Gates' Law: Every 18 months, the speed of software halves.

aus+uk / uk.media.tv.misc / I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

SubjectAuthor
* I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.Mike Swift
+* Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.AgentX
|+* Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.Oliver
||+* Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.Indy Jess John
|||`* Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.DaveG
||| `* Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.DaveG
|||  `- Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
||`- Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
|`- Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.Richard Evans
+* Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.Thumper
|+- Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.Mike Swift
|`* Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
| +* Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.soup
| |`* Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.JNugent
| | `- Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.Vidcapper
| `- Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.DaveG
+* Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
|+* Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.soup
||+- Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.AgentX
||`* Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
|| `- Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.soup
|`* Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.JNugent
| `- Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.DaveG
`* Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.Richard Evans
 +- Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.NY
 `* Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.Calum
  `- Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.Mike Swift

Pages:12
I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<iVWYwIAoDongFwnF@ntlworld.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=974&group=uk.media.tv.misc#974

From: mike.sw...@yeton.co.uk (Mike Swift)
Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
Subject: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 14:53:44 +0100
 by: Mike Swift - Fri, 14 May 2021 13:53 UTC

Ye Gods, just when you thought the Wokery in Britain couldn't get any
worse I read this headline.

Train Company Apologises After Conductor Said 'Good Morning, Ladies and
Gentlemen'

The mind boggles, as a Gentleman I'm offended by the railway company
apologising to this "Non Binary" idiot.

Who cares if they don't know if they are Arthur or Martha, 99.99% of the
population couldn't care less about how a conductor addresses them.

What are they supposed to say "Good Morning things?", or spend 20
minutes mentioning every life form on the planet, Non Binary, I give up,
thank God I'm on my way out.

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<s7m5fn$kme$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=975&group=uk.media.tv.misc#975

From: rantoma...@nospam.postalias (AgentX)
Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
Subject: Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 16:37:09 +0100
 by: AgentX - Fri, 14 May 2021 15:37 UTC

"Mike Swift" <mike.swift@yeton.co.uk> wrote in message
> Ye Gods, just when you thought the Wokery in Britain couldn't get any
> worse I read this headline.
>
> Train Company Apologises After Conductor Said 'Good Morning, Ladies and
> Gentlemen'
>
> The mind boggles, as a Gentleman I'm offended by the railway company
> apologising to this "Non Binary" idiot.
>
> Who cares if they don't know if they are Arthur or Martha, 99.99% of the
> population couldn't care less about how a conductor addresses them.
>
> What are they supposed to say "Good Morning things?", or spend 20 minutes
> mentioning every life form on the planet, Non Binary, I give up, thank God
> I'm on my way out.
>
> Mike
>
> --
> Michael Swift We do not regard Englishmen as foreigners.
> Kirkheaton We look on them only as rather mad Norwegians.
> Yorkshire Halvard Lange

Well said. We used to have a teacher who always addressed us as "You people"
long before political correctness was invented. We used to make fun of her
for it.

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<3fznI.538719$7Kb.201631@fx37.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=976&group=uk.media.tv.misc#976

Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
From: ofs...@blackyonder.co.uk (Oliver)
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 19:23:57 +0100
 by: Oliver - Fri, 14 May 2021 18:23 UTC

On 14/05/2021 16:37, AgentX wrote:
> Well said. We used to have a teacher who always addressed us as "You
> people" long before political correctness was invented. We used to make
> fun of her for it.

I used to use, "You lot".

--
Oliver

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<TdAnI.294023$qHh9.179875@fx18.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=977&group=uk.media.tv.misc#977

From: jimwar...@OMITblueyonder.co.uk (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 20:30:58 +0100
 by: Indy Jess John - Fri, 14 May 2021 19:30 UTC

On 14/05/2021 19:23, Oliver wrote:
> On 14/05/2021 16:37, AgentX wrote:
>> Well said. We used to have a teacher who always addressed us as "You
>> people" long before political correctness was invented. We used to make
>> fun of her for it.
>
> I used to use, "You lot".

