There is no time like the present for postponing what you ought to be doing.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: NO STATUE FOR THIS GIRL

SubjectAuthor
* West of England Combined Authority has invested £92swldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedJNugent
+* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedswldx...@gmail.com
> [...]
|      `- Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedSpike
+* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedSpike
| +- Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedSpike
| `* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedJNugent
|  `- Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedSpike
+- Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedswldx...@gmail.com
|+* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedJNugent
||`* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedSpike
|| `- Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedJNugent
|`* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedSpike
| `- Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedJNugent

Pages:123
West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<7a338f7c-f9bd-4954-8535-be88ab192430n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9594&group=uk.rec.cycling#9594

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 05:24:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: West_of_England_Combined_Authority_has_invested_£92
0,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 12 May 2022 12:24 UTC

The West of England Combined Authority has launched a year long trial that will see e-cargo bikes used for deliveries instead of vans by a number of local institutions. Bristol Royal Infirmary (BRI), The University of the West of England and Bath Spa University are among those taking part in the Sustainable Urban Freight Project.

The West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in the scheme, which will run from June 2022 to June 2023.

“If we are going to reach our ambitious net zero targets, we urgently need to put on the brakes and re-evaluate how goods move across our region,” said Metro Mayor Dan Norris. “I’ve spoken to many smaller businesses who sing the praises of electric bikes, but getting these larger organisations to sign up is a significant step.

“I’m proud that the West of England Combined Authority under my leadership is helping ensure polluting diesel vans are a thing of the past. From groceries to medical supplies, e-cargo bikes can help cut congestion and clean up our toxic air. That’s a win-win for our region.”

Research often shows that e-cargo bikes are not just more environmentally friendly than vans, they’re quicker too.

It’s not just that they can often take more direct routes and filter past urban traffic, they’re a good deal easier to park too.

Paul Griffiths, who is taking part in the BRI trial, highlighted this when speaking to the BBC.

"We're going to be transporting all devices, laptops, desktops, printers and screens and some medical supplies and notes,” he said. "The parking with these is ten times easier than the massive vans and we can use bus lanes which is much quicker as well."

BRI is not the first hospital to embrace the advantages of e-cargo bikes. Last year we reported how medication delivery times to Oxford NHS sites have been halved by making a similar switch.

The change is also saving an estimated 10 tonnes of carbon emissions per year.

https://ebiketips.road.cc/content/news/hospitals-and-universities-in-bristol-and-bath-to-trial-e-cargo-bike-deliveries-3765

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo fairy-bikes

<je4eieFqgraU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9597&group=uk.rec.cycling#9597

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_West_of_England_Combined_Authority_has_invested_
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_fairy-bikes
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 13:57:49 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 12 May 2022 12:57 UTC

> The West of England Combined Authority has launched a year long trial that will see e-cargo fairy-bikes used for deliveries instead of vans by a number of local institutions. Bristol Royal Infirmary (BRI), The University of the West of England and Bath Spa University are among those taking part in the Sustainable Urban Freight Project.
>
> The West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in the scheme, which will run from June 2022 to June 2023.
>
> “If we are going to reach our ambitious net zero targets, we urgently need to put on the brakes and re-evaluate how goods move across our region,” said Metro Mayor Dan Norris. “I’ve spoken to many smaller businesses who sing the praises of electric fairy-bikes, but getting these larger organisations to sign up is a significant step.
>
> “I’m proud that the West of England Combined Authority under my leadership is helping ensure polluting diesel vans are a thing of the past. From groceries to medical supplies, e-cargo fairy-bikes can help cut congestion and clean up our toxic air. That’s a win-win for our region.”
>
> Research often shows that e-cargo fairy-bikes are not just more environmentally friendly than vans, they’re quicker too.
>
> It’s not just that they can often take more direct routes and filter past urban traffic, they’re a good deal easier to park too.
>
> Paul Griffiths, who is taking part in the BRI trial, highlighted this when speaking to the BBC.
>
> "We're going to be transporting all devices, laptops, desktops, printers and screens and some medical supplies and notes,” he said. "The parking with these is ten times easier than the massive vans and we can use bus lanes which is much quicker as well."
>
> BRI is not the first hospital to embrace the advantages of e-cargo fairy-bikes. Last year we reported how medication delivery times to Oxford NHS sites have been halved by making a similar switch.
>
> The change is also saving an estimated 10 tonnes of carbon emissions per year.
>
> https://ebiketips.road.cc/content/news/hospitals-and-universities-in-bristol-and-bath-to-trial-e-cargo-bike-deliveries-3765

An interesting use of Alternative English.

