She's learned to say things with her eyes that others waste time putting into words.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

SubjectAuthor
* West of England Combined Authority has invested £92swldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedJNugent
+* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedswldx...@gmail.com
> [...]
|      `- Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedSpike
+* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedSpike
| +- Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedSpike
| `* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedJNugent
|  `- Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedSpike
+- Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedswldx...@gmail.com
|+* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedJNugent
||`* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedSpike
|| `- Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedJNugent
|`* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedSpike
| `- Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedJNugent

Pages:123
Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<bb1eb64b-5507-4963-b216-b5da428005a9n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9776&group=uk.rec.cycling#9776

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 09:27:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_West_of_England_Combined_Authority_has_invested_
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 16 May 2022 16:27 UTC

On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 11:08:50 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> > The change is also saving an estimated 10 tonnes of carbon emissions per year.
> Why doesn't anyone who rejects climate change ever write it as CO₂? That subscript is very important in chemistry.
> Shows their ignorance of the subject.

This would blow their mind!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FS5JVwSWQAUrI40?format=png&name=360x360

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo fairy-bikes

<jefch8Ftg4eU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9777&group=uk.rec.cycling#9777

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_fairy-bikes
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 16:30:32 +0000
 by: Spike - Mon, 16 May 2022 16:30 UTC

On 16/05/2022 16:17, JNugent wrote:

>>> QUOTE: thing of the past ENDS

>>> Not before time - nasty little things.

>> Just think of all the things that you need that are brought to you by
>> diesel-powered transport. Your local supermarkets could *never* be
>> restocked by a fleet of cargo bikes.

>> And when you make your visit to Camden, count the number of
>> diesel-engined means of transport you will use.

>> "Electric lorries!" you will cry, being totally incapable of
>> understanding that each EHGV will take the energy for a whole town to
>> recharge it. We don't have enough electricity to recharge 100,000 EHGVs,
>> let alone the entire fleet.

>> "More renewables!" you will cry, oblivious to the fact that for two
>> separate weeks this winter, the whole of the renewables programme
>> produced less than 10% of electrical demand.

>> "Storage batteries are the answer!" you will cry, completely ignoring
>> the fact that just one of those weeks would demand a battery farm the
>> size of Liverpool - and there would not be enough electricity to
>> recharge them!

>> "More renewables!" you will cry, except that when the wind doesn't blow
>> and the sun doesn't shine, all the renewables are worth nothing: over a
>> year, never mind a winter, wind availability averages 36% of generation
>> capacity, and solar is even worse at about 12%.

>> "You're talking rubbish!" you will cry, being totally incapable of
>> understanding that every GW of 'renewables' needs to be backed up by the
>> same GW of conventional generation, which means that the hugely
>> expensive and polluting renewables programme might as well be tossed
>> away as useless.

>> "However did we get to this?" you might ask. It's a good question.

>> "It's due to CO2!" you will cry, having being told this endlessly. But the
>> planet has been warmer than it is now, it has been colder than it is
>> now, CO2 has been higher than now, CO2 has been lower than now, and all
>> when there was no human activity of any significant kind.

> <<<applause>>>

Thanks!

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<e5ba5bad-662f-429f-920c-5987a392f72cn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9778&group=uk.rec.cycling#9778

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 09:34:23 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 16 May 2022 16:34 UTC

> The change is also saving an estimated 10 tonnes of carbon emissions per year.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/exxon-knew-about-climate-change-almost-40-years-ago/

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<jeh35hF8p39U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9780&group=uk.rec.cycling#9780

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 08:02:58 +0000
 by: Spike - Tue, 17 May 2022 08:02 UTC

On 16/05/2022 16:34, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> The change is also saving an estimated 10 tonnes of carbon emissions per year.

> https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/exxon-knew-about-climate-change-almost-40-years-ago/

Scientists discovered 'climate change' 280 years ago. Do you have a
point that you're failing to make?

