Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous. -- Confucius

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: Sonar expert says underwater 'banging' heard by Coast Guard at sub search site is 'debris falling from the decaying wreck'

SubjectAuthor
* Sonar expert says underwater 'banging' heard by Coast Guard at subJeSSe
`* Re: Sonar expert says underwater 'banging' heard by Coast Guard atThe Happy Hippy

1
Sonar expert says underwater 'banging' heard by Coast Guard at sub search site is 'debris falling from the decaying wreck'

<eROkM.2369$JLp4.650@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9689&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9689

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Subject: Sonar expert says underwater 'banging' heard by Coast Guard at sub
search site is 'debris falling from the decaying wreck'
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 23:02:34 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 03:02 UTC

Lest it is forgotten in a wingnut whirlwind of bullshit, this is what
hippy happily had to say about reported banging sounds:

"Which at least means they were still alive and the fear-mongering
around catastrophic design flaws was seemingly just that."

Wow, doesn't take much to convince him, does it ?

On the other hand, this was my response:

"No one has the faintest idea if these alleged sounds are being made by
humans trapped in a coffin, something else, or a figment of someones
imagination. They may or may not be emanating from the stricken sub,
they may or may not be even caused by humans or any life form."

Sonar expert agrees with me, jury still out on this one.

````````````````````````

Sonar expert says underwater 'banging' heard by Coast Guard at sub
search site is 'debris falling from the decaying wreck' - and proof of
life of Titanic Five is 'wishful thinking'

Professor Jeff Karson warns that sonar will bounce off debris -
causing confusion
'Banging' heard has been a glimmer of hope for the multinational
search effort

A sonar expert claims the 'banging' heard by search and rescue vessels
at the search site for the missing Titanic tourist sub is likely to be
'debris' and 'junk' from the iconic wreck.

Jeff Karson, Professor Emeritus of Earth and Environmental Sciences at
Syracuse University, told DailyMail.com the sounds heard are likely to
be 'wishful thinking' by the Coast Guard.

'One possibility is that the sounds bouncing around the debris. And so
it's a more complicated echo.

'It's just not bouncing off of one thing. It's bouncing off a bunch of
things. And it's like, you know, dropping up a marble into a tin can.
It's rattling around and that would confuse the location.

'The banging, I hear the Coast Guard talk about it. I wonder how much of
this is just wishful thinking?

'Is it really banging or just some unidentified sound? I think that is a
more accurate description right now.

'In past investigations, looking for loss objects on the seafloor, I
know that all sorts of crazy sound was discovered. It's just one more
thing we don't understand about the ocean, our own planet.

'There's no telling where the sound is coming from or how far away it
is. Personally, I'm worried that sound may be coming from something
that's far from the where they need to be looking.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12220611/Sonar-expert-says-banging-heard-sub-search-site-debris-falling-decaying-wreck.html

Re: Sonar expert says underwater 'banging' heard by Coast Guard at sub search site is 'debris falling from the decaying wreck'

<20230622120038.00003e7d@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9692&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9692

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Sonar expert says underwater 'banging' heard by Coast Guard at
sub search site is 'debris falling from the decaying wreck'
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 12:00:38 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 11:00 UTC

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 23:02:34 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Lest it is forgotten in a wingnut whirlwind of bullshit, this is what
> hippy happily had to say about reported banging sounds:
>
> "Which at least means they were still alive and the fear-mongering
> around catastrophic design flaws was seemingly just that."
>
> Wow, doesn't take much to convince him, does it ?
>
> On the other hand, this was my response:
>
> "No one has the faintest idea if these alleged sounds are being made
> by humans trapped in a coffin, something else, or a figment of
> someones imagination. They may or may not be emanating from the
> stricken sub, they may or may not be even caused by humans or any
> life form."
>
> Sonar expert agrees with me, jury still out on this one.

The protocol is to bang for three minutes every half hour, ideally on the hour and half hour.

That is what it was believed the USCG were reporting, "banging" which matching that protocol, provided for 'proof of life', which wasn't just random noises they had picked up.

It wasn't just me who believed the USCG were reporting 'proof of life'.

Any blame for misinterpretation falls on the USCG for their lack of clarity in whatever it was they were actually reporting.