For instance, by mis-spelling the word "wasted" as "invested".

This will be a waste of money. Guaranteed.

There is nobody reading this who even starts to believe otherwise.

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<fc02ff84-112a-483d-bab5-9a388d7c81a0n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9601&group=uk.rec.cycling#9601

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 08:48:11 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 12 May 2022 15:48 UTC

> "We're going to be transporting all devices, laptops, desktops, printers and screens and some medical supplies and notes,” he said. "The parking with these is ten times easier than the massive vans and we can use bus lanes which is much quicker as well."

Off course, vans are banned from using bus lanes which is a major hindrance to their timekeeping abilities.
Win - win.

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo fairy-bikes

<je5bmnF1aqqU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9611&group=uk.rec.cycling#9611

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_fairy-bikes
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 22:15:04 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 12 May 2022 21:15 UTC

>> "We're going to be transporting all devices, laptops, desktops, printers and screens and some medical supplies and notes,” he said. "The parking with these is ten times easier than the massive vans and we can use bus lanes which is much quicker as well."
>
> Off course, vans are banned from using bus lanes which is a major hindrance to their timekeeping abilities.

They don't have to be.

That's a political choice.

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo fairy-bikes

<107e23c7-940b-46ba-85fc-3c45e3592959n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9612&group=uk.rec.cycling#9612

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 19:02:28 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_fairy-bikes
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Fri, 13 May 2022 02:02 UTC

On Thursday, 12 May 2022 at 13:57:53 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
> On 12/05/2022 01:24 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > The West of England Combined Authority has launched a year long trial that will see e-cargo fairy-bikes used for deliveries instead of vans by a number of local institutions. Bristol Royal Infirmary (BRI), The University of the West of England and Bath Spa University are among those taking part in the Sustainable Urban Freight Project.
> >
> > The West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in the scheme, which will run from June 2022 to June 2023.
> >
> > “If we are going to reach our ambitious net zero targets, we urgently need to put on the brakes and re-evaluate how goods move across our region,” said Metro Mayor Dan Norris. “I’ve spoken to many smaller businesses who sing the praises of electric fairy-bikes, but getting these larger organisations to sign up is a significant step.
> >
> > “I’m proud that the West of England Combined Authority under my leadership is helping ensure polluting diesel vans are a thing of the past. From groceries to medical supplies, e-cargo fairy-bikes can help cut congestion and clean up our toxic air. That’s a win-win for our region.”
> >
> > Research often shows that e-cargo fairy-bikes are not just more environmentally friendly than vans, they’re quicker too.
> >
> > It’s not just that they can often take more direct routes and filter past urban traffic, they’re a good deal easier to park too.
> >
> > Paul Griffiths, who is taking part in the BRI trial, highlighted this when speaking to the BBC.
> >
> > "We're going to be transporting all devices, laptops, desktops, printers and screens and some medical supplies and notes,” he said. "The parking with these is ten times easier than the massive vans and we can use bus lanes which is much quicker as well."
> >
> > BRI is not the first hospital to embrace the advantages of e-cargo fairy-bikes. Last year we reported how medication delivery times to Oxford NHS sites have been halved by making a similar switch.
> >
> > The change is also saving an estimated 10 tonnes of carbon emissions per year.
> >
> > https://ebiketips.road.cc/content/news/hospitals-and-universities-in-bristol-and-bath-to-trial-e-cargo-bike-deliveries-3765
> An interesting use of Alternative English.
>
> For instance, by mis-spelling the word "wasted" as "invested".
>
> This will be a waste of money. Guaranteed.
>
> There is nobody reading this who even starts to believe otherwise.

I have to agree, it's just political correctness. Just like the electric mini busses in Birkenhead. When the money ran out they vanished because they were useless.

