairy-cyclist nutters seem to want.
>
> It would be fairer to ban fairy-cycling altogether than it it ever can
> be to prioritise it as they seek, at the expense of the vast majority.
>
> Only a small proportion of the population will ever take up
> fairy-cycling. It isn't 1870 any more!
>
>> It is illegal to ride a bicycle on the footpath.
>
> Don't tell I, tell 'e.

I seem to be out of line.
I want to use my fairy-bicycle everywhere practical as for me it is a
delightful convenient economical healthy viable means of transport.
I am not asking for priority for fairy-bicycles apart from general
considerations and road rules which apply equally to all road users.
Consideration, of course, includes allowing faster traffic to pass,
where practicable.
I don't care how few people take up fairy-bicycling. I will keep doing it.
I really resent the 'dictatorship of the majority'.

Re: Driver angered by fairy-cyclists "taking up the road" fined £1,000 after shouting abuse and careless driving

<jdurqsFofarU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9554&group=uk.rec.cycling#9554

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 11:07:24 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 10 May 2022 10:07 UTC

On 10/05/2022 10:10 am, Peter Keller wrote:
> On 10/05/22 03:33, JNugent wrote:

>>> The roads should be for the many AND for the few.
>>
>> That's true enough, but definitely not for only the few as so many
>> fairy-cyclist nutters seem to want.
>>
>> It would be fairer to ban fairy-cycling altogether than it it ever can
>> be to prioritise it as they seek, at the expense of the vast majority.
>>
>> Only a small proportion of the population will ever take up
>> fairy-cycling. It isn't 1870 any more!
>>
>>> It is illegal to ride a bicycle on the footpath.
>>
>> Don't tell I, tell 'e.
>
> I seem to be out of line.
> I want to use my fairy-bicycle everywhere practical as for me it is a
> delightful convenient economical healthy viable means of transport.

I know.

> I am not asking for priority for fairy-bicycles apart from general
> considerations and road rules which apply equally to all road users.

I know.

> Consideration, of course, includes allowing faster traffic to pass,
> where practicable.

Of course.

> I don't care how few people take up fairy-bicycling. I will keep doing it.
> I really resent the 'dictatorship of the majority'.

:-) And quite right too.

Re: Driver angered by cyclists "taking up the road" fined £1,000 after shouting abuse and careless driving

<c17df15b-87e3-4b4c-b3c8-5890479b6e03n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9555&group=uk.rec.cycling#9555

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 03:10:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_Driver_angered_by_cyclists_"taking_up_the_road"_
fined_£1,000_after_shouting_abuse_and_careless_driving
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 10 May 2022 10:10 UTC

TriTaxMan replied to chrisonatrike | 685 posts | 1 day ago
1 like

chrisonatrike wrote:

Address - again I don't think posting here is a good look. However what is here is apparently from Companies House - that's public info. More than that it's entirely up to you what you put in there. Indeed by law you are entitled (even steered towards) providing a correspondence address which isn't your home address. (You have to provide CH with a home address but they won't publish that unless you don't provide a correspondence address and / or ask them to keep your details on the public register - which is unusual). Same with date of birth - you normally only see month and year unless you opt for the public register. So that's a choice. (Leaving aside the fact that by law Companies House has to record anything you write and almost never checks anything, and it's only moderately expensive to set up structures which make your ownership very difficult to trace etc.).

I know exactly how easy it is to obscure public info on companies house. I deal with companies and company directors on a near daily basis as my job. And the vast majoritiy of companies tend to use their accountants address as their registered office and to a slightly lesser extent directors correspondence address. Most accountants offer this as a nominal fee service.

What was posted was a direct cut and paste from the directors details page on companies house.