"Paul Lynde to block..." -- a contestant on "Hollywood Squares"

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: F1 Racing

SubjectAuthor
* F1 RacingYosemite Sam
+* F1 Racingjonz@ nothere.com
|`- F1 RacingNoddy
`* F1 RacingYosemite Sam
 `* F1 Racingalvey
  `* F1 RacingXeno
   `* F1 RacingYosemite Sam
    +- F1 Racingjonz@ nothere.com
    `* F1 RacingPeter Jason
     +- F1 RacingYosemite Sam
     +* F1 RacingNoddy
     |`* F1 RacingYosemite Sam
     | `- F1 RacingYosemite Sam
     +* F1 RacingDaryl
     |`* F1 RacingPeter Jason
     | `* F1 RacingDaryl
     |  `* F1 Racingkeithr0
     |   `* F1 RacingDaryl
     |    `* F1 Racingkeithr0
     |     `- F1 RacingDaryl
     `- F1 RacingClocky

1
F1 Racing

<j4ad9vF9v5aU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9687&group=aus.cars#9687

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: F1 Racing
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 21:31:36 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 10:31 UTC

Watching formula one racing on Foxtel. Pitstops take only two seconds!
How the hell is it even possible to change wheels in two seconds!?? What
sort of wheel connectors would facilitate wheel changes that fast?

--
"his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

Re: F1 Racing

<5faf8974-04db-4095-97af-c2c09ec86b36n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9695&group=aus.cars#9695

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 03:58:00 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: F1 Racing
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 11:58 UTC

On Thursday, 13 January 2022 at 21:30:25 UTC+11, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Watching formula one racing on Foxtel. Pitstops take only two seconds!
> How the hell is it even possible to change wheels in two seconds!?? What
> sort of wheel connectors would facilitate wheel changes that fast?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FFS, You just said you *Watched*!.......

> --
> "his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
> the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

Re: F1 Racing

<srp5d6$o8k$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9699&group=aus.cars#9699

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 23:19:50 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 12:19 UTC

On 13/01/2022 10:58 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
> On Thursday, 13 January 2022 at 21:30:25 UTC+11, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> Watching formula one racing on Foxtel. Pitstops take only two seconds!
>> How the hell is it even possible to change wheels in two seconds!?? What
>> sort of wheel connectors would facilitate wheel changes that fast?
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> FFS, You just said you *Watched*!.......

ROTFL :)

This bloke really is dumber than dog droppings. Not to worry though
Felix, as your mentor will be along any minute with a detailed "cut and
paste" straight from Google :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: F1 Racing

<j4al4qFbduuU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9708&group=aus.cars#9708

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 23:45:22 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 12:45 UTC

On 13/01/2022 9:31 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> Watching formula one racing on Foxtel. Pitstops take only two seconds!
> How the hell is it even possible to change wheels in two seconds!??
> What sort of wheel connectors would facilitate wheel changes that fast?

even faster! 1.88 seconds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLehbCYiJmE
amazing! the wheels have only one central wheel connector. that's why it
can be done so fast.

this one's brilliant! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHSUp7msCIE well
worth watching! the car has barely stopped before it's off again.
interesting to watch each persons role.

from the comments:

Here’s all the jobs in a 20 man F1 pit stop

12 men change tires
2 men jack up the front and back
2 men support the side of the car.
2 men adjust the front spoiler
1 man acts as a backup front jack
1 man tells the driver when to go.