I had a teacher who used the very simple "everybody"

Jim

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<x3CnI.47974$VN.42167@fx34.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=978&group=uk.media.tv.misc#978

Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
From: thumpe...@ntlworld.com (Thumper)
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 22:36:27 +0100
 by: Thumper - Fri, 14 May 2021 21:36 UTC

On 14/05/2021 14:53, Mike Swift wrote:
> Ye Gods, just when you thought the Wokery in Britain couldn't get any
> worse I read this headline.
>
> Train Company Apologises After Conductor Said 'Good Morning, Ladies and
> Gentlemen'
>
> The mind boggles, as a Gentleman I'm offended by the railway company
> apologising to this "Non Binary" idiot.
>
> Who cares if they don't know if they are Arthur or Martha, 99.99% of the
> population couldn't care less about how a conductor addresses them.
>
> What are they supposed to say "Good Morning things?", or spend 20
> minutes mentioning every life form on the planet, Non Binary, I give up,
> thank God I'm on my way out.
>
> Mike

I quite liked the reply on Twitter which said the Non-Binary person
should Identify as a car and drive the fuck home.

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<mpCnI.562782$dq1e.28117@fx22.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=979&group=uk.media.tv.misc#979

From: nos...@nospam.net (DaveG)
Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 21:59:46 GMT
 by: DaveG - Fri, 14 May 2021 21:59 UTC

On Fri, 14 May 2021 20:30:58 +0100, Indy Jess John wrote:

> On 14/05/2021 19:23, Oliver wrote:
>> On 14/05/2021 16:37, AgentX wrote:
>>> Well said. We used to have a teacher who always addressed us as "You
>>> people" long before political correctness was invented. We used to make
>>> fun of her for it.
>>
>> I used to use, "You lot".
>>
> I had a teacher who used the very simple "everybody"
>
> Jim

Junior and senior schools were single sex for us so it didn't come up.
And it was long enough ago that the words for any of the "boys" who might
not want to identify as boys were not the sort they wanted to hear.

--
ad astra tabernamque

Don't feed the trolls. You might catch something nasty.

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<FyCnI.328772$6kGe.302008@fx30.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=980&group=uk.media.tv.misc#980

From: nos...@nospam.net (DaveG)
Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 22:09:41 GMT
 by: DaveG - Fri, 14 May 2021 22:09 UTC

On Fri, 14 May 2021 21:59:46 +0000, DaveG wrote:

> Junior and senior schools were single sex for us so it didn't come up. And
> it was long enough ago that the words for any of the "boys" who might not
> want to identify as boys were not the sort they wanted to hear.

Thinking further about it, I didn't keep in touch with anyone from school.
I think I've met maybe three ex-school friends over the years. I can
remember discussing university places back then and I don't recall
anyone every discussion choosing a university place because their friends
were also going there. We all chose based on what we wanted and went our
separate ways. I've no real interest now, 40 years later, in knowing
what ever happened to them or how many might be something other
heterosexual. I supposed, based on the odds, there's a chance someone
I went to school with might have eventually "come out" as something
other than a binary male, but I really don't care. Live and let live.

For future reference, maybe train announcements should be "Ladies,
Gentlemen and Others"

And in case any of the "woke" PC brigade are here, "Ladies" always go
first because that's just what a proper "Gentleman" does, and "Others"
come last because they are least likely to be there, ie the minority,
despite what the media might portray.

<shrug>

--
ad astra tabernamque

Don't feed the trolls. You might catch something nasty.

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<LtPSuWAOtwngFwh6@ntlworld.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=981&group=uk.media.tv.misc#981

From: mike.sw...@yeton.co.uk (Mike Swift)
Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 00:44:14 +0100
 by: Mike Swift - Fri, 14 May 2021 23:44 UTC

In article <x3CnI.47974$VN.42167@fx34.ams4>, Thumper
<thumper88@ntlworld.com> writes
>> Ye Gods, just when you thought the Wokery in Britain couldn't get any
>> worse I read this headline.
>>
>> Train Company Apologises After Conductor Said 'Good Morning, Ladies and
>> Gentlemen'
>>
>> The mind boggles, as a Gentleman I'm offended by the railway company
>> apologising to this "Non Binary" idiot.
>>
>> Who cares if they don't know if they are Arthur or Martha, 99.99% of the
>> population couldn't care less about how a conductor addresses them.
>>
>> What are they supposed to say "Good Morning things?", or spend 20
>> minutes mentioning every life form on the planet, Non Binary, I give up,
>> thank God I'm on my way out.
>>
>> Mike
>>
>I quite liked the reply on Twitter which said the Non-Binary person should
>Identify as a car and drive the fuck home.

