From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Coast Guards kicking tyres
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:40:32 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:40 UTC

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/private-rescue-groups-oceangate-titanic-tourist-sub/

<quotes>

Delay in authorising private groups equipped with state-of-the-art technology to aid in the search for the missing Titan submersible may have resulted in precious time lost.

Private rescue groups delayed by bureaucracy have been waiting since Monday to start search for Titanic tourist sub

While the US Coast Guard has been engaged in an intensive search, alongside British and French teams, allegations have arisen suggesting that the Coast Guard delayed seeking assistance from private groups until last night [Wednesday].

A source, close to the rescue mission, has criticised the leadership for what they consider "institutional arrogance, politics, and incompetence" in their failure to promptly authorize rescue teams.

Despite immediate offers of assistance from the search and rescue community upon learning about the missing sub, approval was allegedly hindered by unwarranted delays.

Hopes rest upon the Victor 6000 ROV, renowned for its capability to reach depths of 20,000 feet, which is being urgently dispatched to the search area.

If located, the Victor 6000 may affix a cable to the sub, enabling it to be hoisted to the surface with the aid of the Flyaway Deep Ocean Salvage System—an advanced winch that successfully retrieved a helicopter from a depth of 19,075 feet in 2021.

The US Navy-owned CURV-21, another ROV qualified for the required depth, has yet to be dispatched.

</quotes>

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-blasts-disturbing-reports-about-coast-guard-titanic-sub-1807967

<quotes>

Republican Representative Dan Crenshaw of Texas, a former Navy SEAL, said he has heard reports that U.S. Coast Guard officials are blocking or delaying a highly capable rescue vessel, known as the Magellan, from being deployed to the area where a submersible went missing Sunday on the way to the wreck of the Titanic.

"If true, this is deeply concerning," Crenshaw tweeted on Tuesday. "We should be doing everything in our power to help in this rescue effort and I've sent an official request for the Magellan to be deployed ASAP."

</quotes>

SNAFU and FUBAR instantly come to mind. This isn't just missed opportunity it's the USCG proactively blocking and rejecting opportunities, and the USCG have officially confirmed that themselves.

It's not clear how the USCG came to be in charge of the search and rescue operation. I would guess it's because it was thought they would be best equipped for the job, the most able to quickly get what was needed to the scene.

It hasn't turned out that way, is in fact entirely the opposite.

I don't think anyone expected the USCG to reject help and assistance which might have saved the passengers.

Some serious questions need to be asked.

Re: Coast Guards kicking tyres

<Ya2lM.8864$bv69.2487@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9725&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9725

Subject: Re: Coast Guards kicking tyres
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:29:45 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 20:29 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:

> Some serious questions need to be asked.

Yeah, like how come the UK did nothing to help ?

Re: Coast Guards kicking tyres

<20230623000413.000019eb@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9729&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9729

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 00:04:13 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 23:04 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:29:45 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> The Happy Hippy wrote:
>
> > Some serious questions need to be asked.
>

> Yeah, like how come the UK did nothing to help ?

Simply not true but there's no point in arguing with you because facts carry no weight in your wholly imaginary universe.

Re: Coast Guards kicking tyres

<kK4lM.72925$8fUf.26175@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9731&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9731

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 19:24:00 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 23:24 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:29:45 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> The Happy Hippy wrote:
>>
>>> Some serious questions need to be asked.
>>

>> Yeah, like how come the UK did nothing to help ?
>
> Simply not true but there's no point in arguing with you because facts carry no weight in your wholly imaginary universe.

Very true, else you'd name some.
I don't begrudge UK for doing nothing, I think men and equipment in UK
would have helped if they could have - FAIK search op was US, French and
Canadian.

Still think that the fear-mongering around catastrophic design flaws was
seemingly just that ?

Re: Coast Guards kicking tyres

<20230623003221.00003ba0@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9733&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9733

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 00:32:21 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 23:32 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 19:24:00 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> The Happy Hippy wrote:
> > On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:29:45 -0400
> > JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> >> Yeah, like how come the UK did nothing to help ?
> >
> > Simply not true but there's no point in arguing with you because
> > facts carry no weight in your wholly imaginary universe.
>
> Very true

You said it.

Re: Coast Guards kicking tyres

<U4alM.69544$8uge.10885@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9736&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9736

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 01:29:25 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 05:29 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 19:24:00 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> The Happy Hippy wrote:

>>> Simply not true but there's no point in arguing with you because
>>> facts carry no weight in your wholly imaginary universe.
>>
>> Very true
>
> You said it.

Yep, UK did nothing to help, sad but true.

You usually slam your own country, are you actually shamed and
embarrassed that even France upstaged you ?

Re: Coast Guards kicking tyres

<20230623112639.00003626@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9737&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9737

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 11:26:39 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 10:26 UTC

On Fri, 23 Jun 2023 01:29:25 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> The Happy Hippy wrote:
> > On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 19:24:00 -0400
> > JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> >> Very true
> >
> > You said it.
>
> Yep, UK did nothing to help, sad but true.
>
> You usually slam your own country, are you actually shamed and
> embarrassed that even France upstaged you ?

https://www.forces.net/services/navy/royal-navy-officer-join-search-missing-titan-submarine

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Coast Guards kicking tyres