"It is hard to overstate the debt that we owe to men and women of genius." -- Robert G. Ingersoll

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surface

SubjectAuthor
* Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surfaceJeSSe
+* Re: Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surfaceJeSSe
|`* Re: Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surfaceThe Happy Hippy
| `* Re: Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surfaceJeSSe
|  `- Re: Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surfaceThe Happy Hippy
`* Re: Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surfaceThe Happy Hippy
 `* Re: Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surfaceJeSSe
  `* Re: Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surfaceThe Happy Hippy
   `* Re: Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surfaceJeSSe
    `- Re: Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surfaceThe Happy Hippy

1
Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surface

<3F_mM.3$elA.0@fx36.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9866&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9866

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Subject: Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surface
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 14:06:55 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 18:06 UTC

Still hearing those perfectly timed banging sounds, Xippy ?

```````````````

Debris from doomed Titan sub - including nose with porthole for Titanic
Five to view wreck - is brought ashore to Canada 10 days after
'catastrophic implosion' 12,500ft below Atlantic killed them all

Large chunks of the Titan submersible have been pulled from the
Atlantic ocean
The vessel suffered a 'catastrophic implosion' with five people on
board during a journey to the site of the Titanic's wreckage
The U.S. Coast Guard has led a mission to recover what remains of
Titan and investigate the cause of the disaster

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12243189/Mangled-debris-Titan-sub-hauled-ashore-Canada.html

Re: Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surface

<PH_mM.4$elA.2@fx36.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9867&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9867

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 14:09:50 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 18:09 UTC

JeSSe wrote:
> Still hearing those perfectly timed banging sounds, Xippy ?
>
> ```````````````
>

> Debris from doomed Titan sub - including nose with porthole for Titanic
> Five to view wreck - is brought ashore to Canada 10 days after
> 'catastrophic implosion' 12,500ft below Atlantic killed them all
>
>     Large chunks of the Titan submersible have been pulled from the
> Atlantic ocean
>     The vessel suffered a 'catastrophic implosion' with five people on
> board during a journey to the site of the Titanic's wreckage
>     The U.S. Coast Guard has led a mission to recover what remains of
> Titan and investigate the cause of the disaster
>
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12243189/Mangled-debris-Titan-sub-hauled-ashore-Canada.html

It appears the lifting strap goes right through the viewing port and the
plexiglas bubble isn't there. So they'll try to determine if the port
failed and caused the accident, or the accident caused the port to fail.

Re: Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surface

<20230629115145.00007cd4@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9892&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9892

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 11:51:45 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 10:51 UTC

On Wed, 28 Jun 2023 14:06:55 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Still hearing those perfectly timed banging sounds, Xippy ?

I never claimed to. It was the USCG who reported those.

Re: Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surface

<20230629144621.00000fa2@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9898&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9898

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 14:46:21 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 13:46 UTC

On Wed, 28 Jun 2023 14:09:50 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> It appears the lifting strap goes right through the viewing port and
> the plexiglas bubble isn't there. So they'll try to determine if the
> port failed and caused the accident, or the accident caused the port
> to fail.

Or if it were intact and attached and removed to allow the strap to be used.

The anti-OceanGate propagandists have become obsessed with viewing port failure since hearing it wasn't certified beyond a certain depth.

Their invented narrative is, because it wasn't certified, it couldn't have survived the depth it was taken to. Despite it having survived such depths during other descents.

It's more likely the hull itself collapsed or the connecting rings between the carbon fibre body and titanium end caps failed.

But it's a witch hunt so the propagandists don't care about fact or engineering science. That's why they have latched onto the Xbox controller being used, despite it being entirely appropriate for the job it had to do.

Re: Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surface

<J7hnM.357$edN3.161@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9905&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9905

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 11:08:24 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 15:08 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jun 2023 14:09:50 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> It appears the lifting strap goes right through the viewing port and
>> the plexiglas bubble isn't there. So they'll try to determine if the
>> port failed and caused the accident, or the accident caused the port
>> to fail.
>
> Or if it were intact and attached and removed to allow the strap to be used.

No retard, it was lifted from the sea bed like this, no ROV unbolted the
port.