LOL, love that.

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<s7nsh2$jtt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=982&group=uk.media.tv.misc#982

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 08:16:45 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Sat, 15 May 2021 07:16 UTC

Might I also point out that George Michael called his greatest hits album
Ladies and Gentlemen.
I think we are all getting far too touchy myself. If you had been called
what I often get then maybe you might have a moan. Blink in the corner is a
common one. People assume if we cannot see we may be stupid or deaf as well.
Admittedly often the term is used as slang, but how many people in
wheelchairs get called crips or whatever? Its really a good rule of thumb
to use terms in common usage and if that usage changes then its up to your
boss to say so, not for you to assume things. I get a lot of issues at
hospitals, where, I'm sure one might expect people to be enlightened. If I
had a fiver for every time a porter or volunteer arrives with a wheelchair
when it clearly says on my records blind, I'd be living in a mansion by now.
I'm told that occurs at airports as well. Basically they need to ask what
help do you require, not assume you are some decrepit wreck.
Likewise, Most people identify as a sexual type in the main. In my view
when dealing with a lot of people to have to prolong a greeting by listing
every possible type would be time consuming and really silly. Neither ladies
or gentleman are offensive to most people I know of variable sexual
orientation, Indeed, there is a case to be made that this information should
be each persons personal data, and unless they want to flaunt it, it should
always be assumed you are one of the binary groups you resemble. I mean
what happens if somebody manages to genetically modify a pig so it has a
human brain?
God help us if aliens land is all I'll say. Why not at the moment use Good
morning Folks, I wonder what objection to that might be.
I sat listening to a lady who wishes to be known as an actor last night
because the presenter said actress.
If that is really important, why does the male and female versions exist?
After all a guy who was dark skinned did say, unfortunately as a black
actor, I tend to get parts like.... Maybe he should have said Actor of
Colour?
I am reminded of that classic Peter Cook and Dudley Moore sketch about the
bloke who turns up to a casting for Tarzan who only had one leg. And there
is peter trying not to offend by coming up with more and more silly reasons
why he would not do, and uses the word unidexter.

They obviously saw coming back then what is in fact here now.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Mike Swift" <mike.swift@yeton.co.uk> wrote in message
> Ye Gods, just when you thought the Wokery in Britain couldn't get any
> worse I read this headline.
>
> Train Company Apologises After Conductor Said 'Good Morning, Ladies and
> Gentlemen'
>
> The mind boggles, as a Gentleman I'm offended by the railway company
> apologising to this "Non Binary" idiot.
>
> Who cares if they don't know if they are Arthur or Martha, 99.99% of the
> population couldn't care less about how a conductor addresses them.
>
> What are they supposed to say "Good Morning things?", or spend 20 minutes
> mentioning every life form on the planet, Non Binary, I give up, thank God
> I'm on my way out.
>
> Mike
>
> --
> Michael Swift We do not regard Englishmen as foreigners.
> Kirkheaton We look on them only as rather mad Norwegians.
> Yorkshire Halvard Lange

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<s7nt15$met$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=983&group=uk.media.tv.misc#983

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 08:25:20 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Sat, 15 May 2021 07:25 UTC

One does have to be careful, when blind though to not use terms like Angle
Grinder man, since more and more Women are using them successfully these
days.
I do see the problem with Irish, Polish or Blonde Jokes of course as its
stereotyping, but we all do that. I mean the standard image of disabled is a
person in a wheelchair, and of a blind person is either hanging off the side
of a dog or with soup stains down their shirt etc.
Its often a shock to find lady mechanics or whatever, since the stereotypes
exist, but these never did make sense as many jobs these days have no real
gender issues.
I do know that many blokes feel pressured to remove their girlie picks from
the inside of their lockers when a lady is in the team, but most ladies I
know just laugh it off, after all, nothing to stop them having pictures of
naked men as a tv engineer of the female gender suggested. Sex is there and
we are far too prudish still.

However, all I can say is that in this case, it all seems pretty trivial
when you look at sex and colour discrimination in the job market these days
still.

