For a holy stint, a moth of the cloth gave up his woolens for lint.

aus+uk / uk.comp.homebuilt / Re: Any experienced TeamViewer users here?

SubjectAuthor
* Any experienced TeamViewer users here?JoeJoe
+* Re: Any experienced TeamViewer users here?Adrian Caspersz
|`- Re: Any experienced TeamViewer users here?JoeJoe
`* Re: Any experienced TeamViewer users here?Robin
 `* Re: Any experienced TeamViewer users here?JoeJoe
  `* Re: Any experienced TeamViewer users here?SH
   `- Re: Any experienced TeamViewer users here?SH

1
Any experienced TeamViewer users here?

<G_WdnXxvoqpw_Af9nZ2dnUU78IPNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=890&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#890

Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
From: no...@mail.com (JoeJoe)
Subject: Any experienced TeamViewer users here?
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 11:52:28 +0100
 by: JoeJoe - Tue, 11 May 2021 10:52 UTC

Was playing with it yesterday, and managed to connect and use without a
problem to/with two separate machines - one on the other side of the
country, the other abroad.

Not that I really need it to work, but tried to connect this morning to
a PC on the home network, and it hangs on "connecting..." indefinitely...

I tried to disable the firewall on both machines, both use Bitdefender,
but no change.

Any suggestion what to try next?

Re: Any experienced TeamViewer users here?

<ifv8psFbujrU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=891&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#891

From: ema...@here.invalid (Adrian Caspersz)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Re: Any experienced TeamViewer users here?
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 12:40:43 +0100
 by: Adrian Caspersz - Tue, 11 May 2021 11:40 UTC

On 11/05/2021 11:52, JoeJoe wrote:
> Was playing with it yesterday, and managed to connect and use without a
> problem to/with two separate machines - one on the other side of the
> country, the other abroad.
>
> Not that I really need it to work, but tried to connect this morning to
> a PC on the home network, and it hangs on "connecting..." indefinitely...
>
> I tried to disable the firewall on both machines, both use Bitdefender,
> but no change.
>
> Any suggestion what to try next?

There is a log file accessible from the client Extras menu.

1. Give it time, come back in an hour
2. Drop your ISP connection, get a new IP address
3. Both machines on the same network? Use RDP, VNC, NoMachine?
4. Both machines on the internal network? Check they ping each other?
5. Both machines on the internal network? Network isolation enabled in
Router?
6. Test each outgoing to another outsider?
7. Different teamviewer versions?

--
Adrian C

Re: Any experienced TeamViewer users here?

<QJGdnWuCH7KgFwf9nZ2dnUU78fXNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=892&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#892

Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
From: no...@mail.com (JoeJoe)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 14:44:27 +0100
 by: JoeJoe - Tue, 11 May 2021 13:44 UTC

On 11/05/2021 12:40, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
> On 11/05/2021 11:52, JoeJoe wrote:
>> Was playing with it yesterday, and managed to connect and use without
>> a problem to/with two separate machines - one on the other side of the
>> country, the other abroad.
>>
>> Not that I really need it to work, but tried to connect this morning
>> to a PC on the home network, and it hangs on "connecting..."
>> indefinitely...
>>
>> I tried to disable the firewall on both machines, both use
>> Bitdefender, but no change.
>>
>> Any suggestion what to try next?

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Not at home at the moments, but will
work my way through them, later on today.

> There is a log file accessible from the client Extras menu.

> 1. Give it time, come back in an hour
It stops trying after a few minutes and just returns to the "standby"
mode, waiting for you to press "connect" again.
> 2. Drop your ISP connection, get a new IP address
I have a fixed IP address
> 3. Both machines on the same network? Use RDP, VNC, NoMachine?
The are on the same network. My network is made up of a mixture of wired
(via a switch) and wireless (using a mesh)
> 4. Both machines on the internal network? Check they ping each other?
Thank. Will try that later.
> 5. Both machines on the internal network? Network isolation enabled in
> Router?
Sorry, no idea what that means, but will investigate later today.
> 6. Test each outgoing to another outsider?
Good point. Will try.
> 7. Different teamviewer versions?
Same version.

Re: Any experienced TeamViewer users here?

