From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Assault by cyclist - No. 6: Brutal attack on Exeter pedestrian
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 16:05:52 +0000
 by: Spike - Tue, 10 May 2022 16:05 UTC

A pedestrian has sustained a serious cut to the head after being
attacked by a cyclist.

Officers from Devon and Cornwall Police are appealing for witnesses
following the incident which took place on Western Way at around 1am on
February, 6.

Police say the pedestrian was knocked over by a cyclist, before being
assaulted by a second cyclist who used a bike saddle.

In a statement on their website, a spokesperson for Devon and Cornwall
Police said: "Police investigating a reported assault on Western Way,
Exeter, at around 1am on Sunday 6 February, are appealing for any
witnesses to come forward.

"It was reported that a pedestrian was knocked down in a collision with
a cyclist and then assaulted by a second cyclist, who used his bike
saddle in the assault.

"The pedestrian sustained a serious cut to his head and a broken tooth.

Both cyclists left the scene and are described as white males in their
20s, of slim build, with brown hair. One was riding a purple BMX."

If you witnessed the incident, have any information or dashcam footage
that could help the police with their enquiries, please email
101@dc.police.uk or call 101, quoting CR/010868/22.

<https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/pedestrian-suffers-serious-head-injury-6662021>

--
Spike

Re: Assault by cyclist - No. 6: Brutal attack on Exeter pedestrian

<jdvhl4FsjupU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9567&group=uk.rec.cycling#9567

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 17:19:48 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 10 May 2022 16:19 UTC

On 10/05/2022 05:05 pm, Spike wrote:
> A pedestrian has sustained a serious cut to the head after being
> attacked by a cyclist.
>
> Officers from Devon and Cornwall Police are appealing for witnesses
> following the incident which took place on Western Way at around 1am on
> February, 6.
>
> Police say the pedestrian was knocked over by a cyclist, before being
> assaulted by a second cyclist who used a bike saddle.
>
> In a statement on their website, a spokesperson for Devon and Cornwall
> Police said: "Police investigating a reported assault on Western Way,
> Exeter, at around 1am on Sunday 6 February, are appealing for any
> witnesses to come forward.
>
> "It was reported that a pedestrian was knocked down in a collision with
> a cyclist and then assaulted by a second cyclist, who used his bike
> saddle in the assault.
>
> "The pedestrian sustained a serious cut to his head and a broken tooth.
>
> Both cyclists left the scene and are described as white males in their
> 20s, of slim build, with brown hair. One was riding a purple BMX."
>
> If you witnessed the incident, have any information or dashcam footage
> that could help the police with their enquiries, please email
> 101@dc.police.uk or call 101, quoting CR/010868/22.
>
> <https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/pedestrian-suffers-serious-head-injury-6662021>

Someone - perhaps another fairy-cyclist - will know who they are.

Te question is whether they will do their civic duty and "dob them in".