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo fairy-bikes

<je6tedFa6r5U3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9629&group=uk.rec.cycling#9629

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_fairy-bikes
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 12:23:58 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 13 May 2022 11:23 UTC

On 13/05/2022 03:02 am, Mike Collins wrote:

> On Thursday, 12 May 2022 at 13:57:53 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
>> On 12/05/2022 01:24 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>> The West of England Combined Authority has launched a year long trial that will see e-cargo fairy-bikes used for deliveries instead of vans by a number of local institutions. Bristol Royal Infirmary (BRI), The University of the West of England and Bath Spa University are among those taking part in the Sustainable Urban Freight Project.
>>> The West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in the scheme, which will run from June 2022 to June 2023.
>>> “If we are going to reach our ambitious net zero targets, we urgently need to put on the brakes and re-evaluate how goods move across our region,” said Metro Mayor Dan Norris. “I’ve spoken to many smaller businesses who sing the praises of electric fairy-bikes, but getting these larger organisations to sign up is a significant step.
>>> “I’m proud that the West of England Combined Authority under my leadership is helping ensure polluting diesel vans are a thing of the past. From groceries to medical supplies, e-cargo fairy-bikes can help cut congestion and clean up our toxic air. That’s a win-win for our region.”
>>> Research often shows that e-cargo fairy-bikes are not just more environmentally friendly than vans, they’re quicker too.
>>> It’s not just that they can often take more direct routes and filter past urban traffic, they’re a good deal easier to park too.
>>> Paul Griffiths, who is taking part in the BRI trial, highlighted this when speaking to the BBC.
>>> "We're going to be transporting all devices, laptops, desktops, printers and screens and some medical supplies and notes,” he said. "The parking with these is ten times easier than the massive vans and we can use bus lanes which is much quicker as well."
>>> BRI is not the first hospital to embrace the advantages of e-cargo fairy-bikes. Last year we reported how medication delivery times to Oxford NHS sites have been halved by making a similar switch.
>>> The change is also saving an estimated 10 tonnes of carbon emissions per year.
>>> https://ebiketips.road.cc/content/news/hospitals-and-universities-in-bristol-and-bath-to-trial-e-cargo-bike-deliveries-3765

>> An interesting use of Alternative English.
>> For instance, by mis-spelling the word "wasted" as "invested".
>> This will be a waste of money. Guaranteed.
>> There is nobody reading this who even starts to believe otherwise.
>
> I have to agree, it's just political correctness. Just like the electric mini busses in Birkenhead. When the money ran out they vanished because they were useless.

Well said.

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<acf06a11-d4d3-4614-81a6-d0ee09df6eaen@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9634&group=uk.rec.cycling#9634

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 06:53:46 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 13 May 2022 13:53 UTC

> BRI is not the first hospital to embrace the advantages of e-cargo bikes. Last year we reported how medication delivery times to Oxford NHS sites have been halved by making a similar switch.

Of course the bikes are twice as fast as they can use bus lanes and they don't get stuck in traffic.
DUH.

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<je9538Fn6n2U3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9661&group=uk.rec.cycling#9661

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 07:46:52 +0000
 by: Spike - Sat, 14 May 2022 07:46 UTC

On 13/05/2022 13:53, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> BRI is not the first hospital to embrace the advantages of e-cargo bikes. Last year we reported how medication delivery times to Oxford NHS sites have been halved by making a similar switch.

> Of course the bikes are twice as fast as they can use bus lanes and they don't get stuck in traffic.
> DUH.

Of course, and for the dim-witted, if politicians decided there were to
be 'van lanes', they'd get to their destinations more quickly!

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<f5bbd9b5-e086-44d6-9e6b-3ac4c13a8e5bn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9674&group=uk.rec.cycling#9674

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 02:39:09 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 14 May 2022 09:39 UTC

> “I’m proud that the West of England Combined Authority under my leadership is helping ensure polluting diesel vans are a thing of the past.

That's great news for the poor people being killed by toxic vehicle fumes.

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<je9hkeFpqrkU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9686&group=uk.rec.cycling#9686

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 11:20:49 +0000
 by: Spike - Sat, 14 May 2022 11:20 UTC

On 14/05/2022 09:39, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> “I’m proud that the West of England Combined Authority under my leadership is helping ensure polluting diesel vans are a thing of the past.

> That's great news for the poor people being killed by toxic vehicle fumes.

That's appalling news for the poor people, who are forced to pay for
other people's hobby-horses.

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<e9f83b48-0aa1-4e8c-9f28-c9a85af4b3a7n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9693&group=uk.rec.cycling#9693

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 07:12:11 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 14 May 2022 14:12 UTC

On Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 10:39:10 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> > “I’m proud that the West of England Combined Authority under my leadership is helping ensure polluting diesel vans are a thing of the past.
> That's great news for the poor people being killed by toxic vehicle fumes..

