Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Staying Alert Play Want Bin (PWBE 10 May 2021)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 08:48:38 -0500
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 10 May 2021 13:48 UTC

Back to the pubs! Let's have a concert! Let's pack 500,000 people into
Wembley stadium and have a foot fight! What could go wrong?

Play:
--=--

Hellpoint (Switch) - Whoops, stumbled into the default 'good' ending by
mistake, which is the one that just resets everything and dumps you back
into New Game Plus mode with all your gear. Armed with foreknowledge and
too much equipment, I was able to beat the three initial bosses again
quickly and find my way back to the ending area, where I discovered that I
missed a critical NPC dialogue that you have to have to unlock the 'true
final' ending or whatever it is they call it. And the fight that goes with
that condition is utter crap. It's a big boss floating up in the air
lobbing area-of-effect attacks at you while another little boss on the
ground tanks and hits you with staggering attacks. It's completely unlike
any other fight you have in the game, and it's counter to the spirit of a
Souls-like in that it's prioritising the action over the narrative. I
might be inspired to spend a few more weeks levelling up and improving
equipment if I hadn't already gone and watched the ending on Youtube. I'm
calling this done.

Hades (Switch) - Well this is weirdly too far in the other direction. It's
a really good-looking game and it's obviously very well crafted, but I
feel like there isn't very much to do. Watch and learn the enemy patterns,
and then just wail on them all with quick attack until the room unlocks.
The story being told feels very much like somebody wanted to do God of War
but with less sex and some violence with actual purpose, and while that's
perfect commendable my first impression is that there needs to be more
game. Let's see if it grows on me over the next few weeks.

Want:
--=--

My remaining Limited Run orders - Limited Run is facing many, many angry
buyers who are not getting things they ordered. I have about three or four
other orders outstanding that I hope to get in the next couple of months so
that I can cut ties cleanly. Assuming they last that long.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related. I'm not thrilled about being back at work after a
week off. I don't know that I even remember what my job is.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $1,588

-KKC, who doesn't like his work assignment today.
--
-- "People with happy families don't become spies. A bad | kendrick
childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You | @

Re: Staying Alert Play Want Bin (PWBE 10 May 2021)

<OCsmI.459605$hcZe.388941@usenetxs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=988&group=uk.games.video.misc#988

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Staying Alert Play Want Bin (PWBE 10 May 2021)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 10:02:22 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Tue, 11 May 2021 10:02 UTC

> Play:

Outrun 2006 (PSP) - mostly arcade mode.

> Want:

To play some (simulated) pinball, it's been a while. I vaguely
remember buying the AC/DC table for The Pinball Arcade then not
playing it much, so maybe that.

> Bin:

Nothing.

-Rus.

Re: Staying Alert Play Want Bin (PWBE 10 May 2021)

<ifvofqFevaeU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=989&group=uk.games.video.misc#989

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: 11 May 2021 16:08:27 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Tue, 11 May 2021 16:08 UTC

On 10 May 2021 at 14:48:38 BST, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> Back to the pubs! Let's have a concert! Let's pack 500,000 people into
> Wembley stadium and have a foot fight! What could go wrong?

Over 60% have been half-vaccinated! It'll be fiiiiiiine, our floppy
lovable muppet of a leader said so.

Lick your neighbours.

> Play:
> --=--

Not a lot. I've just run through the Papetura demo and now downloading
the bought game (steam/mac). Otherwise I've played a session of Divinity
Original Sin 2 Advanced R DX: The Dungeoning (steam/win) and a spot of
Monster Hunter World: It's Not An MMO (PS5), with mild progression in
both. Poor Gus lost a month of progress due to Sony's aggravating thing
where your secondary PS4/5 doesn't automatically sync saves up to PSN,
and his PS4 died.

I think I've had a session or two of Beat Saber (the VRs). Still good.
Must play Pistol Whipped sometime.

> Want:
> --=--

I have enough games now thank you.

My surface mount soldering practice kits just turned up, so when I'm
feeling less fuzzy I shall be having a go at those with my existing
soldering iron kit and finding out if I need to upgrade to a better one
and/or hot air station. Hoping for warmer weather so I can at least do
that with the window open to minimise lead poisoning.

> Bin:
> -==-

Recovery periods. After surgery, that is. Takes ages.

Cheers - Jaimie

--
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.