From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Flippin' Mark
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 20:17:58 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 19:17 UTC

Thunderguts has started marking the first post in a fred with 'mark as
junk' and I can't find a way of stopping it or reversing Mark.

The line in 'mark' using right-click 'as junk status' is greyed out

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Flippin' Mark

<t3smlv$jn7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9650&group=uk.rec.sheds#9650

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Flippin' Mark
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 23:43:11 +0100
 by: Tone - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 22:43 UTC

On 21/04/2022 20:17, RustyHinge wrote:
> Thunderguts has started marking the first post in a fred with 'mark as
> junk' and I can't find a way of stopping it or reversing Mark.
>
> The line in 'mark' using right-click  'as junk status' is greyed out

Wot 'appens if you ask Mark to mark a massage as 'unread'?

Tone

Re: Flippin' Mark

<t3t0gq$gba$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9651&group=uk.rec.sheds#9651

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 02:31:06 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 01:31 UTC

On 21/04/2022 23:43, Tone wrote:
> On 21/04/2022 20:17, RustyHinge wrote:
>> Thunderguts has started marking the first post in a fred with 'mark as
>> junk' and I can't find a way of stopping it or reversing Mark.
>>
>> The line in 'mark' using right-click  'as junk status' is greyed out
>>

> Wot 'appens if you ask Mark to mark a massage as 'unread'?

Tried that. The title text goes bold, but the red circle with diagonal
(red) bar remains.

Ater closing the (lid of the) box, all the threads starting with the
mark disappeared but so did the proliferation of 'mark asjunk'signs.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Flippin' Mark

<4ei46hhh50isr0868i3kg3g9gkruvglii3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9652&group=uk.rec.sheds#9652

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 07:28:53 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 06:28 UTC

On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 02:31:06 +0100, RustyHinge
<rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:

>On 21/04/2022 23:43, Tone wrote:
>> On 21/04/2022 20:17, RustyHinge wrote:
>>> Thunderguts has started marking the first post in a fred with 'mark as
>>> junk' and I can't find a way of stopping it or reversing Mark.
>>>
>>> The line in 'mark' using right-click  'as junk status' is greyed out
>>>

>> Wot 'appens if you ask Mark to mark a massage as 'unread'?
>
>Tried that. The title text goes bold, but the red circle with diagonal
>(red) bar remains.
>
>Ater closing the (lid of the) box, all the threads starting with the
>mark disappeared but so did the proliferation of 'mark asjunk'signs.

From that last paragraph I'm guessing that you are sending the machine
to sleep. How long since you last switched it off? I have no idea how
resilient these OSes and programs are supposed to be: all I know is
that, since I swap operating systems on this machine several times a
day, I never seem to have the problems that you do and I'm inclined to
put that down to freshly booted systems and freshly loaded programs.

Nick

Re: Flippin' Mark

<t3to61$45a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9653&group=uk.rec.sheds#9653

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 09:14:56 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 08:14 UTC

On 22/04/2022 07:28, Nick Odell wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 02:31:06 +0100, RustyHinge
> <rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Wot 'appens if you ask Mark to mark a massage as 'unread'?
>>
>> Tried that. The title text goes bold, but the red circle with diagonal
>> (red) bar remains.
>>
>> Ater closing the (lid of the) box, all the threads starting with the
>> mark disappeared but so did the proliferation of 'mark asjunk'signs.
>
> From that last paragraph I'm guessing that you are sending the machine
> to sleep. How long since you last switched it off? I have no idea how
> resilient these OSes and programs are supposed to be: all I know is
> that, since I swap operating systems on this machine several times a
> day, I never seem to have the problems that you do and I'm inclined to
> put that down to freshly booted systems and freshly loaded programs.

I tend to start the box in the morning with a fresh boot and send it to
sleep throughout the day by closing the flaptop screen down when
'business' is exhausted then shut it down completely and switching off
the PSU before retiring.

I goove some of the prombles are due to deteriorating eyesight and
grbhoyr with fingers on the left hand due to a brace of strokes.

TAAAW facing the sauce of daylight (not delight) in the room (not rheum)
is not ideal or seeing the screen but especially when The Sun Has Got
His Hat On (TM) seeing the keyboard clearly. Facing in any other
direction is really not a practical option.

--
Rusty Hinge