Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Subject: Oceangate - Innovation [and $$$] over safety
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 16:03:37 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Tue, 20 Jun 2023 20:03 UTC

Pretty damning indictment against these operators, who appear to be not
much more than modern day snake oil salesmen.
Particularly shocking is this vessel was never put through destructive
testing [or any independent testing at all for that matter] that would
have uncovered any flaws or deficiencies in the design like nothing else
could - One of the chief directors pushed for just such testing, and
type certification, and was fired.

````````````````````````````

OceanGate REFUSED to put missing Titan sub through independent
inspection process and also fired director in 2018 after he asked for
more rigorous safety tests

David Lochridge was fired after he raised concerns about Titan's safety
OceanGate also refused to have the vessel 'classed' by an
independent organization that would ensure it met accepted technical
standards
A frantic search and rescue mission is underway after Titan
vanished during a dive to Titanic's wreckage

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12215003/OceanGate-REFUSED-independent-inspection-missing-sub-fired-worker-raised-safety-concerns.html

Re: Oceangate - Innovation [and $$$] over safety

<20230620213042.0000431a@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9626&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9626

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Oceangate - Innovation [and $$$] over safety
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 21:30:42 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 20 Jun 2023 20:30 UTC

On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 16:03:37 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Pretty damning indictment against these operators, who appear to be
> not much more than modern day snake oil salesmen.

Should have known you were only interested in finding someone to blame, someone to incite hatred against.

You simply can't get through a day without finding someone to hate can you.

> Particularly shocking is this vessel was never put through
> destructive testing

Not really, and you don't actually know what testing it was put through. And it's not clear that destructive testing would have saved them from whatever has happened - we don't even know what has happened.

Titan has been put through her paces in previous dives to visit Titanic and everyone on-board was well aware of the risks involved.

As were the crews of Apollo 1, Challenger and Columbia.

Re: Oceangate - Innovation [and $$$] over safety

<k9okM.3665$KtZc.3631@fx08.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9629&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9629

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 16:40:48 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Tue, 20 Jun 2023 20:40 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 16:03:37 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> Pretty damning indictment against these operators, who appear to be
>> not much more than modern day snake oil salesmen.
>
> Should have known you were only interested in finding someone to blame, someone to incite hatred against.
>
> You simply can't get through a day without finding someone to hate can you.

Hate ?
Don't think so.
Disdain for shoddy management and pure greed ?
Certainly.

And you can't get through a day without knee jerk defense of someone, or
blaming the US for failure to rescue them. And thats not hate, thats
stupidity.

Re: Oceangate - Innovation [and $$$] over safety

<20230621115303.00005ec4@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9650&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9650

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 11:53:03 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 10:53 UTC

On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 16:40:48 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Disdain for shoddy management and pure greed ?
> Certainly.

You have absolutely no evidence for either of your assertions, therefore it is hate.

It is notable that you always defend Boeing, even when they are fined for safety failings in pursuit of profit, their failings which put lives at risk and have killed thousands of people.

You are a troll who always picks a side to defend or attack just to facilitate your trolling, to be contrary, or to push your ideological agenda. Facts don't matter, only who stands on each side.

Re: Oceangate - Innovation [and $$$] over safety

<M0JkM.4247$VKY6.1647@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9669&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9669

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 16:25:16 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 20:25 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 16:40:48 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> Disdain for shoddy management and pure greed ?
>> Certainly.
>
> You have absolutely no evidence for either of your assertions, therefore it is hate.

I have posted ample evidence of both, and thats just from what little
has come out so far - As opposed to you, claiming salvaging a vessel at
22k ft would be simple, and random alleged knocks somewhere in the ocean
are proof they are alive and there was no vessel failure.

> You are a troll who always picks a side to defend or attack just to facilitate your trolling, to be contrary, or to push your ideological agenda. Facts don't matter, only who stands on each side.

What "ideological agenda", if you may blandly steal a phrase from me, am
I pushing slamming an American owner of an American company ?

If anything, you stand as a hippycrite for not agreeing, how often do
you stand up for anything American [besides Bolshevik trannyism/nigger
worship] ?

Your 1 sided obsession with Boeing is a prime example since 1,000's have
perished in airbus as well, many more than Boeing if you consider that
they have existed as a manufacturer 1/3rd the time Boeing has.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Oceangate - Innovation [and $$$] over safety