Too late for this poor girl though. :-(
Killed by toxic vehicle fumes.
BASTARDS.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6620993/Lewisham-girl-nine-died-toxic-fumes-Londons-streets-mother-fights-against-pollution.html

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<je9umdFsa50U2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9704&group=uk.rec.cycling#9704

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 15:03:45 +0000
 by: Spike - Sat, 14 May 2022 15:03 UTC

On 14/05/2022 14:12, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 10:39:10 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> “I’m proud that the West of England Combined Authority under my leadership is helping ensure polluting diesel vans are a thing of the past.
>> That's great news for the poor people being killed by toxic vehicle fumes.

> Too late for this poor girl though. :-(
> Killed by toxic vehicle fumes.

> BASTARDS.

> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6620993/Lewisham-girl-nine-died-toxic-fumes-Londons-streets-mother-fights-against-pollution.html

Lots more died in the London smog of 1952.

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<72c6aedf-803c-419c-a092-5d33b5d7314cn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9708&group=uk.rec.cycling#9708

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 09:14:48 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 14 May 2022 16:14 UTC

On Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 3:12:12 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 10:39:10 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > >
> > > “I’m proud that the West of England Combined Authority under my leadership is helping ensure polluting diesel vans are a thing of the past.
> > That's great news for the poor people being killed by toxic vehicle fumes.
> Too late for this poor girl though. :-(
> Killed by toxic vehicle fumes.
> BASTARDS.

A statue to the toxic effects of killer motor vehicles.

She became the first person in the UK to have air pollution listed as a cause of death after a coroner ruled it had “made a material contribution” to her death. Her mother Rosamund Adoo Kissi-Debrah wants the statue to “serve as a reminder to people about the detrimental impact of air pollution.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/ella-adoo-kissi-debrah-air-pollution-statue-fundraiser-lewisham-b982671.html

NO STATUE FOR THIS GIRL

<jebqu6F8mq4U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9725&group=uk.rec.cycling#9725

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: NO STATUE FOR THIS GIRL
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 08:11:54 +0000
 by: Spike - Sun, 15 May 2022 08:11 UTC

On 14/05/2022 16:14, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 3:12:12 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 10:39:10 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> That's great news for the poor people being killed by toxic vehicle fumes.
>> Too late for this poor girl though. :-(
>> Killed by toxic vehicle fumes.
>> BASTARDS.

> A statue to the toxic effects of killer motor vehicles.

> She became the first person in the UK to have air pollution listed as a cause of death after a coroner ruled it had “made a material contribution” to her death. Her mother Rosamund Adoo Kissi-Debrah wants the statue to “serve as a reminder to people about the detrimental impact of air pollution
> https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/ella-adoo-kissi-debrah-air-pollution-statue-fundraiser-lewisham-b982671.html

<https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-12816829>

Rhiannon Bennett, 17, was walking with friends when she was hit by
cyclist Jason Howard on 2 April 2007.

Howard was convicted of "dangerous cycling" and fined. Under the charge
there was no penalty of imprisonment.

During Howard's trial in August 2008, Aylesbury magistrates heard he had
shouted at Rhiannon to "move because I'm not stopping", before crashing
into her.
'National outcry'

She died from head injuries six days later.

[Insert suitable epithet here]

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<7afac824-28fd-4fff-baa5-e5a5077ce1f0n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9732&group=uk.rec.cycling#9732

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 03:25:22 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 15 May 2022 10:25 UTC

On Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 5:14:49 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > That's great news for the poor people being killed by toxic vehicle fumes.
> > Too late for this poor girl though. :-(
> > Killed by toxic vehicle fumes.
> > BASTARDS.
> A statue to the toxic effects of killer motor vehicles.

Here is a statue of the poor victim of toxic vehicle fumes.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSystZAWIAI4O0D?format=jpg&name=small

Re: NO STATUE FOR THIS GIRL

<jec7pcFb07fU4@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9739&group=uk.rec.cycling#9739

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: NO STATUE FOR THIS GIRL
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 12:51:09 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 15 May 2022 11:51 UTC

On 15/05/2022 09:11 am, Spike wrote:

> On 14/05/2022 16:14, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Too late for this poor girl though. :-(
>>> Killed by toxic vehicle fumes.
>>> BASTARDS.
>
>> A statue to the toxic effects of killer motor vehicles.
>
>> She became the first person in the UK to have air pollution listed as a cause of death after a coroner ruled it had “made a material contribution” to her death. Her mother Rosamund Adoo Kissi-Debrah wants the statue to “serve as a reminder to people about the detrimental impact of air pollution
>> https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/ella-adoo-kissi-debrah-air-pollution-statue-fundraiser-lewisham-b982671.html
>
> <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-12816829>
>
> Rhiannon Bennett, 17, was walking with friends when she was hit by
> cyclist Jason Howard on 2 April 2007.
>
> Howard was convicted of "dangerous cycling" and fined. Under the charge
> there was no penalty of imprisonment.
>
> During Howard's trial in August 2008, Aylesbury magistrates heard he had
> shouted at Rhiannon to "move because I'm not stopping", before crashing
> into her.
> 'National outcry'
>
> She died from head injuries six days later.
>
> [Insert suitable epithet here]

In this neck of the woods, and from the usual suspects, the view was
that it was all the victim's own fault and that the fairy-cyclist was
entirely innocent and justified.

