From: Andrew...@btinternet.com (Andrew)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Thunderbird(s) 'Supernova' are go
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 15:53:48 +0100
 by: Andrew - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 14:53 UTC

Oh dear,

The next version of Thunderbird, codenamed Supernova, Version 115 is
apparently going to have a big change to the UI. Luckily, from what I
can gather there will be the option to make it look just like it does
now. Phew.

I think I will wait long while for the bugs to be ironed out.

Re: Thunderbird(s) 'Supernova' are go

<khl3q9F4rt9U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=98390&group=uk.d-i-y#98390

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Thunderbird(s) 'Supernova' are go
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 16:07:53 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 15:07 UTC

On 17/07/2023 15:53, Andrew wrote:

> The next version of Thunderbird, codenamed Supernova, Version 115 is
> apparently going to have a big change to the UI. Luckily, from what I
> can gather there will be the option to make it look just like it does
> now. Phew.

Within v115, you can't make it look like exactly like v102, but over in
a.c.s.thunderbird, I've added a few userChrome tweaks that get it close
enough for me.

> I think I will wait long while for the bugs to be ironed out.

It seems pretty stable for people that've tried it

Re: Thunderbird(s) 'Supernova' are go

<u93lqu$195j1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=98392&group=uk.d-i-y#98392

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 16:13:34 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 15:13 UTC

On 17/07/2023 16:07, Andy Burns wrote:
> On 17/07/2023 15:53, Andrew wrote:
>
>> The next version of Thunderbird, codenamed Supernova, Version 115 is
>> apparently going to have a big change to the UI. Luckily, from what I
>> can gather there will be the option to make it look just like it does
>> now. Phew.
>
> Within v115, you can't make it look like exactly like v102, but over in
> a.c.s.thunderbird, I've added a few userChrome tweaks that get it close
> enough for me.

I've added enough to make it look like Eudora..:-)

Unfortunately I now have some white on white text..

>> I think I will wait long while for the bugs to be ironed out.
>
> It seems pretty stable for people that've tried it

Its less bugs than fixing bugs that now break the workarounds you
installed last month

--
In a Time of Universal Deceit, Telling the Truth Is a Revolutionary Act.

- George Orwell