--
"his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

Re: F1 Racing

<munzkxr713nf.1ejnp0aco5oof$.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9716&group=aus.cars#9716

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 05:28:26 +1000
 by: alvey - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 19:28 UTC

On Thu, 13 Jan 2022 23:45:22 +1100, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> On 13/01/2022 9:31 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> Watching formula one racing on Foxtel. Pitstops take only two seconds!
>> How the hell is it even possible to change wheels in two seconds!??
>> What sort of wheel connectors would facilitate wheel changes that fast?
>>

> even faster! 1.88 seconds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLehbCYiJmE
> amazing! the wheels have only one central wheel connector. that's why it
> can be done so fast.
>
> this one's brilliant! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHSUp7msCIE well
> worth watching! the car has barely stopped before it's off again.
> interesting to watch each persons role.
>
> from the comments:
>
> Here’s all the jobs in a 20 man F1 pit stop
>
> 12 men change tires
> 2 men jack up the front and back
> 2 men support the side of the car.
> 2 men adjust the front spoiler
> 1 man acts as a backup front jack
> 1 man tells the driver when to go.

You sure don't get service like that from unqualified, tin shed shonks...

alvey

Re: F1 Racing

<j4bqc2FidovU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9734&group=aus.cars#9734

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 10:19:28 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 23:19 UTC

On 14/1/22 6:28 am, alvey wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2022 23:45:22 +1100, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>
>> On 13/01/2022 9:31 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> Watching formula one racing on Foxtel. Pitstops take only two seconds!
>>> How the hell is it even possible to change wheels in two seconds!??
>>> What sort of wheel connectors would facilitate wheel changes that fast?
>>>

>> even faster! 1.88 seconds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLehbCYiJmE
>> amazing! the wheels have only one central wheel connector. that's why it
>> can be done so fast.
>>
>> this one's brilliant! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHSUp7msCIE well
>> worth watching! the car has barely stopped before it's off again.
>> interesting to watch each persons role.
>>
>> from the comments:
>>
>> Here’s all the jobs in a 20 man F1 pit stop
>>
>> 12 men change tires
>> 2 men jack up the front and back
>> 2 men support the side of the car.
>> 2 men adjust the front spoiler
>> 1 man acts as a backup front jack
>> 1 man tells the driver when to go.
>
> You sure don't get service like that from unqualified, tin shed shonks...
>

> alvey

Nope, all you get is an *exhaust valve head* parting company with the
valve stem and turning the entire engine into scrap metal, especially
when said engine is at full roar. How not to win a race in one easy
lesson and, according to Darren, 7 laps.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: F1 Racing

<j4bv2gFj7qsU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9740&group=aus.cars#9740

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 11:41:03 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 00:41 UTC

On 14/01/2022 10:19 am, Xeno wrote:
> On 14/1/22 6:28 am, alvey wrote:

>>> even faster! 1.88 seconds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLehbCYiJmE
>>> amazing! the wheels have only one central wheel connector. that's
>>> why it
>>> can be done so fast.
>>>
>>> this one's brilliant! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHSUp7msCIE well
>>> worth watching! the car has barely stopped before it's off again.
>>> interesting to watch each persons role.
>>>
>>> from the comments:
>>>
>>> Here’s all the jobs in a 20 man F1 pit stop
>>>
>>> 12 men change tires
>>> 2 men jack up the front and back
>>> 2 men support the side of the car.
>>> 2 men adjust the front spoiler
>>> 1 man acts as a backup front jack
>>> 1 man tells the driver when to go.
>>
>> You sure don't get service like that from unqualified, tin shed
>> shonks...
>>

>> alvey
>>
> Nope, all you get is an *exhaust valve head* parting company with the
> valve stem and turning the entire engine into scrap metal, especially
> when said engine is at full roar. How not to win a race in one easy
> lesson and, according to Darren, 7 laps.

what surprises me is that the wheels are held on by just one nut,
considering the tremendous forces acting on the wheels and tyres during
racing. F1 teams must have invented a very good wheel locking system!

