Was my SOY LOAF left out in th'RAIN? It tastes REAL GOOD!!

aus+uk / uk.rec.gardening / A good year for cow parsley?

SubjectAuthor
* A good year for cow parsley?Vir Campestris
+* Re: A good year for cow parsley?The Natural Philosopher
|`- Re: A good year for cow parsley?Andy Burns
`- Re: A good year for cow parsley?Nick Maclaren

1
A good year for cow parsley?

<s90vg3$3ou$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=986&group=uk.rec.gardening#986

From: vir.camp...@invalid.invalid (Vir Campestris)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: A good year for cow parsley?
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 22:18:59 +0100
 by: Vir Campestris - Sun, 30 May 2021 21:18 UTC

Enormous swathes of it in the verges and paths this year - the first
time I've ever noticed it having a scent.

Is this just local (Cambs) or is it nationwide?

Andy

Re: A good year for cow parsley?

<s927o1$a4p$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=987&group=uk.rec.gardening#987

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Re: A good year for cow parsley?
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 09:45:53 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Mon, 31 May 2021 08:45 UTC

On 30/05/2021 22:18, Vir Campestris wrote:
> Enormous swathes of it in the verges and paths this year - the first
> time I've ever noticed it having a scent.
>
> Is this just local (Cambs) or is it nationwide?
>
> Andy

It is always there - a perpetual road hazard
I've just mowed back about 40 yards to try and regain visibility exiting
my drive and may take a strimmer to more

Whether it is more this year than last I can not not say - the very wet
weather and the sudden increase in temperature has been like a starting
pistol to most weeds...

and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally
important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for
the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the
truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Joseph Goebbels

Re: A good year for cow parsley?

<s92gbj$tku$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=988&group=uk.rec.gardening#988

From: nmm...@wheeler.UUCP (Nick Maclaren)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 11:12:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Nick Maclaren - Mon, 31 May 2021 11:12 UTC

In article <s90vg3$3ou$1@dont-email.me>,
Vir Campestris <vir.campestris@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>Enormous swathes of it in the verges and paths this year - the first
>time I've ever noticed it having a scent.
>
>Is this just local (Cambs) or is it nationwide?

We can smell many things only on warm, sunny, calm days at exactly
the right time of flowering; it always has had a scent. There may
be more of it around here than in most places, but it's very common.
Yes, it's a good year for it.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Re: A good year for cow parsley?

<ihkh3qFmdl5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=991&group=uk.rec.gardening#991

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 17:27:35 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Mon, 31 May 2021 16:27 UTC

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

> the very wet weather and the sudden increase in temperature has been
> like a starting pistol to most weeds...

Tell me about it, end of march/start of april I'd got my field/building
plot pretty well clear of weeds, then for $VARIOUS reasons haven't been
able to visit at all, the weeds have gone apeshit, I went through half a
dozen batteries and four spools of line on the brush cutter, still
trying to convince myself that I did over 1/3 of it, but in reality I
doubt I even did 1/4.

Not much cow parsley though ...