ASHes to ASHes, DOS to DOS.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Hull: Salmonella outbreak - Cranswick Country Foods processing plant

SubjectAuthor
* Hull: Salmonella outbreak - Cranswick Country Foods processing plantSpike
+* Re: Hull: Salmonella outbreak - Cranswick Country Foods processingJNugent
|`- Re: Hull: Salmonella outbreak - Cranswick Country Foods processingSpike
`* Re: Hull: Salmonella outbreak - Cranswick Country Foods processing plantMike Collins
 `- Re: Hull: Salmonella outbreak - Cranswick Country Foods processingSpike

1
Hull: Salmonella outbreak - Cranswick Country Foods processing plant

<je4ri7Fsv4aU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9604&group=uk.rec.cycling#9604

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Hull: Salmonella outbreak - Cranswick Country Foods processing plant
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 16:39:37 +0000
 by: Spike - Thu, 12 May 2022 16:39 UTC

Salmonella outbreak confirmed at Cranswick Hull

Several supermarkets and coffee shops have removed dozens of chicken
products from their shelves after a salmonella outbreak in a processing
factory.

Chicken sandwiches, wraps and salads are among the products with certain
use-by dates in May that customers are being advised not to eat, and to
return to stores for a refund.

Tesco, Sainsbury's, Aldi, Pret A Manger, M&S and Waitrose are among
those affected by the outbreak.

About 100 products are being recalled.

The Food Standards Agency (FSA) said other retailers including Amazon,
Caffe Nero, Costa, Jamie Oliver deli by Shell, One Stop and Starbucks
are also recalling products.

The affected chicken wraps, ready meals and sandwiches have use-by dates
of between 11 and 20 May.

The salmonella outbreak was detected during a routine inspection at the
Cranswick Country Foods processing plant in Hull, where chicken products
are sold as ingredients for sandwiches and meals through UK retailers
and food-to-go outlets.

Cranswick said it was working with the Food Standards Agency and
investigating the "possible cause of the contamination".

"The safety and quality of every product produced by Cranswick is our
number one priority and all necessary protocols will be followed and
completed before we restart production," the company said.

Symptoms of salmonella poisoning include diarrhoea, vomiting and stomach
cramps.
'Precautionary measure'

On their websites, the supermarkets describe the decision to recall the
products as a "precautionary measure".

Sainsbury's has the most affected cooked chicken products with 33, while
Tesco is recalling 14 items, M&S 12 and Waitrose 10.

Aldi has eight different products listed as being recalled.

A Sainsbury's spokeswoman said the supermarket was recalling the
"majority of Sainsbury's and Taste the Difference chicken sandwiches,
chicken wraps, chicken sandwich platters and some of our cooked chicken".

"This is a precautionary measure as our supplier has alerted us that
salmonella has been detected in some batches of cooked chicken," she added.

"We are asking customers not to consume the product and to return it to
their nearest Sainsbury's store, where they will receive a full refund.
We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."

Pret A Manger said it had removed the majority of chicken items on its menu.

The FSA advised customers that if they had bought affected products to
not eat them and return them to the store from where they were bought.

<https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61424999>

--
Spike

Re: Hull: Salmonella outbreak - Cranswick Country Foods processing plant

<je5bkdF1aqqU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9610&group=uk.rec.cycling#9610

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Hull: Salmonella outbreak - Cranswick Country Foods processing
plant
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 22:13:50 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 12 May 2022 21:13 UTC

On 12/05/2022 05:39 pm, Spike wrote:

> Salmonella outbreak confirmed at Cranswick Hull
>
> Several supermarkets and coffee shops have removed dozens of chicken
> products from their shelves after a salmonella outbreak in a processing
> factory.
> Chicken sandwiches, wraps and salads are among the products with certain
> use-by dates in May that customers are being advised not to eat, and to
> return to stores for a refund.
> Tesco, Sainsbury's, Aldi, Pret A Manger, M&S and Waitrose are among
> those affected by the outbreak.
> About 100 products are being recalled.
> The Food Standards Agency (FSA) said other retailers including Amazon,
> Caffe Nero, Costa, Jamie Oliver deli by Shell, One Stop and Starbucks
> are also recalling products.
> The affected chicken wraps, ready meals and sandwiches have use-by dates
> of between 11 and 20 May.
> The salmonella outbreak was detected during a routine inspection at the
> Cranswick Country Foods processing plant in Hull, where chicken products
> are sold as ingredients for sandwiches and meals through UK retailers
> and food-to-go outlets.
> Cranswick said it was working with the Food Standards Agency and
> investigating the "possible cause of the contamination".
> "The safety and quality of every product produced by Cranswick is our
> number one priority and all necessary protocols will be followed and
> completed before we restart production," the company said.
> Symptoms of salmonella poisoning include diarrhoea, vomiting and stomach
> cramps.