--
"his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

Re: F1 Racing

<59b1b22b-aa7f-4a31-a375-9bc6bfa7a629n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9752&group=aus.cars#9752

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 17:03:15 -0800 (PST)
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 01:03 UTC

On Friday, 14 January 2022 at 11:39:46 UTC+11, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 14/01/2022 10:19 am, Xeno wrote:

> >> You sure don't get service like that from unqualified, tin shed
> >> shonks...
> >>

> >> alvey
> >>
> > Nope, all you get is an *exhaust valve head* parting company with the
> > valve stem and turning the entire engine into scrap metal, especially
> > when said engine is at full roar. How not to win a race in one easy
> > lesson and, according to Darren, 7 laps.
> >
> what surprises me is that the wheels are held on by just one nut,
> considering the tremendous forces acting on the wheels and tyres during
> racing. F1 teams must have invented a very good wheel locking system!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Knock on`s*, been around since the early 1900`s... Krypsis will be along shortly with a twenty page diatribe for you...
> --
> "his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
> the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

Re: F1 Racing

<e4j1ugt9f7k6050h0fagnbvi7m9qd4cnko@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9755&group=aus.cars#9755

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 12:09:59 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 01:09 UTC

On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 11:41:03 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
wrote:

>On 14/01/2022 10:19 am, Xeno wrote:

>>> You sure don't get service like that from unqualified, tin shed
>>> shonks...
>>>

>>> alvey
>>>
>> Nope, all you get is an *exhaust valve head* parting company with the
>> valve stem and turning the entire engine into scrap metal, especially
>> when said engine is at full roar. How not to win a race in one easy
>> lesson and, according to Darren, 7 laps.
>>

>what surprises me is that the wheels are held on by just one nut,
>considering the tremendous forces acting on the wheels and tyres during
>racing. F1 teams must have invented a very good wheel locking system!

The old Holdens' each front wheels were secured by one castle nut.
This I discovered when the service guy forgot once to replace its pin.
Very wobbly.

Re: F1 Racing

<j4c1bdFjka0U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9756&group=aus.cars#9756

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 12:19:56 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 01:19 UTC

On 14/01/2022 12:09 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 11:41:03 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
> wrote:

>>> Nope, all you get is an *exhaust valve head* parting company with the
>>> valve stem and turning the entire engine into scrap metal, especially
>>> when said engine is at full roar. How not to win a race in one easy
>>> lesson and, according to Darren, 7 laps.
>>>
>> what surprises me is that the wheels are held on by just one nut,
>> considering the tremendous forces acting on the wheels and tyres during
>> racing. F1 teams must have invented a very good wheel locking system!
> The old Holdens' each front wheels were secured by one castle nut.
> This I discovered when the service guy forgot once to replace its pin.
> Very wobbly.

yes I remember those. you had to tighten the nut up then back it off to
insert the split pin thu one of the openings in the nut and the hole in
the threaded shaft. but the F1 wheels are only held on by the force of
the nut it seems. all modern cars use multiple nuts of course. usually five?

--
"his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

Re: F1 Racing

<srqkcl$1gq$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9759&group=aus.cars#9759

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 12:41:38 +1100
 by: Noddy - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 01:41 UTC

On 14/01/2022 12:09 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 11:41:03 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
> wrote:

>> what surprises me is that the wheels are held on by just one nut,
>> considering the tremendous forces acting on the wheels and tyres during
>> racing. F1 teams must have invented a very good wheel locking system!

The wheels are on a splined shaft, Felix. It's the same idea that
companies like Jaguar and others were using in the the 1930's. You don't
need a series of nuts to hold the wheel in place like a regular road car
uses. The splines hold the wheel in place and you only need one large
nut to hold the wheel on the splines.

Have a look at pictures of an old 1930's Jag with wire wheels. The
wheels were held in place with a "knock-off", which was a polished
circular nut with a couple of triangular shaped points cast into it. The
cars never came with a wheel brace but rather a mallet, and you used the
mallet to hit the points on the knock-off to both loosen and tighten it.

The difference with F1 is that they use a large regular nut and a high
speed rattle gun.

> The old Holdens' each front wheels were secured by one castle nut.

No, they weren't.

> This I discovered when the service guy forgot once to replace its pin.
> Very wobbly.