<03ec7ac9-f7b9-7089-a3c2-f5c6c55d1a72@outlook.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=893&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#893

From: rbw...@outlook.com (Robin)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 14:59:04 +0100
 by: Robin - Tue, 11 May 2021 13:59 UTC

On 11/05/2021 11:52, JoeJoe wrote:
> Was playing with it yesterday, and managed to connect and use without a
> problem to/with two separate machines - one on the other side of the
> country, the other abroad.
>
> Not that I really need it to work, but tried to connect this morning to
> a PC on the home network, and it hangs on "connecting..." indefinitely...
>
> I tried to disable the firewall on both machines, both use Bitdefender,
> but no change.
>
> Any suggestion what to try next?

In case you did not see/try:

<https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/4618-can-teamviewer-be-used-within-a-local-network-lan-only>

--
Robin

Re: Any experienced TeamViewer users here?

<HrWdnZKHZ9_Kbwf9nZ2dnUU78XPNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=901&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#901

Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
From: no...@mail.com (JoeJoe)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 22:08:37 +0100
 by: JoeJoe - Tue, 11 May 2021 21:08 UTC

On 11/05/2021 14:59, Robin wrote:
> On 11/05/2021 11:52, JoeJoe wrote:
>> Was playing with it yesterday, and managed to connect and use without
>> a problem to/with two separate machines - one on the other side of the
>> country, the other abroad.
>>
>> Not that I really need it to work, but tried to connect this morning
>> to a PC on the home network, and it hangs on "connecting..."
>> indefinitely...
>>
>> I tried to disable the firewall on both machines, both use
>> Bitdefender, but no change.
>>
>> Any suggestion what to try next?
>
> In case you did not see/try:
>

> <https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/4618-can-teamviewer-be-used-within-a-local-network-lan-only>

Thanks! You are a star!

Re: Any experienced TeamViewer users here?

<s889d4$vqq$2@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=982&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#982

From: i.love.s...@spam.com (SH)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 13:34:45 +0100
 by: SH - Fri, 21 May 2021 12:34 UTC

On 21/05/2021 13:30, al...@mullen.demon.co.uk wrote:
> I have just recently moved away from TeamViewer. I used it to help a couple of relatives with their PC's so I was using under their non-commercial/home license. A few weeks ago my connection was dropped after about a minute of remote controlling my brothers PC. It said I was in breach of the licence terms and using it for commercial purposes (I wasnt). It wouldnt let me reconnect for several minutes and then when I managed to reconnect, I was disconnected again after a minute.
>
> I went through their process to get the account un-flagged as being commercially used 3 times but it still kicked me off. Oddly, when I remote controlled my brothers PC from my Android phone, I wasnt kicked off.
>
> In the end, I gave up and have moved to VNC connect.
>
> Alan

If all of you are using Windows 10, you can all use Window 10's Remote
assist......

Re: Any experienced TeamViewer users here?

<s889gd$vqq$3@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=983&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#983

From: i.love.s...@spam.com (SH)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 13:36:29 +0100
 by: SH - Fri, 21 May 2021 12:36 UTC

On 21/05/2021 13:34, SH wrote:
> On 21/05/2021 13:30, al...@mullen.demon.co.uk wrote:
>> I have just recently moved away from TeamViewer.  I used it to help a
>> couple of relatives with their PC's so I was using under their
>> non-commercial/home license.  A few weeks ago my connection was
>> dropped after about a minute of remote controlling my brothers PC.  It
>> said I was in breach of the licence terms and using it for commercial
>> purposes (I wasnt).  It wouldnt let me reconnect for several minutes
>> and then when I managed to reconnect, I was disconnected again after a
>> minute.
>>
>> I went through their process to get the account un-flagged as being
>> commercially used 3 times but it still kicked me off.  Oddly, when I
>> remote controlled my brothers PC from my Android phone, I wasnt kicked
>> off.
>>
>> In the end, I gave up and have moved to VNC connect.
>>
>> Alan
>>

> If all of you are using Windows 10, you can all use Window 10's Remote
> assist......

Sorry I meant Quick Assist rather than remote assist.

I've used it to remotely install software on a relative's machine 100
miles away.

It was as if I was pbhysically sat at their desk, as my KB and mouse in
my room also worked on their PC and I could "see" their screen.