> The anti-OceanGate propagandists have become obsessed with viewing port failure since hearing it wasn't certified beyond a certain depth.

"anti-OceanGate propagandists" ? Guess that makes you a pro-OceanGate
propagandists then [sure not many of those]

> Their invented narrative is, because it wasn't certified, it couldn't have survived the depth it was taken to. Despite it having survived such depths during other descents.

No retard, more of your made up bullshit.
Early on it was rightly seen as a potential failure point since it
wasn't rated for even half the depth that Retard Rush took it down to -
And even at this point, with a pic of it blown out, I wait for evidence,
unlike you.

> It's more likely the hull itself collapsed or the connecting rings between the carbon fibre body and titanium end caps failed.

No shit Sherlock - What made you finally see the light after posting
this just days ago ?

> the fear-mongering around catastrophic design flaws was seemingly just that

You were wrong AGAIN, just like your "banging sounds proved they were
alive" fiasco

> But it's a witch hunt so the propagandists don't care about fact or engineering science. That's why they have latched onto the Xbox controller being used, despite it being entirely appropriate for the job it had to do.

Problem wasn't the controller itself problem was being wireless, prone
to lag and connection issues as even a cursory review of the 100's of
negative reviews it got, not a good idea 12,000 ft under the sea with
paying customers.
You knee jerk defend this POS just as you defend POS Putrid, POS Xiden ect

Re: Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surface

<AQhnM.1729$fNr5.393@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9909&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9909

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 11:56:14 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 15:56 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jun 2023 14:06:55 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> Still hearing those perfectly timed banging sounds, Xippy ?
>
> I never claimed to. It was the USCG who reported those.

Which you instantly latched on to as solid proof that they were still
alive, and speculation about design flaws leading to catastrophic
failure was just fear mongering - And both WERE WRONG [as usual]

You in fact have a near perfect track record of being wrong, you ought
to bow out of this topic before fucking up even more

Re: Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surface

<20230629173934.00000e9c@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9913&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9913

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 17:39:34 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 16:39 UTC

On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 11:08:24 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> "anti-OceanGate propagandists" ? Guess that makes you a pro-OceanGate
> propagandists then

No. But you are an American retard so cognitively impaired that you cannot even comprehend that exposing your lies isn't the same as defending those you attack.

Re: Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surface

<20230629174252.00000c65@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9914&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9914

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 17:42:52 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 16:42 UTC

On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 11:56:14 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> The Happy Hippy wrote:
> > On Wed, 28 Jun 2023 14:06:55 -0400
> > JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Still hearing those perfectly timed banging sounds, Xippy ?
> >
> > I never claimed to. It was the USCG who reported those.
> >
> Which you instantly latched on to

No, I latched onto experts saying that what USCG had told them was 'proof of life'.

Re: Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surface

<a9knM.360$edN3.225@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9919&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9919

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 14:34:45 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 18:34 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 11:56:14 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> The Happy Hippy wrote:

>>> I never claimed to. It was the USCG who reported those.
>>>
>> Which you instantly latched on to
>
> No, I latched onto experts saying that what USCG had told them was 'proof of life'.

CG said no such thing liar, they were ambiguous about it from start to
finish, as was I - But not you, you instantly stated it proves they were
alive and the sub was intact.
No sense trying to counter continues waves of obsessed wingnut bullshit
with actual facts, fuck yourself.

Re: Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surface

<20230630114834.00007a54@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9932&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9932

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 11:48:34 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 10:48 UTC

On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 14:34:45 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> The Happy Hippy wrote:
> > On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 11:56:14 -0400
> > JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> >> Which you instantly latched on to
> >
> > No, I latched onto experts saying that what USCG had told them was
> > 'proof of life'.
> CG said no such thing liar, they were ambiguous about it from start
> to finish

Emails from USCG to DHS reported banging which was consistent with 'proof of life' signalling and experts determined that to be the case, that it couldn't be anything else.

No one has provided any credible explanation as to how it could have been anything other than a 'proof of life' signal.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Titanium caps of wrecked submersible brought to the surface