"Oliver" <ofspam@blackyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> On 14/05/2021 16:37, AgentX wrote:
>> Well said. We used to have a teacher who always addressed us as "You
>> people" long before political correctness was invented. We used to make
>> fun of her for it.
>
> I used to use, "You lot".
>
> --
> Oliver

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<s7ntej$om6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=984&group=uk.media.tv.misc#984

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 08:32:30 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Sat, 15 May 2021 07:32 UTC

No, I do wish I had gone to a co ed senior school. I think I'd have been
better adjusted if I had. I'm reasonably sure there were a lot of sexual
predatory teachers and other pupils at my school you soon realised who not
to be alone with.

It is however quite natural, and happens in animals as well, If its
unwanted, an animal simply attacks the other and they don't try it again. We
seem to not do that or in many cases I suspect feel bullied. Luckily I
learned who to avoid. No excuse for teachers, but one has to realise that
young children are still attempting to find who they are at that age.

What is acceptable in society has changed over the years, which is why folk
like Jonathan King and randy Rolf are now considered criminals I suppose.

"DaveG" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 14 May 2021 21:59:46 +0000, DaveG wrote:
>
>> Junior and senior schools were single sex for us so it didn't come up.
>> And
>> it was long enough ago that the words for any of the "boys" who might not
>> want to identify as boys were not the sort they wanted to hear.
>
> Thinking further about it, I didn't keep in touch with anyone from school.
> I think I've met maybe three ex-school friends over the years. I can
> remember discussing university places back then and I don't recall
> anyone every discussion choosing a university place because their friends
> were also going there. We all chose based on what we wanted and went our
> separate ways. I've no real interest now, 40 years later, in knowing
> what ever happened to them or how many might be something other
> heterosexual. I supposed, based on the odds, there's a chance someone
> I went to school with might have eventually "come out" as something
> other than a binary male, but I really don't care. Live and let live.
>
> For future reference, maybe train announcements should be "Ladies,
> Gentlemen and Others"
>
> And in case any of the "woke" PC brigade are here, "Ladies" always go
> first because that's just what a proper "Gentleman" does, and "Others"
> come last because they are least likely to be there, ie the minority,
> despite what the media might portray.
>
> <shrug>
>
> --
> ad astra tabernamque
>
> Don't feed the trolls. You might catch something nasty.

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<s7nti8$pa1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=985&group=uk.media.tv.misc#985

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 08:34:26 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Sat, 15 May 2021 07:34 UTC

Good morning to all our lovely clients, let me welcome you to the great
experience you are going to have travelling with us today....

"Thumper" <thumper88@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> On 14/05/2021 14:53, Mike Swift wrote:
>> Ye Gods, just when you thought the Wokery in Britain couldn't get any
>> worse I read this headline.
>>
>> Train Company Apologises After Conductor Said 'Good Morning, Ladies and
>> Gentlemen'
>>
>> The mind boggles, as a Gentleman I'm offended by the railway company
>> apologising to this "Non Binary" idiot.
>>
>> Who cares if they don't know if they are Arthur or Martha, 99.99% of the
>> population couldn't care less about how a conductor addresses them.
>>
>> What are they supposed to say "Good Morning things?", or spend 20 minutes
>> mentioning every life form on the planet, Non Binary, I give up, thank
>> God I'm on my way out.
>>
>> Mike
>>
> I quite liked the reply on Twitter which said the Non-Binary person should
> Identify as a car and drive the fuck home.

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<52LnI.410290$PPIc.177098@fx15.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=986&group=uk.media.tv.misc#986

Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
From: sou...@invalid.com (soup)
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 08:49:23 +0100
 by: soup - Sat, 15 May 2021 07:49 UTC

Wouldn't the 'uggos' complain?

On 15/05/2021 08:34, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
> Good morning to all our lovely clients, let me welcome you to the great
> experience you are going to have travelling with us today....
> Brian

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<8cLnI.354283$E75e.149640@fx21.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=987&group=uk.media.tv.misc#987

Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
From: sou...@invalid.com (soup)
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 09:00:06 +0100
 by: soup - Sat, 15 May 2021 08:00 UTC

Brian I would suspect the wheelchair is to get you from A to B quickly .
Letting someone take your arm (yes I made the mistake of grabbing a
blind person by the arm to lead them)and navigating them through a
possibly milling crowd is not a quick process.