Re: Sonar expert says underwater 'banging' heard by Coast Guard at sub search site is 'debris falling from the decaying wreck'

<20230622122828.00002170@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9694&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9694

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
sub search site is 'debris falling from the decaying wreck'
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 12:28:28 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 11:28 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 12:00:38 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 23:02:34 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
> > Lest it is forgotten in a wingnut whirlwind of bullshit, this is
> > what hippy happily had to say about reported banging sounds:
> >
> > "Which at least means they were still alive and the fear-mongering
> > around catastrophic design flaws was seemingly just that."
> >
> > Wow, doesn't take much to convince him, does it ?
> >
> > On the other hand, this was my response:
> >
> > "No one has the faintest idea if these alleged sounds are being made
> > by humans trapped in a coffin, something else, or a figment of
> > someones imagination. They may or may not be emanating from the
> > stricken sub, they may or may not be even caused by humans or any
> > life form."
> >
> > Sonar expert agrees with me, jury still out on this one.
>
> The protocol is to bang for three minutes every half hour, ideally on
> the hour and half hour.
>
> That is what it was believed the USCG were reporting, "banging" which
> matching that protocol, provided for 'proof of life', which wasn't
> just random noises they had picked up.
>
> It wasn't just me who believed the USCG were reporting 'proof of
> life'.
>
> Any blame for misinterpretation falls on the USCG for their lack of
> clarity in whatever it was they were actually reporting.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/titanic-submarine-missing-magellan-search-b2361519.html

<quotes>

Reports from the US Coast Guard that a Canadian aircraft searching for the submarine detected intermittent "banging" noises from the vicinity of its last known location.

The crew heard banging sounds every 30 minutes on Tuesday and again on Wednesday after additional sonar devices were deployed.

However, the US Coast Guard clarified that they "don’t know the source of the noise".

</quotes>

Most people would accept that banging consistent with the protocol for signalling 'proof of life' is more likely 'proof of life' than just random noise.

While it may not be 'proof of life', the odds of random noises matching the protocol exactly would be extremely low.

That's one of the reasons the protocol is what it is.

One suggestion is USCG knows they haven't got the equipment needed to facilitate a rescue so are deliberately down-playing the 'proof of life' angle because there will be awkward questions as to why they haven't enlisted the help of those who could have rescued the passengers, have rejected help offered which might have saved them.

It's possible the USCG knows they fucked up or are incompetent, were hoping the passengers were dead and that would be swept under the carpet. Their being alive would throw a spanner in the works, would draw attention to the delays and rejection of assistance the USCG are responsible for.

It wouldn't surprise me to see "USCG killed Titan passengers" headlines in the coming days. It sure looks that way, at least "condemned them to death".

Re: Sonar expert says underwater 'banging' heard by Coast Guard at sub search site is 'debris falling from the decaying wreck'

<20230622181052.0000423f@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9703&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9703

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
sub search site is 'debris falling from the decaying wreck'
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:10:52 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:10 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 12:28:28 +0100
> [...]

> matching the protocol exactly would be extremely low.
>
> That's one of the reasons the protocol is what it is.
>
> One suggestion is USCG knows they haven't got the equipment needed to
> facilitate a rescue so are deliberately down-playing the 'proof of
> life' angle because there will be awkward questions as to why they
> haven't enlisted the help of those who could have rescued the
> passengers, have rejected help offered which might have saved them.
>
> It's possible the USCG knows they fucked up or are incompetent, were
> hoping the passengers were dead and that would be swept under the
> carpet. Their being alive would throw a spanner in the works, would
> draw attention to the delays and rejection of assistance the USCG are
> responsible for.
>
> It wouldn't surprise me to see "USCG killed Titan passengers"
> headlines in the coming days. It sure looks that way, at least

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/missing-submarine-search-live-oxygen-27173955

<quotes>

Deep-sea explorer Dr David Gallo said: "In this case, the noises are repetitive, every half hour I believe.

"Three different aircraft heard them in their sensors at the same time and it went on for two days-plus.

"It's still going on apparently. There's not a lot in the natural world we can think of that would do that every 30-minute cycle.