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<jeh3ekF8qpaU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9782&group=uk.rec.cycling#9782

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 08:07:49 +0000
 by: Spike - Tue, 17 May 2022 08:07 UTC

On 16/05/2022 16:27, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 11:08:50 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> The change is also saving an estimated 10 tonnes of carbon emissions per year.
>> Why doesn't anyone who rejects climate change ever write it as CO₂? That subscript is very important in chemistry.

>> Shows their ignorance of the subject.

> This would blow their mind!

> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FS5JVwSWQAUrI40?format=png&name=360x360

The absorption/emission of IR from molecules such as CO2 is a physical
process, not a chemical one - the molecule concerned being chemically
unaffected by the processes. HTH.

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<d94c503a-ade4-4847-9e60-7573e4e79343n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9785&group=uk.rec.cycling#9785

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 02:29:02 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 17 May 2022 09:29 UTC

On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 5:34:24 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> > The change is also saving an estimated 10 tonnes of carbon emissions per year.
> https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/exxon-knew-about-climate-change-almost-40-years-ago/

This is where it all started:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FS8ytf_WYAYcOl8?format=jpg&name=900x900

Even they misuse CO₂ though.

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<jeha62Fa2ojU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9788&group=uk.rec.cycling#9788

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 10:02:43 +0000
 by: Spike - Tue, 17 May 2022 10:02 UTC

Talking to himself again, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Talking to himself again, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> The change is also saving an estimated 10 tonnes of carbon emissions per year.

>> https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/exxon-knew-about-climate-change-almost-40-years-ago/

> This is where it all started:

> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FS8ytf_WYAYcOl8?format=jpg&name=900x900

Nope. It all started when scientists in 1824 proposed that the
world-wide anomalies associated with glacial moraines were a feature of
a globally-changing climate - well before either the Industrial Age or
the dreaming-up of "CO2" as a money-spinner and used as a mechanism to
redistribute wealth (as admitted by a member of the IPCC in 2010).

> Even they misuse CO₂ though.

People misuse bicycles but I don't hear you complaining about it.

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<35098b7e-0eb2-43ce-987b-236f1612693dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9791&group=uk.rec.cycling#9791

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 05:54:58 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 17 May 2022 12:54 UTC

On Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 10:29:03 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 5:34:24 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > >
> > > The change is also saving an estimated 10 tonnes of carbon emissions per year.
> > https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/exxon-knew-about-climate-change-almost-40-years-ago/
> This is where it all started:
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FS8ytf_WYAYcOl8?format=jpg&name=900x900

Here is where we are today:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/oct/19/case-closed-999-of-scientists-agree-climate-emergency-caused-by-humans

99.9% agreement.

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo fairy-bikes

<jehqhrFd3qeU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9794&group=uk.rec.cycling#9794

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_fairy-bikes
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 15:42:03 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 17 May 2022 14:42 UTC

Talking to himself again:

> On Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 10:29:03 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

Talking to himself again:

>>> https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/exxon-knew-about-climate-change-almost-40-years-ago/

>> This is where it all started:
>
>> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FS8ytf_WYAYcOl8?format=jpg&name=900x900
>
> Here is where we are today:
> https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/oct/19/case-closed-999-of-scientists-agree-climate-emergency-caused-by-humans
>
> 99.9% agreement.

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<jehqtqFd92rU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9797&group=uk.rec.cycling#9797

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 14:48:27 +0000
 by: Spike - Tue, 17 May 2022 14:48 UTC

Talking to himself again, , swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Talking to himself again, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/exxon-knew-about-climate-change-almost-40-years-ago/
>> This is where it all started:

>> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FS8ytf_WYAYcOl8?format=jpg&name=900x900

> Here is where we are today:

> https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/oct/19/case-closed-999-of-scientists-agree-climate-emergency-caused-by-humans

The Guardian = no connection to reality whatsoever.

> 99.9% agreement.

By those who have their snouts in the trough.

The Earth is without form and void...

