From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.audio
Subject: Wide ranging buzzing
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 16:03:04 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 16:03 UTC

On certain parts of the short wave, even away from electrical interference
there are strange buzzing signals. it reminded me of the old woodpecker
noises but much faster on repetition. I thought that everyone had given up
on over the horizon radar nowadays due to the unstable ionosphere?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Re: Wide ranging buzzing

<d8d148a3-5378-4647-942a-2f863aa26dffn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=973&group=uk.rec.audio#973

Newsgroups: uk.rec.audio
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 18:18:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Wide ranging buzzing
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 02:18 UTC

Brian Gaff (PITA) wrote:
=======================

> On certain parts of the short wave, even away from electrical interference

** Stop right there.

WTF does he even mean ???

Radio in the back yard ?
Radio in the countryside ?
Far out at sea ?

RFI is anywhere people or power lines are.

...... Phil

Re: Wide ranging buzzing

<j47bq5FmjqlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=974&group=uk.rec.audio#974

From: ema...@here.invalid (Adrian Caspersz)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.audio
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 06:46:28 +0000
 by: Adrian Caspersz - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 06:46 UTC

On 11/01/2022 16:03, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
> On certain parts of the short wave, even away from electrical interference
> there are strange buzzing signals. it reminded me of the old woodpecker
> noises but much faster on repetition. I thought that everyone had given up
> on over the horizon radar nowadays due to the unstable ionosphere?

That's OK, the world is about to end, and someone has activated their
sub etha thumb to catch a lift on a nearby Vogon Constructor ship.

As a second opinion, perhaps you can locate the broadcasts on WebSDR?

http://www.websdr.org/

I don't know how accessible that stuff is.

--
Adrian C

Re: Wide ranging buzzing

<srm2p4$872$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=975&group=uk.rec.audio#975

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.audio
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 08:16:33 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 08:16 UTC

I'm not so sure how accessible those web SDRs are. I do have my trusty Icom
receiver, and the way the transmissions seem to be broadband but suddenly
appear at different frequencies is very much the same as the old Woodpecker.
We know that the original source of that was not far from the Russian
reactor that blew up in a wood in the Ukraine, so its rusting away. Some say
its the North Koreans others the Chinese.