Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Subject: OMG ! Another Titan death trap horror story, really ? Dead batteries,
comm failures, are you serious ??
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 16:48:44 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 20:48 UTC

Yep, dead serious.

Sudden loss of power 12k ft down obviously is not a pleasant prospect
,,, But they had a failsafe, right ?
Drop the ballast and "simply" bob up to the surface, right ?
Mission accomplished ! Right ?

Well, no.
One potential problem I can see here is the command to drop the ballast
almost has to be electrical as well, since a good old fashioned
mechanical connection would compromise whatever unknown integrity the
subs haul might have had. Mechanical connections require mechanical
links, and these would have to go from the haul, through it, and to
whatever hardware store hooks are holding the rusting scaffold used for
ballast.

In lieu of any known concrete facts, this is my top theory as of right now.
Total electrical failure with no backup, which also would explain the
lack of pings. Unable to jettison ballast means they are stuck on the
bottom, perhaps being roiled around by deep currents and miles away from
the drop zone as we speak - Or they could have been pushed right up to
the Titanic, with an all star view only no one alive to see it.

Does a total electrical failure also mean total and quick lack of oxygen
? Very well could be, they could have all been dead 20 minutes after
losing contact.

Perhaps the knocks they allegedly heard was the subs haul careening on
the bottom or scraping against the Titanic.

Only 2 other possibilities:

* Implosion caused by haul failure

* Trapped in Titanic wreckage, which also caused the total electrical
failure, which explains the lack of pings, and explains why they haven't
"simply" bobbed to the surface

```````````````

Sub-standard: Mexican actor shares how doomed Titan submersible's
batteries suddenly drained during 2022 trip to Titanic, forcing tour to
end early - with communications also blacking out for two hours

Alan Estrada was part of the crew aboard the Titan submersible that
made the voyage to the Titanic wreckage on July 3, 2022
He told of how the sub's battery suddenly began to drain just an
hour into a four hour Titanic site visit, forcing the mission to abort early
Estrada also confirmed that the Titan had been plagued by
communication issues

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12219589/Missing-Titans-sub-battery-suddenly-DRAINED-2022-Titanic-trip-cutting-expedition-short.html

Re: OMG ! Another Titan death trap horror story, really ? Dead batteries, comm failures, are you serious ??

<20230621221522.00000da0@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9677&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9677

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: OMG ! Another Titan death trap horror story, really ? Dead
batteries, comm failures, are you serious ??
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 22:15:22 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 21:15 UTC

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 16:48:44 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> One potential problem I can see here is the command to drop the
> ballast almost has to be electrical as well

What I'm hearing is dropping ballast involves the passengers and pilot moving to one side, tilting the craft, and the ballast rolls off the skids. Then over to the other side and repeat.

That's likely the reason they used scaffolding poles and drainage pipes to make that easier, ensure they roll off.

Presumably how to tilt the 10 ton vessel when on the seabed was covered in a pre-dive briefing.

Possibly before the one which covered why you should never trust a dodgy American company run by a dodgy American white guy who voted for Trump and got Boeing to design the hull.

Before the final "you are dead already, you just don't know it" briefing.

Re: OMG ! Another Titan death trap horror story, really ? Dead batteries, comm failures, are you serious ??

<tKOkM.20942$k4z1.16166@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9688&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9688

batteries, comm failures, are you serious ??
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 22:55:22 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 02:55 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 16:48:44 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> One potential problem I can see here is the command to drop the
>> ballast almost has to be electrical as well
>
> What I'm hearing

Doesn't matter what you hear, supply a link and STFU

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: OMG ! Another Titan death trap horror story, really ? Dead batteries, comm failures, are you serious ??