The large castelated nut held the front *hub* in place. The wheels where
held onto the hub with 5 regular wheel nuts.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: F1 Racing

<j4c4p0Fk7n8U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9762&group=aus.cars#9762

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 13:18:22 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 02:18 UTC

On 14/01/2022 12:41 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 14/01/2022 12:09 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 11:41:03 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
>> wrote:
>
>>> what surprises me is that the wheels are held on by just one nut,
>>> considering the tremendous forces acting on the wheels and tyres during
>>> racing. F1 teams must have invented a very good wheel locking system!
>
> The wheels are on a splined shaft, Felix.

how can they align the splines when they do it so fast?

> It's the same idea that companies like Jaguar and others were using in
> the the 1930's. You don't need a series of nuts to hold the wheel in
> place like a regular road car uses. The splines hold the wheel in
> place and you only need one large nut to hold the wheel on the splines.
>
> Have a look at pictures of an old 1930's Jag with wire wheels. The
> wheels were held in place with a "knock-off", which was a polished
> circular nut with a couple of triangular shaped points cast into it.
> The cars never came with a wheel brace but rather a mallet, and you
> used the mallet to hit the points on the knock-off to both loosen and
> tighten it.
>
> The difference with F1 is that they use a large regular nut and a high
> speed rattle gun.
>
>> The old Holdens' each front wheels were secured by one castle nut.
>
> No, they weren't.
>
>> This I discovered when the service guy forgot once to replace its pin.
>> Very wobbly.
>
> The large castelated nut held the front *hub* in place. The wheels
> where held onto the hub with 5 regular wheel nuts.

yes

--
"his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

Re: F1 Racing

<j4c5cuFkbfaU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9765&group=aus.cars#9765

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 13:27:42 +1100
 by: Daryl - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 02:27 UTC

On 14/1/22 12:09 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 11:41:03 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
> wrote:

>>> Nope, all you get is an *exhaust valve head* parting company with the
>>> valve stem and turning the entire engine into scrap metal, especially
>>> when said engine is at full roar. How not to win a race in one easy
>>> lesson and, according to Darren, 7 laps.
>>>

>> what surprises me is that the wheels are held on by just one nut,
>> considering the tremendous forces acting on the wheels and tyres during
>> racing. F1 teams must have invented a very good wheel locking system!
>
> The old Holdens' each front wheels were secured by one castle nut.

Not correct, the nut you refer to secures the hub not the wheels.

--
Daryl

Re: F1 Racing

<2lp1ug5efr256hjfdfpvdm7jjlbq8d05q2@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9769&group=aus.cars#9769

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 14:00:33 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 03:00 UTC

On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 13:27:42 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
wrote:

>On 14/1/22 12:09 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 11:41:03 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
>> wrote:

>>> what surprises me is that the wheels are held on by just one nut,
>>> considering the tremendous forces acting on the wheels and tyres during
>>> racing. F1 teams must have invented a very good wheel locking system!
>>
>> The old Holdens' each front wheels were secured by one castle nut.
>
>Not correct, the nut you refer to secures the hub not the wheels.

Yes, that's true.

BTW there's a rumour an army chopper crashed onto a destroyer's flight
deck on landing because a pin was left out of a castle nut.

Re: F1 Racing

<j4cf8hFm0u5U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9771&group=aus.cars#9771

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 16:16:01 +1100
 by: Daryl - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 05:16 UTC

On 14/1/22 2:00 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 13:27:42 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
> wrote:
>
>> On 14/1/22 12:09 pm, Peter Jason wrote:

>>> The old Holdens' each front wheels were secured by one castle nut.
>>
>> Not correct, the nut you refer to secures the hub not the wheels.
>
> Yes, that's true.
>
> BTW there's a rumour an army chopper crashed onto a destroyer's flight
> deck on landing because a pin was left out of a castle nut.

Less likely with aircraft because all work is supposed to be double
checked and signed off but not impossible.

