I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature. -- Thomas Jefferson

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Driver accused of killing Dumbarton cyclist while under the influence of seven drugs

SubjectAuthor
* Driver accused of killing Dumbarton cyclist while under the influenceswldx...@gmail.com
`- Re: Driver accused of killing Dumbarton cyclist while under theJNugent

1
Driver accused of killing Dumbarton cyclist while under the influence of seven drugs

<61c1fcad-9833-462e-b1c3-2cf27d9796adn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9894&group=uk.rec.cycling#9894

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 10:19:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Driver accused of killing Dumbarton cyclist while under the influence
of seven drugs
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 21 May 2022 17:19 UTC

Jailtime ahead.

A DRIVER is to stand trial charged with killing a cyclist while under the influence of seven drugs.

Scott MacKinnon is accused of hitting Colin McCourt, 40, on the A814 road near Cardross, Argyll and Bute on November 10 2020.

Prosecutors allege the 46-year-old, of Helensburgh, also Argyll and Bute, was driving at excessive speeds for the conditions.

It is said he was unfit to be behind the wheel due to seven different drugs which are listed including street Valium and morphine.

The indictment further claims MacKinnon drove into the path of oncoming traffic, which he failed to correct.

It is alleged he partially mounted the pavement before colliding Mr McCourt, who was riding his bike on the road.

MacKinnon is then accused of hitting another car and losing control of his own motor, which overturned.

It is said both vehicles as well as the bike were damaged and that Mr McCourt, of Dumbarton, Dunbartonshire, was so severely hurt, he passed away.

MacKinnon yesterday denied a charge of causing death by dangerous driving during a hearing at the High Court in Glasgow.

Both his lawyer Janice Green and prosecutor Neil McCulloch agreed a trial could be fixed.

Lord Doherty set a trial due to begin next February.

MacKinnon remains on bail meantime.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/scottish-news/20155609.driver-accused-killing-dumbarton-cyclist-influence-seven-drugs/

Re: Driver accused of killing Dumbarton cyclist while under the influence of seven drugs

<jeukciFqh8cU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9904&group=uk.rec.cycling#9904

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Driver accused of killing Dumbarton cyclist while under the
influence of seven drugs
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 12:16:34 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 22 May 2022 11:16 UTC

On 22/05/2022 12:16 am, Bret Cahill wrote:

>> Jailtime ahead.
>>
>> A DRIVER is to stand trial charged with killing a cyclist while under the influence of seven drugs.
>>
>> Scott MacKinnon is accused of hitting Colin McCourt, 40, on the A814 road near Cardross, Argyll and Bute on November 10 2020.
>>
>> Prosecutors allege the 46-year-old, of Helensburgh, also Argyll and Bute, was driving at excessive speeds for the conditions.
>>
>> It is said he was unfit to be behind the wheel due to seven different drugs which are listed including street Valium and morphine.
>>
>> The indictment further claims MacKinnon drove into the path of oncoming traffic, which he failed to correct.
>>
>> It is alleged he partially mounted the pavement before colliding Mr McCourt, who was riding his bike on the road.
>>
>> MacKinnon is then accused of hitting another car and losing control of his own motor, which overturned.
>>
>> It is said both vehicles as well as the bike were damaged and that Mr McCourt, of Dumbarton, Dunbartonshire, was so severely hurt, he passed away.
>>
>> MacKinnon yesterday denied a charge of causing death by dangerous driving during a hearing at the High Court in Glasgow.
>>
>> Both his lawyer Janice Green and prosecutor Neil McCulloch agreed a trial could be fixed.
>>
>> Lord Doherty set a trial due to begin next February.
>>
>> MacKinnon remains on bail meantime.
>>
>> https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/scottish-news/20155609.driver-accused-killing-dumbarton-cyclist-influence-seven-drugs/
>
> Two weeks ago a woman was speeding through a stop sign and instead of slowing when she discovered I was in her path swerved into oncoming traffic.

How many oncoming vehicles did she hit?