Some of them probably "thought" that he ought to have been able to get
"compo" from the bereaved family for any damage to his fairy-bike.

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<b254f10b-93eb-4645-a1ad-78cb3981dfd1n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9745&group=uk.rec.cycling#9745

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 05:52:47 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 15 May 2022 12:52 UTC

On Sunday, May 15, 2022 at 11:25:24 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 5:14:49 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Too late for this poor girl though. :-(
> > > Killed by toxic vehicle fumes.
> > > BASTARDS.
> > A statue to the toxic effects of killer motor vehicles.
> Here is a statue of the poor victim of toxic vehicle fumes.
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSystZAWIAI4O0D?format=jpg&name=small

I'm going to Camden on Friday so I may lay some flowers there like the wife did with Amy Winehouse who we saw in Belgrade in 2011.

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<jecd9vFc2r5U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9751&group=uk.rec.cycling#9751

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 13:25:18 +0000
 by: Spike - Sun, 15 May 2022 13:25 UTC

On 15/05/2022 12:52, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, May 15, 2022 at 11:25:24 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> Here is a statue of the poor victim of toxic vehicle fumes [and a health condition].

>> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSystZAWIAI4O0D?format=jpg&name=small

> I'm going to Camden on Friday so I may lay some flowers there like the wife did with Amy Winehouse who we saw in Belgrade in 2011.

Make them blue and yellow flowers to show solidarity with Ukraine.

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<2460e197-1e0a-4bbe-bb0a-f58d8c4761d4n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9754&group=uk.rec.cycling#9754

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 08:59:26 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 15 May 2022 15:59 UTC

> The change is also saving an estimated 10 tonnes of carbon emissions per year.

What about Nitrogen compounds, PM10s and Sulphur species? Plus all of these toxins?

antimony compounds
beryllium compounds IARC Group 1 carcinogens
chromium compounds IARC Group 3 possible carcinogens
cobalt compounds
cyanide compounds
dioxins and dibenzofurans
manganese compounds
mercury compounds IARC Group 3 possible carcinogens
nitrogen oxides
polycyclic organic matter, including
polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs)
selenium compounds

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<jecvtoFfhnfU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9758&group=uk.rec.cycling#9758

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 18:43:04 +0000
 by: Spike - Sun, 15 May 2022 18:43 UTC

On 15/05/2022 15:59, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> The change is also saving an estimated 10 tonnes of carbon emissions per year.

> What about Nitrogen compounds, PM10s and Sulphur species? Plus all of these toxins?

> antimony compounds
> beryllium compounds IARC Group 1 carcinogens
> chromium compounds IARC Group 3 possible carcinogens
> cobalt compounds
> cyanide compounds
> dioxins and dibenzofurans
> manganese compounds
> mercury compounds IARC Group 3 possible carcinogens
> nitrogen oxides
> polycyclic organic matter, including
> polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs)
> selenium compounds

You want 'fresh air'?

Try Somerset - it can have worse pollution than London.

PS: the background count for white asbestos fibres is 3/cu.m

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<70f0f728-016f-4370-8816-b80630f84a4en@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9760&group=uk.rec.cycling#9760

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 11:46:44 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 15 May 2022 18:46 UTC

> “I’m proud that the West of England Combined Authority under my leadership is helping ensure polluting diesel vans are a thing of the past.

QUOTE: thing of the past ENDS

Not before time - nasty little things.

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<jeegpjFo8e4U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9763&group=uk.rec.cycling#9763

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 08:37:07 +0000
 by: Spike - Mon, 16 May 2022 08:37 UTC

On 15/05/2022 18:46, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> “I’m proud that the West of England Combined Authority under my leadership is helping ensure polluting diesel vans are a thing of the past.

> QUOTE: thing of the past ENDS

> Not before time - nasty little things.

Just think of all the things that you need that are brought to you by
diesel-powered transport. Your local supermarkets could *never* be
restocked by a fleet of cargo bikes.

