Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simple after all, coast guard says

SubjectAuthor
* Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simple afterJeSSe
+* Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simpleThe Happy Hippy
|`* Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simpleJeSSe
| `* Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simpleThe Happy Hippy
|  `* Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simpleJeSSe
|   `- Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simpleThe Happy Hippy
`* Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simpleTWP
 `* Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simpleTWP
  +- Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simpleTWP
  `* Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simpleJeSSe
   `* Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simpleTWP
    `- Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simpleJeSSe

1
Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simple after all, coast guard says

<k1nkM.5982$zcM5.4370@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9617&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9617

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Subject: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simple after
all, coast guard says
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 15:24:00 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Tue, 20 Jun 2023 19:24 UTC

To point out the obvious [to clueless idiots]

``````````````

Coast Guard says it can't guarantee rescue of missing Titanic
submersible even IF they find it - as oxygen supply dwindles to just 40
hours

Coast Guard has deployed remote operated vehicles to dive for the
missing sub
Even if they find it, raising it to the ocean surface will pose
another challenge
The submersible went down at 8am on Sunday; it has 40 hours of
oxygen left
READ MORE: DailyMail.com's live coverage of missing submersible Titan

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12215585/Coast-Guard-admits-not-able-rescue-five-people-board-missing-Titanic-tourist-sub.html

Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simple after all, coast guard says

<20230620204904.0000555b@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9619&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9619

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simple
after all, coast guard says
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 20:49:04 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 20 Jun 2023 19:49 UTC

On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 15:24:00 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> To point out the obvious [to clueless idiots]

No one has claimed there's any guarantee of a rescue. You are merely trolling again.

Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simple after all, coast guard says

<L6okM.3664$KtZc.1316@fx08.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9628&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9628

after all, coast guard says
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 16:38:03 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Tue, 20 Jun 2023 20:38 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 15:24:00 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> To point out the obvious [to clueless idiots]
>
> No one has claimed there's any guarantee of a rescue. You are merely trolling again.

Twas obvious you'd know who "clueless idiots" referred to, you never
disappoint when set up

[BTW, YOU are the one who stupidly implied it could be a simple
operation to rescue it, not me]

Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simple after all, coast guard says

<20230620220030.00003a6d@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9634&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9634

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
after all, coast guard says
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 22:00:30 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 20 Jun 2023 21:00 UTC

On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 16:38:03 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> [BTW, YOU are the one who stupidly implied it could be a simple
> operation to rescue it, not me]

No I didn't. I merely pointed out that your claim of there being zero possibility of rescue was wrong.

Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simple after all, coast guard says

<mEskM.983$8Hjf.506@fx04.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9637&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9637

From: ngspamme...@yahoo.com (TWP)
after all, coast guard says
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 01:46:58 GMT
 by: TWP - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 01:46 UTC

On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 15:24:00 -0400, JeSSe wrote:

> To point out the obvious [to clueless idiots]
>
> ``````````````
>
> Coast Guard says it can't guarantee rescue of missing Titanic
> submersible even IF they find it - as oxygen supply dwindles to just 40
> hours
>
> Coast Guard has deployed remote operated vehicles to dive for the
> missing sub
> Even if they find it, raising it to the ocean surface will pose
> another challenge
> The submersible went down at 8am on Sunday; it has 40 hours of
> oxygen left
> READ MORE: DailyMail.com's live coverage of missing submersible
> Titan
>
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12215585/Coast-Guard-admits-not-
able-rescue-five-people-board-missing-Titanic-tourist-sub.html

They'd have a better chance if there had been two submarines diving
together or continuous tracking of some kind. There doesn't seem to have
been a lot of thought given to surviving incidents that might trap or
disable the submarine. OK, maybe it imploded rather than becoming
disabled and everyone is dead, but they should still have been able to
find the submarine afterwards.

Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simple after all, coast guard says

<aZskM.6715$92h9.376@fx07.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9638&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9638

From: ngspamme...@yahoo.com (TWP)
after all, coast guard says
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 02:09:10 GMT
 by: TWP - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 02:09 UTC

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 01:46:58 +0000, TWP wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 15:24:00 -0400, JeSSe wrote:
>
>> To point out the obvious [to clueless idiots]
>>
>> ``````````````
>>
>> Coast Guard says it can't guarantee rescue of missing Titanic
>> submersible even IF they find it - as oxygen supply dwindles to just 40
>> hours
>>
>> Coast Guard has deployed remote operated vehicles to dive for the
>> missing sub
>> Even if they find it, raising it to the ocean surface will pose
>> another challenge
>> The submersible went down at 8am on Sunday; it has 40 hours of
>> oxygen left
>> READ MORE: DailyMail.com's live coverage of missing submersible
>> Titan
>>
>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12215585/Coast-Guard-admits-
not-
> able-rescue-five-people-board-missing-Titanic-tourist-sub.html
>

> They'd have a better chance if there had been two submarines diving
> together or continuous tracking of some kind. There doesn't seem to
> have been a lot of thought given to surviving incidents that might trap
> or disable the submarine. OK, maybe it imploded rather than becoming
> disabled and everyone is dead, but they should still have been able to
> find the submarine afterwards.

This were going wrong here too...

CO2 fault while Alvin submarine was diving on Guadalcanal shipwrecks
https://youtu.be/MU3osN3UJaw?t=4353

Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simple after all, coast guard says

<5%skM.19634$ySzc.1303@fx15.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9639&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9639

