You are in a maze of little twisting passages, all different.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?

SubjectAuthor
* Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?JeSSe
+- Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?JeSSe
+* Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?Loose Cannon
|`* Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?JeSSe
| +* Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?Loose Cannon
| |`- Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?JeSSe
| `- Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?The Happy Hippy
`* Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?The Happy Hippy
 `* Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?JeSSe
  `* Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?The Happy Hippy
   `* Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?JeSSe
    `* Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?The Happy Hippy
     `* Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?JeSSe
      `- Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?The Happy Hippy

1
Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?

<YaGkM.5327$7915.2720@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9660&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9660

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Subject: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 13:11:20 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 17:11 UTC

Outside of being greedy and lax on safety, I instinctively felt there
was a reason why this guy was a POS, and I may have found it.

Won't hire ex USN 50 year old white guys, is that right, because they
are boring and don't inspire ?
[Or maybe because 20 year olds have much more experience with xbox
remotes, and 20 years old aren't going to have the experience or nerve
to voice their concerns over the shoddy build of this improvised coffin] ?

So we'll see if this $$ motivated hot shot ever put his $$ where his
mouth was and hired any non white people under 40.

Titanic tour CEO Stockton Rush said he didn't hire '50-year-old white
guys' because they were NOT 'inspirational' - as footage emerges of him
boasting of previous 'invulnerable' sub designed to explore 'unsinkable'
Titanic

Stockton Rush, 61, the CEO of OceanGate Expeditions once said he
refused to hire '50-year-old white guys' because they are not
'inspirational'
In another interview, he insisted that his Cyclops submersible was
'invulnerable'
Rush is now missing onboard that vessel, which OceanGate refused to
put through independent testing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12219265/Stockton-Rush-said-didnt-hire-50-year-old-white-guys-NOT-inspirational.html

Here is one older white guy he should have listened to, but fired him
instead when he had the nerve to threaten his cash cow by raising legit
safety concerns

Ex-OceanGate employee warned 'experimental' mini sub needed MORE testing
or passengers could face 'potential extreme danger' before he was fired:
Also claimed window was not certified to dive to 13,123 ft where the
Titanic lies

Mr Lochridge raised concerns about Titan and the safety of
potential passengers

A former OceanGate employee raised concerns over the submersible that
has vanished on a mission to the Titanic's wreckage before he was fired,
a lawsuit has alleged.

David Lochridge, formerly OceanGate's director of marine operations for
the Titan project, wrote an engineering report in 2018 that said the
craft under development needed more testing and passengers may be
endangered when it reached 'extreme depths,' according to a lawsuit
filed that year in U.S. District Court in Seattle.

OceanGate sued Lochridge that year, accusing him of breaching a
non-disclosure agreement, and filed a counterclaim alleging that he was
wrongfully fired for raising questions about testing and safety

Lochridge's concerns revealed in the lawsuit primarily focused on the
company's decision to rely on sensitive acoustic monitoring - cracking
or popping sounds made by the hull under pressure - to detect flaws,
rather than a scan of the hull.

He said the company told him no equipment existed that could perform
such a test on the 5-inch-thick (12.7-centimeter-thick) carbon-fiber hull.

'This was problematic because this type of acoustic analysis would only
show when a component is about to fail, often milliseconds before an
implosion, and would not detect any existing flaws prior to putting
pressure on to the hull,' Lochridge's counterclaim said.

Further, the craft was designed to reach depths of 4,000 meters (13,123
feet). But, according to Lochridge, the passenger viewport was only
certified for depths of up to 1,300 meters (4,265 feet), and OceanGate
would not pay for the manufacturer to build a viewport certified for
4,000 meters.

OceanGate's choices would 'subject passengers to potential extreme
danger in an experimental submersible,' the counterclaim said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12218229/Ex-OceanGate-employee-repeatedly-warned-experimental-mini-sub-needed-testing.html

Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?