--
Daryl

Re: F1 Racing

<j4ckmoFn0ohU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9774&group=aus.cars#9774

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 17:48:55 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 06:48 UTC

On 14/01/2022 1:18 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 14/01/2022 12:41 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 14/01/2022 12:09 pm, Peter Jason wrote:

>> The wheels are on a splined shaft, Felix.
>

> how can they align the splines when they do it so fast?

must be some sort of auto aligning I guess

--
"his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

Re: F1 Racing

<srr9vs$298$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9784&group=aus.cars#9784

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 15:50:23 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 07:50 UTC

On 14/01/2022 9:09 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 11:41:03 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
> wrote:

>>> Nope, all you get is an *exhaust valve head* parting company with the
>>> valve stem and turning the entire engine into scrap metal, especially
>>> when said engine is at full roar. How not to win a race in one easy
>>> lesson and, according to Darren, 7 laps.
>>>

>> what surprises me is that the wheels are held on by just one nut,
>> considering the tremendous forces acting on the wheels and tyres during
>> racing. F1 teams must have invented a very good wheel locking system!
>
> The old Holdens' each front wheels were secured by one castle nut.

No the wheel was secured to the hub using wheel nuts but the hub was
secured with a single castellated nut.

> This I discovered when the service guy forgot once to replace its pin.
> Very wobbly.

Re: F1 Racing

<j4cu4qFom8lU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9789&group=aus.cars#9789

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 19:30:02 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 09:30 UTC

On 14/01/2022 3:16 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 14/1/22 2:00 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 13:27:42 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
>> wrote:

>>> Not correct, the nut you refer to secures the hub not the wheels.
>>
>> Yes, that's true.
>>
>> BTW there's a rumour an army chopper crashed onto a destroyer's flight
>> deck on landing because a pin was left out of a castle nut.
>

> Less likely with aircraft because all work is supposed to be double
> checked and signed off but not impossible.

It was a navy chopper doing humanitarian work in Nias.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/ten-face-action-over-sea-king-tragedy-20070622-gdqfz6.html

Re: F1 Racing

<j4d1g2Fpda0U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9794&group=aus.cars#9794

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 21:27:12 +1100
 by: Daryl - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 10:27 UTC

On 14/1/22 8:30 pm, keithr0 wrote:

>> Less likely with aircraft because all work is supposed to be double
>> checked and signed off but not impossible.
>>
> It was a navy chopper doing humanitarian work in Nias.
>
> https://www.smh.com.au/national/ten-face-action-over-sea-king-tragedy-20070622-gdqfz6.html

I find that pretty amazing that anyone calling themselves an aircraft
mechanic/engineer could forget to install a simple split pin, its basic
stuff.

--
Daryl

Re: F1 Racing

<j4d5keFq5rqU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9797&group=aus.cars#9797

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 21:37:50 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 11:37 UTC

On 14/01/2022 8:27 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 14/1/22 8:30 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>
>>> Less likely with aircraft because all work is supposed to be double
>>> checked and signed off but not impossible.
>>>
>> It was a navy chopper doing humanitarian work in Nias.
>>
>> https://www.smh.com.au/national/ten-face-action-over-sea-king-tragedy-20070622-gdqfz6.html
>>
> I find that pretty amazing that anyone calling themselves an aircraft
> mechanic/engineer could forget to install a simple split pin, its basic
> stuff.

I seem to remember that the problem was that an old split pin was re-used.

Re: F1 Racing

<j4eitqF40hrU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9805&group=aus.cars#9805

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 11:30:49 +1100
 by: Daryl - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 00:30 UTC

On 14/1/22 10:37 pm, keithr0 wrote:

>>> It was a navy chopper doing humanitarian work in Nias.
>>>
>>> https://www.smh.com.au/national/ten-face-action-over-sea-king-tragedy-20070622-gdqfz6.html
>>>
>> I find that pretty amazing that anyone calling themselves an aircraft
>> mechanic/engineer could forget to install a simple split pin, its
>> basic stuff.
>>

> I seem to remember that the problem was that an old split pin was re-used.

Since its an aircraft a 5cent split pin probably costs $50.00 but that's
still not an excuse for doing a doggy job on a critical part.

--
Daryl