Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Subject: A guy who knows slams doomed subs half assed design - "catastrophic
design flaws" not "fear mongering" after all ?
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 16:44:02 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 20:44 UTC

Observations from this guy simply cannot be dismissed - He has been to
the deepest part of the ocean, a full 3x deeper than Titanic, almost
incomprehensible to even contemplate ,, And he did it in a sub he
designed himself, and with room for only ONE - No paying tourists aboard
his vessel.

He also brings up another hull weak point that I haven't heard about
before, "2 glass spheres" ,, It remains to be seen what these were,
camera ports perhaps ?
Also mentions the obvious plexiglas viewing port, which even this
outfits operators admitted on camera was not even close to being rated
for 12K ft, as the possible failure point.

He also brings up the obvious probability that this may not have been as
instantaneous as widely believed, they likely heard the cracking, felt
the shuddering and possibly some preliminary high pressure water
intrusion before the vessel and themselves were crushed by the water -
He and others say there is evidence they tried to drop their rusty
ballast in a desperate attempt to escape the coming crush, have not seen
this confirmed and not sure how it could be, but if it is we would know
that they didn't exactly remain blissfully ignorant of their coming fate
until it happened.

```````````````````

It was always doomed to implode: James Cameron says Titan sub's Achilles
heel was 'fundamentally-flawed' carbon fiber hull which weakened after
each of its 10 expeditions - and fears occupants may have realized they
were about to die

A series of warnings were issued over the vessel's carbon fiber
hull - the cylinder which carried the five crew who perished - and its
porthole
The design was 'fundamentally flawed', according to Titanic
director James Cameron
The crew 'probably had warning that their hull... started to
crack', he added

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12227555/Titanic-director-James-Cameron-reveals-Titan-subs-Achilles-heel.html

Re: A guy who knows slams doomed subs half assed design - "catastrophic design flaws" not "fear mongering" after all ?

<20230624001540.00002feb@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9764&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9764

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: A guy who knows slams doomed subs half assed design -
"catastrophic design flaws" not "fear mongering" after all ?
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 00:15:40 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 23:15 UTC

On Fri, 23 Jun 2023 16:44:02 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Also mentions the obvious plexiglas viewing port, which even this
> outfits operators admitted on camera was not even close to being
> rated for 12K ft

That's another lie. That's not what he said at all.

Re: A guy who knows slams doomed subs half assed design - "catastrophic design flaws" not "fear mongering" after all ?

<Z5slM.39676$7915.17995@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9772&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9772

"catastrophic design flaws" not "fear mongering" after all ?
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 21:59:21 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 01:59 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jun 2023 16:44:02 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> Also mentions the obvious plexiglas viewing port, which even this
>> outfits operators admitted on camera was not even close to being
>> rated for 12K ft
>
> That's another lie. That's not what he said at all.

Hey this isn't senile perv Xiden, you don't have to defend him by reflex
you know - You do have a penchant for standing up for guys whom most
people hate their guts

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: A guy who knows slams doomed subs half assed design - "catastrophic design flaws" not "fear mongering" after all ?