> 'Precautionary measure'
>
> On their websites, the supermarkets describe the decision to recall the
> products as a "precautionary measure".
> Sainsbury's has the most affected cooked chicken products with 33, while
> Tesco is recalling 14 items, M&S 12 and Waitrose 10.
> Aldi has eight different products listed as being recalled.
>
> A Sainsbury's spokeswoman said the supermarket was recalling the
> "majority of Sainsbury's and Taste the Difference chicken sandwiches,
> chicken wraps, chicken sandwich platters and some of our cooked chicken".
> "This is a precautionary measure as our supplier has alerted us that
> salmonella has been detected in some batches of cooked chicken," she added.
> "We are asking customers not to consume the product and to return it to
> their nearest Sainsbury's store, where they will receive a full refund.
> We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."
> Pret A Manger said it had removed the majority of chicken items on its menu.
> The FSA advised customers that if they had bought affected products to
> not eat them and return them to the store from where they were bought.

> <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61424999>

If fairy-cyclists are involved (especially near any village greens),
just be glad it's not E-Coli rather than salmonella.

Re: Hull: Salmonella outbreak - Cranswick Country Foods processing plant

<d8bdcbed-9aad-439a-940a-b79dcfd2a892n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9614&group=uk.rec.cycling#9614

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 19:31:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Fri, 13 May 2022 02:31 UTC

On Thursday, 12 May 2022 at 17:39:37 UTC+1, Spike wrote:
> Salmonella outbreak confirmed at Cranswick Hull
>

> Several supermarkets and coffee shops have removed dozens of chicken
> products from their shelves after a salmonella outbreak in a processing
> factory.
>
> Chicken sandwiches, wraps and salads are among the products with certain
> use-by dates in May that customers are being advised not to eat, and to
> return to stores for a refund.
>
> Tesco, Sainsbury's, Aldi, Pret A Manger, M&S and Waitrose are among
> those affected by the outbreak.
>
> About 100 products are being recalled.
>
> The Food Standards Agency (FSA) said other retailers including Amazon,
> Caffe Nero, Costa, Jamie Oliver deli by Shell, One Stop and Starbucks
> are also recalling products.
>
> The affected chicken wraps, ready meals and sandwiches have use-by dates
> of between 11 and 20 May.
>
> The salmonella outbreak was detected during a routine inspection at the
> Cranswick Country Foods processing plant in Hull, where chicken products
> are sold as ingredients for sandwiches and meals through UK retailers
> and food-to-go outlets.
>
> Cranswick said it was working with the Food Standards Agency and
> investigating the "possible cause of the contamination".
>
> "The safety and quality of every product produced by Cranswick is our
> number one priority and all necessary protocols will be followed and
> completed before we restart production," the company said.
>
> Symptoms of salmonella poisoning include diarrhoea, vomiting and stomach
> cramps.
> 'Precautionary measure'
>
> On their websites, the supermarkets describe the decision to recall the
> products as a "precautionary measure".
>
> Sainsbury's has the most affected cooked chicken products with 33, while
> Tesco is recalling 14 items, M&S 12 and Waitrose 10.
>
> Aldi has eight different products listed as being recalled.
>
> A Sainsbury's spokeswoman said the supermarket was recalling the
> "majority of Sainsbury's and Taste the Difference chicken sandwiches,
> chicken wraps, chicken sandwich platters and some of our cooked chicken".
>
> "This is a precautionary measure as our supplier has alerted us that
> salmonella has been detected in some batches of cooked chicken," she added.
>
> "We are asking customers not to consume the product and to return it to
> their nearest Sainsbury's store, where they will receive a full refund.
> We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."
>
> Pret A Manger said it had removed the majority of chicken items on its menu.
>
> The FSA advised customers that if they had bought affected products to
> not eat them and return them to the store from where they were bought.
>
> <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61424999>
>

> --
> Spike

and?

Re: Hull: Salmonella outbreak - Cranswick Country Foods processing plant

<je6h2aF7v3iU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9617&group=uk.rec.cycling#9617

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
plant
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 07:52:44 +0000
 by: Spike - Fri, 13 May 2022 07:52 UTC

On 12/05/2022 21:13, JNugent wrote:
> On 12/05/2022 05:39 pm, Spike wrote:

>> Salmonella outbreak confirmed at Cranswick Hull

>> Several supermarkets and coffee shops have removed dozens of chicken
>> products from their shelves after a salmonella outbreak in a processing
>> factory.
>> Chicken sandwiches, wraps and salads are among the products with certain
>> use-by dates in May that customers are being advised not to eat, and to
>> return to stores for a refund.
>> Tesco, Sainsbury's, Aldi, Pret A Manger, M&S and Waitrose are among
>> those affected by the outbreak.
>> About 100 products are being recalled.
>> The Food Standards Agency (FSA) said other retailers including Amazon,
>> Caffe Nero, Costa, Jamie Oliver deli by Shell, One Stop and Starbucks
>> are also recalling products.
>> The affected chicken wraps, ready meals and sandwiches have use-by dates
>> of between 11 and 20 May.
>> The salmonella outbreak was detected during a routine inspection at the
>> Cranswick Country Foods processing plant in Hull, where chicken products
>> are sold as ingredients for sandwiches and meals through UK retailers
>> and food-to-go outlets.
>> Cranswick said it was working with the Food Standards Agency and
>> investigating the "possible cause of the contamination".
>> "The safety and quality of every product produced by Cranswick is our
>> number one priority and all necessary protocols will be followed and
>> completed before we restart production," the company said.
>> Symptoms of salmonella poisoning include diarrhoea, vomiting and stomach
>> cramps.

>> 'Precautionary measure'

>> On their websites, the supermarkets describe the decision to recall the
>> products as a "precautionary measure".
>> Sainsbury's has the most affected cooked chicken products with 33, while
>> Tesco is recalling 14 items, M&S 12 and Waitrose 10.
>> Aldi has eight different products listed as being recalled.

>> A Sainsbury's spokeswoman said the supermarket was recalling the
>> "majority of Sainsbury's and Taste the Difference chicken sandwiches,
>> chicken wraps, chicken sandwich platters and some of our cooked chicken".
>> "This is a precautionary measure as our supplier has alerted us that
>> salmonella has been detected in some batches of cooked chicken," she added.
>> "We are asking customers not to consume the product and to return it to
>> their nearest Sainsbury's store, where they will receive a full refund.
>> We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."
>> Pret A Manger said it had removed the majority of chicken items on its menu.
>> The FSA advised customers that if they had bought affected products to
>> not eat them and return them to the store from where they were bought.

>> <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61424999>

> If fairy-cyclists are involved (especially near any village greens),
> just be glad it's not E-Coli rather than salmonella.

Too true - that's moon-suit stuff.

--
Spike

Re: Hull: Salmonella outbreak - Cranswick Country Foods processing plant

<je6h2mF7v3iU4@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9618&group=uk.rec.cycling#9618

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
plant
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 07:52:57 +0000

On 13/05/2022 02:31, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Thursday, 12 May 2022 at 17:39:37 UTC+1, Spike wrote:

>> Salmonella outbreak confirmed at Cranswick Hull

>> Several supermarkets and coffee shops have removed dozens of chicken
>> products from their shelves after a salmonella outbreak in a processing
>> factory.

>> Chicken sandwiches, wraps and salads are among the products with certain
>> use-by dates in May that customers are being advised not to eat, and to
>> return to stores for a refund.

>> Tesco, Sainsbury's, Aldi, Pret A Manger, M&S and Waitrose are among
>> those affected by the outbreak.

>> About 100 products are being recalled.

>> The Food Standards Agency (FSA) said other retailers including Amazon,
>> Caffe Nero, Costa, Jamie Oliver deli by Shell, One Stop and Starbucks
>> are also recalling products.

>> The affected chicken wraps, ready meals and sandwiches have use-by dates
>> of between 11 and 20 May.

>> The salmonella outbreak was detected during a routine inspection at the
>> Cranswick Country Foods processing plant in Hull, where chicken products
>> are sold as ingredients for sandwiches and meals through UK retailers
>> and food-to-go outlets.

>> Cranswick said it was working with the Food Standards Agency and
>> investigating the "possible cause of the contamination".

>> "The safety and quality of every product produced by Cranswick is our
>> number one priority and all necessary protocols will be followed and
>> completed before we restart production," the company said.

>> Symptoms of salmonella poisoning include diarrhoea, vomiting and stomach
>> cramps.

>> 'Precautionary measure'

>> On their websites, the supermarkets describe the decision to recall the
>> products as a "precautionary measure".

>> Sainsbury's has the most affected cooked chicken products with 33, while
>> Tesco is recalling 14 items, M&S 12 and Waitrose 10.

>> Aldi has eight different products listed as being recalled.

>> A Sainsbury's spokeswoman said the supermarket was recalling the
>> "majority of Sainsbury's and Taste the Difference chicken sandwiches,
>> chicken wraps, chicken sandwich platters and some of our cooked chicken".

>> "This is a precautionary measure as our supplier has alerted us that
>> salmonella has been detected in some batches of cooked chicken," she added.

>> "We are asking customers not to consume the product and to return it to
>> their nearest Sainsbury's store, where they will receive a full refund.
>> We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."

>> Pret A Manger said it had removed the majority of chicken items on its menu.

>> The FSA advised customers that if they had bought affected products to
>> not eat them and return them to the store from where they were bought.

>> <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61424999>

> and?

We hear so much about Hull on this group, this fits right in.

--
Spike