From: ngspamme...@yahoo.com (TWP)
after all, coast guard says
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 02:11:13 GMT
 by: TWP - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 02:11 UTC

> This were going wrong here too...

("Things were going wrong")

Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simple after all, coast guard says

<IrtkM.9279$jlQ4.1488@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9640&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9640

after all, coast guard says
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 22:41:44 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 02:41 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 16:38:03 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> [BTW, YOU are the one who stupidly implied it could be a simple
>> operation to rescue it, not me]
>
> No I didn't. I merely pointed out that your claim of there being zero possibility of rescue was wrong.

You can't even remember what you wrote hours ago ?

"another may be able to pull or push it out, untangle it, whereupon it
could simply rise to the surface. Mission accomplished."

simply

sim·ply
/ˈsimplē/
adverb
in a straightforward or plain manner.

Also, I never said there is zero possibility of rescue [in fact I put
the odds at 10% less than 24 hours ago], you are lying straight through
your rotted teeth.

Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simple after all, coast guard says

<uvtkM.7737$4_6d.3870@fx06.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9641&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9641

after all, coast guard says
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 22:45:46 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 02:45 UTC

TWP wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 01:46:58 +0000, TWP wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 15:24:00 -0400, JeSSe wrote:
>>
>>> To point out the obvious [to clueless idiots]
>>>
>>> ``````````````
>>>
>>> Coast Guard says it can't guarantee rescue of missing Titanic
>>> submersible even IF they find it - as oxygen supply dwindles to just 40
>>> hours
>>>
>>> Coast Guard has deployed remote operated vehicles to dive for the
>>> missing sub
>>> Even if they find it, raising it to the ocean surface will pose
>>> another challenge
>>> The submersible went down at 8am on Sunday; it has 40 hours of
>>> oxygen left
>>> READ MORE: DailyMail.com's live coverage of missing submersible
>>> Titan
>>>
>>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12215585/Coast-Guard-admits-
> not-
>> able-rescue-five-people-board-missing-Titanic-tourist-sub.html
>>

>> They'd have a better chance if there had been two submarines diving
>> together or continuous tracking of some kind. There doesn't seem to
>> have been a lot of thought given to surviving incidents that might trap
>> or disable the submarine. OK, maybe it imploded rather than becoming
>> disabled and everyone is dead, but they should still have been able to
>> find the submarine afterwards.
>

> This were going wrong here too...
>
> CO2 fault while Alvin submarine was diving on Guadalcanal shipwrecks
> https://youtu.be/MU3osN3UJaw?t=4353

I watched that some time ago, Guadalcanal campaign has fascinated me
since I was a kid.

One thing I don't like about these NG documentaries is they end up
mixing in so much historical footage, preparations, chats with veterans
and overviews that there is hardly any actual footage of the wrecks,
which is my sole reason for watching, I don't need history lessons from
these people, very aggravating.

Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simple after all, coast guard says

<VuAkM.2132$7erd.1526@fx13.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9648&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9648

From: ngspamme...@yahoo.com (TWP)
after all, coast guard says
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 10:43:01 GMT
 by: TWP - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 10:43 UTC

> I watched that some time ago, Guadalcanal campaign has fascinated me
> since I was a kid.
>
> One thing I don't like about these NG documentaries is they end up
> mixing in so much historical footage, preparations, chats with veterans
> and overviews that there is hardly any actual footage of the wrecks,
> which is my sole reason for watching, I don't need history lessons from
> these people, very aggravating.

They probably think that holding on one subject for too long will bore
people.

Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simple after all, coast guard says

<20230621120910.000019d5@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9651&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9651

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
after all, coast guard says
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 12:09:10 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 11:09 UTC

On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 22:41:44 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> The Happy Hippy wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 16:38:03 -0400
> > JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
> >
> >> [BTW, YOU are the one who stupidly implied it could be a simple
> >> operation to rescue it, not me]
> >
> > No I didn't. I merely pointed out that your claim of there being
> > zero possibility of rescue was wrong.
>

> You can't even remember what you wrote hours ago ?
>
> "another may be able to pull or push it out, untangle it, whereupon
> it could simply rise to the surface. Mission accomplished."
>
> simply
>
> sim·ply
> /ˈsimplē/
> adverb
> in a straightforward or plain manner.

I said, as you quote, "it could simply rise to the surface", not that it would be simple to get to them or free them if they have been prevented from ascending by becoming entangled in the wreckage.

Once again you choose to imagine what was written rather than seeing what was written.

> Also, I never said there is zero possibility of rescue [in fact I put
> the odds at 10% less than 24 hours ago], you are lying straight
> through your rotted teeth.

You wrote -

<quote>

Its not complex, the equipment to pull off a rescue at those depths does
not exist, its called "Reality"

</quote>

So how do you square being able to pull off a rescue without the equipment existing to pull it off ?

Re: Rescuing a submersible trapped on ocean floor - Not so simple after all, coast guard says

<dTIkM.2070$LQ3.900@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9667&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9667

after all, coast guard says
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 16:15:05 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 20:15 UTC

TWP wrote:

>> I watched that some time ago, Guadalcanal campaign has fascinated me
>> since I was a kid.
>>
>> One thing I don't like about these NG documentaries is they end up
>> mixing in so much historical footage, preparations, chats with veterans
>> and overviews that there is hardly any actual footage of the wrecks,
>> which is my sole reason for watching, I don't need history lessons from
>> these people, very aggravating.
>
> They probably think that holding on one subject for too long will bore
> people.

Well, that and they are haughty and misguided, thinking the sheeple need
lessons to find out how these ships got there, how "Ironbottom Sound"
got its name.

I think a majority of folks who would watch something like this are
already well aware how they got there, and don't need to be told "It
started on Dec 7th, 1941 ,, A date which will live in infamy ,, ect ect
ect .."
If anything, I could school them guys on the history, I only want to see
the status of sunken wrecks.

They think giving a broad overview and endless insights, personal angles
and what-ifs makes for riveting content, just the opposite for me, makes
me reach for the fast forward button.