....and darkness is over the face of the deep
....and the hockey stick was a faultless piece of science
....and the Equilibrium Climate Sensitivity was 3.5degC
....and clouds and CO2 produced positive feedback
....and the climate models were accurate, precise, and fit for purpose
....and the climate models closely predicted global temperatures
....and sea levels rose at an unprecedented rate
....and the Maldives are under water
....and the polar bears have all died
....and the oceans have become acidic
....and the corals on the Great Barrier Reef have all died
....and the North West passage is open all the year round
....and batteries and renewables were to save us all
....and Father Christmas lives at the North Pole

[original idea by Chris Hogg]

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<3c37185d-771e-46eb-9a60-db6fb502126an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9801&group=uk.rec.cycling#9801

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 08:48:55 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 17 May 2022 15:48 UTC

Follow the money as always!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FS-J1GCWUAE6yX9?format=jpg&name=large

Exxon was the worst at funding denier groups.

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<jei0p1Fee0dU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9804&group=uk.rec.cycling#9804

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 16:28:17 +0000
 by: Spike - Tue, 17 May 2022 16:28 UTC

On 17/05/2022 15:48, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Follow the money as always!

> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FS-J1GCWUAE6yX9?format=jpg&name=large

> Exxon was the worst at funding denier groups.

Everyone was worst at funding alarmist groups as they didn't have a
choice but to pay through the nose for electricity.

Notice how you haven't lately heard the greenies saying how cheap
renewable electricity is.

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<144c053b-e148-4818-9c5f-15c48ddedaafn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9806&group=uk.rec.cycling#9806

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 10:21:53 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 17 May 2022 17:21 UTC

> Exxon was the worst at funding denier groups.

Since the 1970s, ExxonMobil engaged in climate research, and later began lobbying, advertising, and grant making, some of which were conducted with the purpose of delaying widespread acceptance and action on global warming.

From the late 1970s and through the 1980s, Exxon funded internal and university collaborations, broadly in line with the developing public scientific approach. From the 1980s to mid 2000s, the company was a leader in climate change denial, opposing regulations to curtail global warming. ExxonMobil funded organizations critical of the Kyoto Protocol and sought to undermine public opinion about the scientific consensus that global warming is caused by the burning of fossil fuels. Exxon helped to found and lead the Global Climate Coalition of businesses opposed to the regulation of greenhouse gas emissions. More recently it has expressed support for a carbon tax and the Paris agreement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExxonMobil_climate_change_controversy

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<jejp0sFogpoU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9816&group=uk.rec.cycling#9816

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 08:28:13 +0000
 by: Spike - Wed, 18 May 2022 08:28 UTC

On 17/05/2022 17:21, swldx...@gmail.com wrote
>> Exxon was the worst at funding denier groups.

> Since the 1970s, ExxonMobil engaged in climate research, and later began lobbying, advertising, and grant making, some of which were conducted with the purpose of delaying widespread acceptance and action on global warming.

> From the late 1970s and through the 1980s, Exxon funded internal and university collaborations, broadly in line with the developing public scientific approach. From the 1980s to mid 2000s, the company was a leader in climate change denial, opposing regulations to curtail global warming. ExxonMobil funded organizations critical of the Kyoto Protocol and sought to undermine public opinion about the scientific consensus that global warming is caused by the burning of fossil fuels. Exxon helped to found and lead the Global Climate Coalition of businesses opposed to the regulation of greenhouse gas emissions. More recently it has expressed support for a carbon tax and the Paris agreement.

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExxonMobil_climate_change_controversy

the Danish-Norwegian geologist Jens Esmark (1762–1839) argued for a
sequence of worldwide ice ages. In a paper published in 1824, Esmark
proposed changes in climate as the cause of those glaciations. He
attempted to show that they originated from changes in Earth's orbit.[19]

Swiss civil engineer Ignaz Venetz (1788–1859) explained the dispersal of
erratic boulders in the Alps, the nearby Jura Mountains, and the North
German Plain as being due to huge glaciers. When he read his paper
before the Swiss Society for Natural Research,
*most scientists remained sceptical*[26]

Agassiz appears to have been already familiar with Bernhardi's paper at
that time.[29] At the beginning of 1837, Schimper coined the term "ice
age" ("Eiszeit") for the period of the glaciers.[30] In July 1837
Agassiz presented their synthesis before the annual meeting of the Swiss
Society for Natural Research at Neuchâtel.