<kiGkM.10025$8fUf.9278@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9661&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9661

Subject: Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 13:19:12 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 17:19 UTC

JeSSe wrote:
> Outside of being greedy and lax on safety, I instinctively felt there
> was a reason why this guy was a POS, and I may have found it.
>
> Won't hire ex USN 50 year old white guys, is that right, because they
> are boring and don't inspire ?
> [Or maybe because 20 year olds have much more experience with xbox
> remotes, and 20 years old aren't going to have the experience or nerve
> to voice their concerns over the shoddy build of this improvised coffin] ?
>
> So we'll see if this $$ motivated hot shot ever put his $$ where his
> mouth was and hired any non white people under 40.

On reflection, most likely cause of his wokeness was ,, Wait for it ,,,, $$.

50 year old experienced white guys would eat into his profits too much,
far better for a vain soul like this to hire younger, inexperienced
people which would cost him just a fraction of an experienced white guy,
and who would not put forth any arguments or perspective to his "nothing
to see here !" edicts.

I suppose that means all experienced white males involved in searching
for his sorry ass should call it a day and go home ?

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall"

Just too bad he had to take 4 others with him.

Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?

<u6veq2$otj$34@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9665&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9665

From: efbreg...@gmx-xx.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 18:16:34 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (Poles against SPAMMING sub-human anti-Polish racist Andrew 'Andrzej' Baron)
 by: Loose Cannon - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 18:16 UTC

In article <YaGkM.5327$7915.2720@fx10.iad>, JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Outside of being greedy and lax on safety, I instinctively felt there
> was a reason why this guy was a POS, and I may have found it.
>
> Won't hire ex USN 50 year old white guys, is that right, because they
> are boring and don't inspire ?

Therein lies the problem, perhaps... he should have fired himself!

It's just amazing (and sad) how stupid some people are, and also, how
such racist drivel can be thrown around with impunity, as long as it's
against White people.

Very nice to see that TWP is back, he said he was not feeling well and
vanished for a long time. Hope all's OK!

Cheers, LC.

Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?

<IKIkM.1005$5kS8.796@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9666&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9666

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 16:06:00 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 20:06 UTC

Loose Cannon wrote:
> In article <YaGkM.5327$7915.2720@fx10.iad>, JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> Outside of being greedy and lax on safety, I instinctively felt there
>> was a reason why this guy was a POS, and I may have found it.
>>
>> Won't hire ex USN 50 year old white guys, is that right, because they
>> are boring and don't inspire ?
>
> Therein lies the problem, perhaps... he should have fired himself!
>
> It's just amazing (and sad) how stupid some people are, and also, how
> such racist drivel can be thrown around with impunity, as long as it's
> against White people.

Pretty disgusting to see these ultra hypocrite attitudes among shysters
like this, not only did he disqualify himself from his own company but I
wonder how many under 50 non white males he took down to visit the
Titanic at $250k each ?
ZERO would be the answer, only thing I can think of is perhaps some of
his investors were/are from the woke leftist crowd and were insisting on
some pretense of diversity.

Interesting how a tragedy can expose how rotten an onion really is as
layers are peeled back, I bet he made the obligatory donations to Black
Mansions Matter after the Bolshevik provoked summer or riots, death and
destruction.

> Very nice to see that TWP is back, he said he was not feeling well and
> vanished for a long time. Hope all's OK!
>
> Cheers, LC.

He practically came back from the dead, a victim of the chinese/fauci
lab infection

Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?

<20230621211954.00002459@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9668&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9668

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 21:19:54 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 20:19 UTC

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 13:11:20 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> I instinctively felt there was a reason why this guy was a POS

Obviously. No need for facts, evidence, or anything, or even knowing who he is.

No need for trials when bigots can feel it in their bones.

Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?

<u6voqg$aac$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9675&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9675

From: efbreg...@gmx-xx.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 21:07:28 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (Poles against SPAMMING sub-human anti-Polish racist Andrew 'Andrzej' Baron)
 by: Loose Cannon - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 21:07 UTC

Happy to hear about TWP's narrow escape! Hope he's doing well now.

