"All Bibles are man-made." -- Thomas Edison

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo fairy-bikes

SubjectAuthor
* West of England Combined Authority has invested £92swldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedJNugent
+* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedswldx...@gmail.com
> [...]
|      `- Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedSpike
+* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedSpike
| +- Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedSpike
| `* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedJNugent
|  `- Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedSpike
+- Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedswldx...@gmail.com
|+* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedJNugent
||`* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedSpike
|| `- Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedJNugent
|`* Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedSpike
| `- Re: West of England Combined Authority has investedJNugent

Pages:123
Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<jemp52FbinbU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9849&group=uk.rec.cycling#9849

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_West_of_England_Combined_Authority_has_invested_
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 11:48:51 +0000
 by: Spike - Thu, 19 May 2022 11:48 UTC

The Gospel According To swldx...@gmail.com:

> We are already working hard to bring about the electrification revolution – targeting 600,000 all-electric vehicle sales by 2026.

According to business news on the radio, most electric cars have been
sold to companies rather than individuals.

> By 2035, we will achieve zero [LOCAL] emissions for all vehicle sales and carbon neutrality across our European footprint of facilities, logistics and suppliers.

It's [LOCAL] because the pollution arises elsewhere.

Currently the strike price for established wind farms is £34 per MWh,
but 'green subsidies' paid for by the consumer run at some £134 per MWh.
No wonder they are laughingly called 'subsidy farms'.

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo fairy-bikes

<jemp7qFbinbU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9850&group=uk.rec.cycling#9850

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_fairy-bikes
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 11:50:19 +0000
 by: Spike - Thu, 19 May 2022 11:50 UTC

On 19/05/2022 10:51, JNugent wrote:
> [...]

>>> 2021 joins top 7 warmest years on record: WMO

>> No it doesn't.

>> It was between 2.0 and 2.5degC warmer at the start of the Holocene -
>> when the number of humans about was a very tiny proportion of the
>> present levels.

> But as few as they might have been, they must all have been driving
> Beemers, Audis (Mason's bêtes noires) and Humvees.

> It stands ter reason, dunnit?

> I mean what ELSE could possibly have caused those temperatures?

>> Oh! The CO2 levels then were half what they are now.

> Heresy!

LOL

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo fairy-bikes

<jempbbFbinbU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9851&group=uk.rec.cycling#9851

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_fairy-bikes
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 11:52:12 +0000
 by: Spike - Thu, 19 May 2022 11:52 UTC

On 19/05/2022 10:54, JNugent wrote:
> On 19/05/2022 11:24 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> But there is something else we can all do, right now. Park the car.

>> https://www.ford.co.uk/experience-ford/ford-blog/new-initiative-park-the-car

> My car is parked. Off the road. it is in that position most of the time.
> If only you could say the same of every car, eh?

Recent postings on here have shown the cycling community to be
vehemently against parked cars.

Do they know what they really want?

--
Spike

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<jemrl6Fc2m5U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9852&group=uk.rec.cycling#9852

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 13:31:33 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 19 May 2022 12:31 UTC

On 19/05/2022 12:48 pm, Spike wrote:

> The Gospel According To swldx...@gmail.com:
>
>> We are already working hard to bring about the electrification revolution – targeting 600,000 all-electric vehicle sales by 2026.
>
> According to business news on the radio, most electric cars have been
> sold to companies rather than individuals.
>
>> By 2035, we will achieve zero [LOCAL] emissions for all vehicle sales and carbon neutrality across our European footprint of facilities, logistics and suppliers.
>
> It's [LOCAL] because the pollution arises elsewhere.

Indeed.

The only way to approach zero emissions is to establish a proper
motivation for it.

A good start would be the banning and closing down of all power stations
in rural and coastal locations and the building of replacements ONLY in
Central and Inner London, as well as the centres of other conurbations.

Then their residents would start to understand that electric cars don't
cut any emissions at all.

> Currently the strike price for established wind farms is £34 per MWh,
> but 'green subsidies' paid for by the consumer run at some £134 per MWh.
> No wonder they are laughingly called 'subsidy farms'.

The Green Levy on domestic fuel is a sin crying out to heaven for vengeance.

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo fairy-bikes

<jemtclFccmcU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9853&group=uk.rec.cycling#9853

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_fairy-bikes
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 14:01:08 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 19 May 2022 13:01 UTC

On 19/05/2022 12:52 pm, Spike wrote:

> On 19/05/2022 10:54, JNugent wrote:
>> On 19/05/2022 11:24 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>> But there is something else we can all do, right now. Park the car.
>
>>> https://www.ford.co.uk/experience-ford/ford-blog/new-initiative-park-the-car
>
>> My car is parked. Off the road. it is in that position most of the time.
>> If only you could say the same of every car, eh?
>
> Recent postings on here have shown the cycling community to be
> vehemently against parked cars.
>
> Do they know what they really want?

Much Ado About Nothing
Act 1; Scene 3:

"DON JOHN (the archetypical fairy-cyclist):

I had rather be a canker in a hedge than a rose in
his grace, and it better fits my blood to be
disdained of all than to fashion a carriage to rob
love from any: in this, though I cannot be said to
be a flattering honest man, it must not be denied
but I am a plain-dealing villain."

Iago (in another of the plays) is much the same.

Re: West of England Combined Authority has invested £920,000 in fleet of e-cargo bikes

<b4ed83a1-7114-44e8-95e8-b6eb2d2a18f2n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9855&group=uk.rec.cycling#9855

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 06:34:55 -0700 (PDT)
£920,000_in_fleet_of_e-cargo_bikes
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 19 May 2022 13:34 UTC

> "We're going to be transporting all devices, laptops, desktops, printers and screens and some medical supplies and notes,” he said. "The parking with these is ten times easier than the massive vans and we can use bus lanes which is much quicker as well."

How odd - the late Medway Bodge Job used to insist that it was not possible to transport goods such as these in anything other than motor transport.