*The audience was very critical*, and some were opposed to the new theory
because it *contradicted the established opinions* on climatic history.
Most contemporary scientists thought that Earth had been gradually
cooling down since its birth as a molten globe.[31]

*It took several decades* before the ice age theory
*was fully accepted by scientists*

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age>

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<b680332a-8212-48b4-a3a0-ea1a2c82335an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9821&group=uk.rec.cycling#9821

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 02:54:06 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 18 May 2022 09:54 UTC

On Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 6:21:55 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Exxon was the worst at funding denier groups.

Proof if proof is needed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FTCCMIXXEAAfHvK?format=jpg&name=small

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<jek9mnFrhufU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9826&group=uk.rec.cycling#9826

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 13:12:56 +0000
 by: Spike - Wed, 18 May 2022 13:12 UTC

On 18/05/2022 09:54, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 6:21:55 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Exxon was the worst at funding denier groups.

> Proof if proof is needed.

> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FTCCMIXXEAAfHvK?format=jpg&name=small

Proof if proof were needed...

Spot the start of the Industrial Age:

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_England_temperature#/media/File:20190731_Central_England_Temperature_(CET)_(annual_mean,_beginning_in_1659).png>

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<b0180a1b-cd78-47df-9181-8b22774cdefan@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9833&group=uk.rec.cycling#9833

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 08:45:02 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 18 May 2022 15:45 UTC

On Wednesday, May 18, 2022 at 10:54:07 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 6:21:55 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Exxon was the worst at funding denier groups.
> Proof if proof is needed.
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FTCCMIXXEAAfHvK?format=jpg&name=small

Coincides with this stunning increase in a greenhouse gas.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FTDSruVXwAAJmtx?format=jpg&name=small

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<jekn74Fu28hU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9839&group=uk.rec.cycling#9839

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 17:03:33 +0000
 by: Spike - Wed, 18 May 2022 17:03 UTC

On 18/05/2022 15:45, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> Proof if proof is needed.

>> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FTCCMIXXEAAfHvK?format=jpg&name=small

> Coincides with this stunning increase in a greenhouse gas.

> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FTDSruVXwAAJmtx?format=jpg&name=small

Correlation is not causation. HTH.

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<f47c20b3-438a-463c-b4ba-d1612950fa2cn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9841&group=uk.rec.cycling#9841

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 10:10:13 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 18 May 2022 17:10 UTC

> The change is also saving an estimated 10 tonnes of carbon emissions per year.

2021 joins top 7 warmest years on record: WMO

Global warming and other long-term climate change trends are expected to continue as a result of record levels of heat-trapping greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, the agency said.

The average global temperature in 2021 was about 1.11 (± 0.13) °C above the pre-industrial era levels. The Paris Agreement calls for all countries to strive towards a limit of 1.5°C of global warming through concerted climate action and realistic Nationally Determined Contributions – the individual country plans that need to become a reality to slow down the rate of heating.

WMO said that it uses six international datasets “to ensure the most comprehensive, authoritative temperature assessment”, and the same data are used in its authoritative annual State of the Climate reports.

Since the 1980s, each decade has been warmer than the previous one, said WMO and “this is expected to continue.

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<jekqgqF822U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9842&group=uk.rec.cycling#9842

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 17:59:55 +0000
 by: Spike - Wed, 18 May 2022 17:59 UTC

On 18/05/2022 17:10, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> The change is also saving an estimated 10 tonnes of carbon emissions per year.

> 2021 joins top 7 warmest years on record: WMO

No it doesn't.

It was between 2.0 and 2.5degC warmer at the start of the Holocene -
when the number of humans about was a very tiny proportion of the
present levels.

Oh! The CO2 levels then were half what they are now.