I wonder about these "banging sounds" picked up by a plane!?

Or a sensor the plane dropped into the sea?

Sounds quite dubious, but in principle, if you have a few sensors,
you can try and pinpoint the source (as with a microphone array).
No time for that now, I'm afraid -- seems a miracle is the only
hope left.

Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?

<fPJkM.13082$Vpga.469@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9678&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9678

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 17:19:08 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 21:19 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:

> No need for facts, evidence, or anything,

Exactly - Your MO here since day 1, could not have said it better myself.

CEO of missing submersible outed as a pandering anti white white male
bigot to the point where he claims experienced white males would not be
hired by his rinky dink company, ostensibly because they lack
imagination - Your thoughts on hiring someone or not on the basis or
skin pigmentation ?
Especially in a field that is admittedly not exactly bursting with non
whites to chose from ?

Are you curious to see a company pic to see just how many non whites he
employs ?
Are you curious to find out if his self claimed anti white bias extends
to his customer base ?

Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?

<20230621230136.0000439c@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9682&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9682

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 23:01:36 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 22:01 UTC

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 17:19:08 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Your thoughts on hiring someone or not on the basis or
> skin pigmentation ?

I'm sure you'll fake whatever I write to read however you'd like it to read but the fact is he didn't.

Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?

<2IKkM.1162$o5e9.940@fx37.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9685&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9685

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 18:19:42 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 22:19 UTC

Nice ploy to duck, snowflake, but here is what he said:

"Stockton Rush, 61, the CEO of OceanGate Expeditions once said he
refused to hire '50-year-old white guys' because they are not
'inspirational'"

[Comment on video BTW]

Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?

<QhPkM.23052$Zq81.1016@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9690&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9690

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 23:33:04 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 03:33 UTC

Loose Cannon wrote:
> Happy to hear about TWP's narrow escape! Hope he's doing well now.
>
> I wonder about these "banging sounds" picked up by a plane!?
>
> Or a sensor the plane dropped into the sea?
>
> Sounds quite dubious, but in principle, if you have a few sensors,
> you can try and pinpoint the source (as with a microphone array).
> No time for that now, I'm afraid -- seems a miracle is the only
> hope left.

Well we have a banging sounds thread started by TWP today, I and most
anybody with a brain am of the opinion that they are highly inconclusive
and could be caused by a myriad of sources, hippy thinks this is stone
cold, iron clad proof they are still alive, shame on the USN for taking
so long to find and rescue them, and shame on anyone who thought perhaps
the finely crafted sub may have imploded.

I pointed out that it would be a very simple matter for a guy trapped in
a sub who has been in the military especially to tap out H-E-L-P in
morris code or prisoner tap code instead of random bangs ,, Now that
would be iron clad proof they are [were] alive, hippy strangely started
to rant about that too, so as usual there is no agreement at all
[something you are no doubt used to, haven't browsed the festering sci
cesspool in months].

Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?

<20230622125059.00007b6d@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9695&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9695

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 12:50:59 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 11:50 UTC

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 18:19:42 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> The Happy Hippy wrote:
> > On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 17:19:08 -0400
> > JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Your thoughts on hiring someone or not on the basis or
> >> skin pigmentation ?
> >
> > I'm sure you'll fake whatever I write to read however you'd like it
> > to read but the fact is he didn't.
> Nice ploy to duck, snowflake, but here is what he said:
>
> "Stockton Rush, 61, the CEO of OceanGate Expeditions once said he
> refused to hire '50-year-old white guys' because they are not
> 'inspirational'"

What he actually said -

https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/oceangate-ceo-explains-why-he-didnt-want-hire-50-year-old-white-guys-pilot-subs

<quote>

"When I started the business, one of the things you'll find, there are other sub operators out there, but they typically have gentlemen who are ex-military submariners, and you'll see a whole bunch of 50-year-old White guys," Rush told Teledyne Marine in a 2020 Zoom interview.