You 'say' we are being too touchy, is you taking umbrage at some one
trying to be quick (or rather not slow) not an example of this ?

On 15/05/2021 08:16, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
> Might I also point out that George Michael called his greatest hits album
> Ladies and Gentlemen.
> I think we are all getting far too touchy myself. If you had been called
> what I often get then maybe you might have a moan. Blink in the corner is a
> common one. People assume if we cannot see we may be stupid or deaf as well.
> Admittedly often the term is used as slang, but how many people in
> wheelchairs get called crips or whatever? Its really a good rule of thumb
> to use terms in common usage and if that usage changes then its up to your
> boss to say so, not for you to assume things. I get a lot of issues at
> hospitals, where, I'm sure one might expect people to be enlightened. If I
> had a fiver for every time a porter or volunteer arrives with a wheelchair
> when it clearly says on my records blind, I'd be living in a mansion by now.
> I'm told that occurs at airports as well. Basically they need to ask what
> help do you require, not assume you are some decrepit wreck.
> Likewise, Most people identify as a sexual type in the main. In my view
> when dealing with a lot of people to have to prolong a greeting by listing
> every possible type would be time consuming and really silly. Neither ladies
> or gentleman are offensive to most people I know of variable sexual
> orientation, Indeed, there is a case to be made that this information should
> be each persons personal data, and unless they want to flaunt it, it should
> always be assumed you are one of the binary groups you resemble. I mean
> what happens if somebody manages to genetically modify a pig so it has a
> human brain?
> God help us if aliens land is all I'll say. Why not at the moment use Good
> morning Folks, I wonder what objection to that might be.
> I sat listening to a lady who wishes to be known as an actor last night
> because the presenter said actress.
> If that is really important, why does the male and female versions exist?
> After all a guy who was dark skinned did say, unfortunately as a black
> actor, I tend to get parts like.... Maybe he should have said Actor of
> Colour?

"I have nothing against your left leg, unfortunately neither do you".

> I am reminded of that classic Peter Cook and Dudley Moore sketch about the
> bloke who turns up to a casting for Tarzan who only had one leg. And there
> is peter trying not to offend by coming up with more and more silly reasons
> why he would not do, and uses the word unidexter.
>
> They obviously saw coming back then what is in fact here now.
> Brian

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<s7oh18$451$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=988&group=uk.media.tv.misc#988

From: rantoma...@nospam.postalias (AgentX)
Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 14:06:08 +0100
 by: AgentX - Sat, 15 May 2021 13:06 UTC

I think that's likely. I'm deaf, but I often get pushed really fast in a
wheelchair to the Audiology dept in the hospital. I think it gives bored
porters something to do.

<qTTnI.476449$gMNd.2287@fx29.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=989&group=uk.media.tv.misc#989

From: nos...@nospam.net (DaveG)
Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 17:52:22 GMT
 by: DaveG - Sat, 15 May 2021 17:52 UTC

"Great experience"? Wouldn't they then get sued for deceptive practices?

--
ad astra tabernamque

Don't feed the trolls. You might catch something nasty.

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<s7qdi6$av8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=990&group=uk.media.tv.misc#990

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 07:19:44 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Sun, 16 May 2021 06:19 UTC

The problem is nobody asks. The fact is it has always been faster by foot in
hospitals. Its the nothing about us without us think. People may think they
know, but they don't Brian

<OR5oI.547242$7Kb.521749@fx37.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=991&group=uk.media.tv.misc#991

Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
From: sou...@invalid.com (soup)
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 10:46:25 +0100
 by: soup - Sun, 16 May 2021 09:46 UTC

On 16/05/2021 07:19, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
> The problem is nobody asks.

True. But would you take umbrage at that too?
"How dare you ask, I am just like anyone else".
Hasn't your entire posting history been about how much has (or rather
hasn't |)been adapted for you.

The fact is it has always been faster by foot in
> hospitals.

I can assure you it is not faster to lead a blind person through a crowd
than to wheel them.