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<1e4f6493-98b5-4a74-91a9-4a0bf1268e5bn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9843&group=uk.rec.cycling#9843

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 11:23:08 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 18 May 2022 18:23 UTC

> Paul Griffiths, who is taking part in the BRI trial, highlighted this when speaking to the BBC.

The BBC? That pinko leftie news outlet - the same one that had that far right racist spiv, Farage on Question Time for a record number of appearances. :-)

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17631396.bbc-explaining-record-farage-question-time-appearance/

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<jemc1nF939bU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9844&group=uk.rec.cycling#9844

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 08:05:13 +0000
 by: Spike - Thu, 19 May 2022 08:05 UTC

On 18/05/2022 17:59, Spike wrote:
> On 18/05/2022 17:10, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> The change is also saving an estimated 10 tonnes of carbon emissions per year.

>> 2021 joins top 7 warmest years on record: WMO

> No it doesn't.

> It was between 2.0 and 2.5degC warmer at the start of the Holocene -
> when the number of humans about was a very tiny proportion of the
> present levels.

Human population at the start of the current interglacial period has
been estimated to be be between 1m and 10m.

> Oh! The CO2 levels then were half what they are now.

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<f07bc933-0bc4-4173-a56d-88615d7d2b18n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9845&group=uk.rec.cycling#9845

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 03:24:26 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 19 May 2022 10:24 UTC

On Thursday, May 12, 2022 at 1:25:00 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
3.

> “If we are going to reach our ambitious net zero targets, we urgently need to put on the brakes and re-evaluate how goods move across our region,” said Metro Mayor Dan Norris. “I’ve spoken to many smaller businesses who sing the praises of electric bikes, but getting these larger organisations to sign up is a significant step.

Exactly what Ford is also doing.

We are already working hard to bring about the electrification revolution – targeting 600,000 all-electric vehicle sales by 2026. By 2035, we will achieve zero emissions for all vehicle sales and carbon neutrality across our European footprint of facilities, logistics and suppliers.

But there is something else we can all do, right now. Park the car.

https://www.ford.co.uk/experience-ford/ford-blog/new-initiative-park-the-car

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo fairy-bikes

<jemlqcFau6jU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9846&group=uk.rec.cycling#9846

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_fairy-bikes
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 11:51:55 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 19 May 2022 10:51 UTC

On 18/05/2022 06:59 pm, Spike wrote:

> On 18/05/2022 17:10, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>> The change is also saving an estimated 10 tonnes of carbon emissions per year.
>
>> 2021 joins top 7 warmest years on record: WMO

> No it doesn't.
>
> It was between 2.0 and 2.5degC warmer at the start of the Holocene -
> when the number of humans about was a very tiny proportion of the
> present levels.

But as few as they might have been, they must all have been driving
Beemers, Audis (Mason's bêtes noires) and Humvees.

It stands ter reason, dunnit?

I mean what ELSE could possibly have caused those temperatures?

> Oh! The CO2 levels then were half what they are now.

Heresy!

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo fairy-bikes

<jemluiFau6jU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9847&group=uk.rec.cycling#9847

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_fairy-bikes
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 11:54:09 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 19 May 2022 10:54 UTC

On 19/05/2022 11:24 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

Talking to himself (again):

> On Thursday, May 12, 2022 at 1:25:00 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

Quoting:
>> “If we are going to reach our ambitious net zero targets, we urgently need to put on the brakes and re-evaluate how goods move across our region,” said Metro Mayor Dan Norris. “I’ve spoken to many smaller businesses who sing the praises of electric bikes, but getting these larger organisations to sign up is a significant step.

SM:
> Exactly what Ford is also doing.
>
> We are already working hard to bring about the electrification revolution – targeting 600,000 all-electric vehicle sales by 2026. By 2035, we will achieve zero emissions for all vehicle sales and carbon neutrality across our European footprint of facilities, logistics and suppliers.
>
> But there is something else we can all do, right now. Park the car.
>
> https://www.ford.co.uk/experience-ford/ford-blog/new-initiative-park-the-car

My car is parked. Off the road. it is in that position most of the time.
If only you could say the same of every car, eh?