"I wanted our team to be younger, to be inspirational, and I'm not going to inspire a 16-year-old to go pursue marine technology, but a 25-year-old, you know, who's a sub pilot or a platform operator or one of our techs can be inspirational," Rush said. "So we've really tried to get very intelligent, motivated, younger individuals involved because we're doing things that are completely new."

</quote>

There is nothing in that where he says he wouldn't hire "50-year-old White guys".

And, even if he does discriminate, it's on age, on ability to inspire, not on skin colour. In fact most of his staff are white.

And one can also say the others are discriminating more so in favouring "50-year-old White guys" over black and younger people.

I don't like ageism but OceanGate is no worse than every other company which discriminates against older experienced people, pushes them out in favour of younger, cheaper, employees.

Only propagandist scum are trying to turn this tragedy into an anti-white racist issue.

Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?

<20230622165335.0000107e@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9698&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9698

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:53:35 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 15:53 UTC

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 16:06:00 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Interesting how a tragedy can expose how rotten an onion really is as
> layers are peeled back, I bet he made the obligatory donations to
> Black Mansions Matter after the Bolshevik provoked summer or riots,
> death and destruction.

Just more of your demonising made-up shit.

FEC filings are a matter of public record and shows he donated to Republican causes, Republicans who are not categorised as RINO by conservative groups who assess such things.

Other donation and funding trackers show similar.

You are propagandist scum who is simply trying to invent a negative narrative about Rush and his company.

Fox News slammed The New Republic for highlighting Rush's history political donations to Republicans. At least that reporting was accurate while all you have is invented made up shit and outright lies.

But that's the story of your life.

Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?

<1%%kM.15382$VKY6.10139@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9709&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9709

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 14:00:29 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:00 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 18:19:42 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> The Happy Hippy wrote:

>>> I'm sure you'll fake whatever I write to read however you'd like it
>>> to read but the fact is he didn't.
>> Nice ploy to duck, snowflake, but here is what he said:
>>
>> "Stockton Rush, 61, the CEO of OceanGate Expeditions once said he
>> refused to hire '50-year-old white guys' because they are not
>> 'inspirational'"
>
> What he actually said -
>
> https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/oceangate-ceo-explains-why-he-didnt-want-hire-50-year-old-white-guys-pilot-subs
>
> <quote>
>
> "When I started the business, one of the things you'll find, there are other sub operators out there, but they typically have gentlemen who are ex-military submariners, and you'll see a whole bunch of 50-year-old White guys," Rush told Teledyne Marine in a 2020 Zoom interview.
>
> "I wanted our team to be younger, to be inspirational, and I'm not going to inspire a 16-year-old to go pursue marine technology, but a 25-year-old, you know, who's a sub pilot or a platform operator or one of our techs can be inspirational," Rush said. "So we've really tried to get very intelligent, motivated, younger individuals involved because we're doing things that are completely new."
>
> </quote>
>
> There is nothing in that where he says he wouldn't hire "50-year-old White guys".

Gullible idiot to the end you are.

He is the one who injected race into the matter, he could have simply
said "50 year old guys" but he didn't.
As is predictable and obvious, there are no blacks in deep sea marine
technology, probably very few if any mexicans or asians. Of course most
are going to be ex military older white guys WITH LOTS OF EXPERIENCE who
would have no problem challenging this mavericks half assed style, just
like the 50 year old white guy he fired and sued for having the nerve to
tell him the improvised death trap was not safe and needed to be tested

Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?

<20230622192037.00002683@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9712&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9712

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 19:20:37 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:20 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 14:00:29 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> He is the one who injected race into the matter, he could have simply
> said "50 year old guys" but he didn't.

Doesn't make him a racist but cool story bro.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: Oceangate CEO a woke wingnut ?