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<s7u270$1q6$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=992&group=uk.media.tv.misc#992

From: R.P.Evan...@Sky.com (Richard Evans)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 16:30:38 +0100
 by: Richard Evans - Mon, 17 May 2021 15:30 UTC

On 14/05/2021 14:53, Mike Swift wrote:
> Ye Gods, just when you thought the Wokery in Britain couldn't get any
> worse I read this headline.
>
> Train Company Apologises After Conductor Said 'Good Morning, Ladies and
> Gentlemen'

Good morning humans.

Of would somebody then complain that their guide dog was offended !

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<s7u2cg$1q6$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=993&group=uk.media.tv.misc#993

From: R.P.Evan...@Sky.com (Richard Evans)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 16:33:34 +0100
 by: Richard Evans - Mon, 17 May 2021 15:33 UTC

On 14/05/2021 16:37, AgentX wrote:

> Well said. We used to have a teacher who always addressed us as "You
> people" long before political correctness was invented. We used to make
> fun of her for it.

For a while, if I asked a girl her name, and she said, why do you want
my name. I would say so that I don't have to call you 'Oy You'.

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<s7u79g$pvh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=994&group=uk.media.tv.misc#994

From: me...@privacy.invalid (NY)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 17:57:05 +0100
 by: NY - Mon, 17 May 2021 16:57 UTC

"Richard Evans" <R.P.Evans.NoSpam@Sky.com> wrote in message
> On 14/05/2021 14:53, Mike Swift wrote:
>> Ye Gods, just when you thought the Wokery in Britain couldn't get any
>> worse I read this headline.
>>
>> Train Company Apologises After Conductor Said 'Good Morning, Ladies and
>> Gentlemen'
>
> Good morning humans.
>
> Of would somebody then complain that their guide dog was offended !

Hu-persons (not hu-mans). Oh, sorry, that includes "son". Hu-per-children?
Oh, what a F-ing mess ;-)

In order to please everyone, you end up pleasing no-one and pissing-off
many. Sums up wokefullness, really.

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<igft4gFj3fhU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=995&group=uk.media.tv.misc#995

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 20:05:52 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 17 May 2021 19:05 UTC

On 15/05/2021 08:16 am, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

> Might I also point out that George Michael called his greatest hits album
> Ladies and Gentlemen.

Was that done in honour of his favourite types of building?

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<JUVoI.767387$VGkf.32029@fx13.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=996&group=uk.media.tv.misc#996

From: nos...@nospam.net (DaveG)
Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 20:59:21 GMT
 by: DaveG - Tue, 18 May 2021 20:59 UTC

On Mon, 17 May 2021 20:05:52 +0100, JNugent wrote:

> On 15/05/2021 08:16 am, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
>
>> Might I also point out that George Michael called his greatest hits album
>> Ladies and Gentlemen.
>
> Was that done in honour of his favourite types of building?

Oh, well spotted! I completely missed that one. Well done!!!

--
ad astra tabernamque

Don't feed the trolls. You might catch something nasty.

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<igj34lF7a9gU7@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=997&group=uk.media.tv.misc#997

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 01:06:45 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 19 May 2021 00:06 UTC

On 15/05/2021 08:49 am, soup wrote:

> Wouldn't the 'uggos' complain?
>
> On 15/05/2021 08:34, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
>> Good morning to all our lovely clients, let me welcome you to the great
>> experience  you are going to have travelling with us today....
>>   Brian

"So, Mrs Thingummy, you're expecting your first child? What are you
hoping for, a boy, a girl or a non-binary infant?".

Re: I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

<NE1pI.572463$ut29.390191@fx45.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=998&group=uk.media.tv.misc#998

Newsgroups: free.virginmedia.discussion.general,uk.media.tv.misc
From: vidcapp...@yahoo.co.uk (Vidcapper)
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 06:48:23 +0100
 by: Vidcapper - Wed, 19 May 2021 05:48 UTC

On 19/05/2021 01:06, JNugent wrote:
> On 15/05/2021 08:49 am, soup wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't the 'uggos' complain?
>>
>> On 15/05/2021 08:34, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
>>> Good morning to all our lovely clients, let me welcome you to the great
>>> experience you are going to have travelling with us today....
>>> Brian
>
> "So, Mrs Thingummy, you're expecting your first child? What are you
> hoping for, a boy, a girl or a non-binary infant?".

LOL!

--

Paul Hyett, Cheltenham