And when you make your visit to Camden, count the number of
diesel-engined means of transport you will use.

"Electric lorries!" you will cry, being totally incapable of
understanding that each EHGV will take the energy for a whole town to
recharge it. We don't have enough electricity to recharge 100,000 EHGVs,
let alone the entire fleet.

"More renewables!" you will cry, oblivious to the fact that for two
separate weeks this winter, the whole of the renewables programme
produced less that 10% of electrical demand.

"Storage batteries are the answer!" you will cry, completely ignoring
the fact that just one of those weeks would demand a battery farm the
size of Liverpool - and there would not be enough electricity to
recharge them!

"More renewables!" you will cry, except that when the wind doesn't blow
and the sun doesn't shine, all the renewables are worth nothing: over a
year, never mind a winter, wind availability averages 36% of generation
capacity, and solar is even worse at about 12%.

"You're talking rubbish!" you will cry, being totally incapable of
understanding that every GW of 'renewables' needs to be backed up by the
same GW of conventional generation, which means that the hugely
expensive and polluting renewables programme might as well be tossed
away as useless.

"However did we get to this?" you might ask. It's a good question.

"It's due to CO2!" you will cry, have being told this endlessly. But the
planet has been warmer than it is now, it has been colder than it is
now, CO2 has been higher than now, CO2 has been lower than now, and all
when there was no human activity of any significant kind.

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<7d3d45af-3057-4898-b74a-95ef06cc90ban@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9764&group=uk.rec.cycling#9764

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 03:08:48 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 16 May 2022 10:08 UTC

> The change is also saving an estimated 10 tonnes of carbon emissions per year.

Why doesn't anyone who rejects climate change ever write it as CO₂? That subscript is very important in chemistry.
Shows their ignorance of the subject.

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo fairy-bikes

<jefbmdFtae3U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9772&group=uk.rec.cycling#9772

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_fairy-bikes
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 17:16:13 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 16 May 2022 16:16 UTC

On 16/05/2022 11:08 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> The change is also saving an estimated 10 tonnes of carbon emissions per year.
>
> Why doesn't anyone who rejects climate change ever write it as CO₂? That subscript is very important in chemistry.
> Shows their ignorance of the subject.

....says the bloke who "thought" that the Greek letter mu is called "the
micro symbol".

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo fairy-bikes

<jefbp8Ftae3U2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9773&group=uk.rec.cycling#9773

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_fairy-bikes
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 17:17:39 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 16 May 2022 16:17 UTC

On 16/05/2022 09:37 am, Spike wrote:

> On 15/05/2022 18:46, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>> “I’m proud that the West of England Combined Authority under my leadership is helping ensure polluting diesel vans are a thing of the past.
>
>> QUOTE: thing of the past ENDS
>
>> Not before time - nasty little things.
>
> Just think of all the things that you need that are brought to you by
> diesel-powered transport. Your local supermarkets could *never* be
> restocked by a fleet of cargo bikes.
>
> And when you make your visit to Camden, count the number of
> diesel-engined means of transport you will use.
>
> "Electric lorries!" you will cry, being totally incapable of
> understanding that each EHGV will take the energy for a whole town to
> recharge it. We don't have enough electricity to recharge 100,000 EHGVs,
> let alone the entire fleet.
>
> "More renewables!" you will cry, oblivious to the fact that for two
> separate weeks this winter, the whole of the renewables programme
> produced less that 10% of electrical demand.
>
> "Storage batteries are the answer!" you will cry, completely ignoring
> the fact that just one of those weeks would demand a battery farm the
> size of Liverpool - and there would not be enough electricity to
> recharge them!
>
> "More renewables!" you will cry, except that when the wind doesn't blow
> and the sun doesn't shine, all the renewables are worth nothing: over a
> year, never mind a winter, wind availability averages 36% of generation
> capacity, and solar is even worse at about 12%.
>
> "You're talking rubbish!" you will cry, being totally incapable of
> understanding that every GW of 'renewables' needs to be backed up by the
> same GW of conventional generation, which means that the hugely
> expensive and polluting renewables programme might as well be tossed
> away as useless.
>
> "However did we get to this?" you might ask. It's a good question.
>
> "It's due to CO2!" you will cry, have being told this endlessly. But the
> planet has been warmer than it is now, it has been colder than it is
> now, CO2 has been higher than now, CO2 has been lower than now, and all
> when there was no human activity of any significant kind.

<<<applause>>>