"We have to, at this point, assume that that's the submarine and move quickly to that spot, locate it and get robots down there to verify that is where the submarine is."

</quotes>

No, no, no, dear doctor - That may be what shyster wingnuts believe, and you may consider yourself an expert, but Jessie says you are wrong, calls it a whirlwind of bullshit, says that it could be anything.

Re: Sonar expert says underwater 'banging' heard by Coast Guard at sub search site is 'debris falling from the decaying wreck'

<fQ%kM.28941$k4z1.6545@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9707&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9707

sub search site is 'debris falling from the decaying wreck'
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 13:49:00 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:49 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 23:02:34 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> Lest it is forgotten in a wingnut whirlwind of bullshit, this is what
>> hippy happily had to say about reported banging sounds:
>>
>> "Which at least means they were still alive and the fear-mongering
>> around catastrophic design flaws was seemingly just that."
>>
>> Wow, doesn't take much to convince him, does it ?
>>
>> On the other hand, this was my response:
>>
>> "No one has the faintest idea if these alleged sounds are being made
>> by humans trapped in a coffin, something else, or a figment of
>> someones imagination. They may or may not be emanating from the
>> stricken sub, they may or may not be even caused by humans or any
>> life form."
>>
>> Sonar expert agrees with me, jury still out on this one.
>
> The protocol is to bang for three minutes every half hour,

Oh yeah, I'm sure 5 guys trapped 13k ft down are going to have their
timers set and be very punctual following protocol. Fuck no they
wouldn't, they would be banging out "HELP PORT SIDE TITANIC" over and over.

You were wrong, I was right [as usual] The "banging" which you swallowed
hook, line and sinker, was nothing of the sort, was not them, was not
even human, they had been long since perished.

I can see how families, friends and the "lets pray for a miracle" crowd
could swallow the alleged banging as some form of hope - But you are
just an agenda motivated troll looking to absolve your most recent love
interest of any blame.

"at least it means they were still alive and the fear-mongering around
catastrophic design flaws was seemingly just that" MY ASS, if you were
half a man you would admit how criminally gullible you are, and admit I
was right and you were wrong.

But no, looks like your most recent tangent is to blame the coast guard
for this woke idiots criminal negligence that resulted in the loss of 4
innocent lives.

Re: Sonar expert says underwater 'banging' heard by Coast Guard at sub search site is 'debris falling from the decaying wreck'

<xT%kM.4487$1CTd.885@fx03.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9708&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9708

sub search site is 'debris falling from the decaying wreck'
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 13:52:30 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:52 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:

> but Jessie says you are wrong, calls it a whirlwind of bullshit, says that it could be anything.

And guess what - JeSSe was RIGHT

And you already had your tshirts printed out didn't you, now you can
shove them straight up your ass

Re: Sonar expert says underwater 'banging' heard by Coast Guard at sub search site is 'debris falling from the decaying wreck'

<20230622190717.00004705@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9711&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9711

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
sub search site is 'debris falling from the decaying wreck'
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 19:07:17 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:07 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 13:49:00 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> > The protocol is to bang for three minutes every half hour,
>
> Oh yeah, I'm sure 5 guys trapped 13k ft down are going to have their
> timers set and be very punctual following protocol. Fuck no they
> wouldn't, they would be banging out "HELP PORT SIDE TITANIC" over and
> over.

Cool story bro.

Re: Sonar expert says underwater 'banging' heard by Coast Guard at sub search site is 'debris falling from the decaying wreck'

<20230622195029.00002b9f@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9717&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9717

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
sub search site is 'debris falling from the decaying wreck'
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 19:50:29 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:50 UTC

JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> > The protocol is to bang for three minutes every half hour,
>
> Oh yeah, I'm sure 5 guys trapped 13k ft down are going to have their
> timers set and be very punctual following protocol. Fuck no they
> wouldn't, they would be banging out "HELP PORT SIDE TITANIC" over and
> over.

Cool story bro.