"I'm a mean green mother from outer space" -- Audrey II, The Little Shop of Horrors

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: Help, please - Usenet access

SubjectAuthor
* Help, please - Usenet accessJohn Armstrong
+* Re: Help, please - Usenet accessAndy Burns
|+- Re: Help, please - Usenet accessIan Jackson
|`* Re: Help, please - Usenet accessJohn Armstrong
| +* Re: Help, please - Usenet accessBrian Gaff
| |`- Re: Help, please - Usenet accessJohn Armstrong
| `* Re: Help, please - Usenet accessTheo
|  `* Re: Help, please - Usenet accessAndy Burns
|   `- Re: Help, please - Usenet accessJohn Armstrong
+* Re: Help, please - Usenet accessJoe
|`* Re: Help, please - Usenet accessAdrian
| `* Re: Help, please - Usenet accessJoe
|  +- Re: Help, please - Usenet accessSteveW
|  `- Re: Help, please - Usenet accessThe Natural Philosopher
+* Re: Help, please - Usenet accessPaul
|`* Re: Help, please - Usenet accessSH
| +* Re: Help, please - Usenet accessAndy Burns
| |`* Re: Help, please - Usenet accessSH
| | `- Re: Help, please - Usenet accessAndy Burns
| +* Re: Help, please - Usenet accessThe Natural Philosopher
| |+* Re: Help, please - Usenet accessJohn Armstrong
| ||`- Re: Help, please - Usenet accessAndy Burns
| |`- Re: Help, please - Usenet accessAndy Burns
| `* Re: Help, please - Usenet accesscharles
|  `- Re: Help, please - Usenet accessIan Jackson
+- Re: Help, please - Usenet accessMark
+- Re: Help, please - Usenet accessAndy Bennett
+* Re: Help, please - Usenet accessBrian Howie
|`- Re: Help, please - Usenet accessbrian
+- Re: Help, please - Usenet accessPomegranate Bastard
`- Re: Help, please - Usenet accessmechanic

Pages:12
Re: Help, please - Usenet access

<d355da90-e994-084f-b864-b03d21db3b46@blueyonder.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99118&group=uk.d-i-y#99118

From: jja...@blueyonder.co.uk (John Armstrong)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Help, please - Usenet access
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 08:48:48 +0100
 by: John Armstrong - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 07:48 UTC

On 22/07/2023 11:10, Brian Gaff wrote:
> Have you looked in spam bin? I often find that some companies email seem to
> regularly end up there. It means I often have to have both pop3 and Imap
> active on an email client, then filter the folders in view to just spam on
> Imap.
> Of course if you are a masochist, then one can use webmail.
> Brian

Yes, I have looked there, and in the junbk folder, but nothing has
appeared. Most odd.

Re: Help, please - Usenet access

<I9j*H0Zlz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99119&group=uk.d-i-y#99119

From: theom+n...@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Theo)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 23 Jul 2023 10:36:06 +0100 (BST)
 by: Theo - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 09:36 UTC

John Armstrong <jja@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Well, I did ask them, but they didn't respond to that either.
>
> I've had lots of acknowledgments, so it's not as though my emails
> aren't getting through.
>
> Thanks for your advice, and to others who have responded.

There is the newsgroup:
alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent

which appears to have a little traffic in it. Maybe worth asking there is
anyone knows how to recover keys, or contact Forte?

Theo

Re: Help, please - Usenet access

<ki4bp7Fi3i2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99128&group=uk.d-i-y#99128

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 10:55:53 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 09:55 UTC

Theo wrote:

> There is the newsgroup:
> alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
>
> which appears to have a little traffic in it. Maybe worth asking there is
> anyone knows how to recover keys, or contact Forte?

Forte themselves were very helpful in finding my old key a few years
ago. As it turned out, Agent's user interface is stuck in the mid '90s
and I decided not to use it after all.

Re: Help, please - Usenet access

<ousqbi17tle90k5j8dcndmbc91b1jse5ir@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99181&group=uk.d-i-y#99181

From: pom...@aol.com (Pomegranate Bastard)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 19:39:59 +0100
 by: Pomegranate Bastard - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 18:39 UTC

On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 19:44:19 +0100, John Armstrong
<jja@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Can someone please suggest/recommend a Usenet programme? All I require
>is the "browser", as I signed up to News.Individual.Net when Virgin
>gave up two years ago.
>
>I've been using an old Forte Free Agent for years, but I lost access
>when my computer HD failed last month. I've been using their free
>trial, but this is about to expire imminently, and I am unable to
>upgrade. Their system gives me a message saying
>
>"We're sorry, we could not complete your Agent Order.
>There was a internal error on our end. Please contact customer support
>using the link provided below."
>
>They have ignored all my many attempts at contact for over a week.
>
>Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Give this a try

https://app.box.com/s/r239te4jyfcdvbenmrvxgwncfpu5cp6s

Re: Help, please - Usenet access

<ki6ogtFu4p8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99200&group=uk.d-i-y#99200

From: jja...@blueyonder.co.uk (John Armstrong)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 08:45:33 +0100
 by: John Armstrong - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 07:45 UTC

On 23/07/2023 10:55, Andy Burns wrote:
> Theo wrote:
>
>> There is the newsgroup:
>> alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
>>
>> which appears to have a little traffic in it.  Maybe worth asking
>> there is
>> anyone knows how to recover keys, or contact Forte?
>
> Forte themselves were very helpful in finding my old key a few years
> ago.  As it turned out, Agent's user interface is stuck in the mid '90s
> and I decided not to use it after all.

Thanks to all for your latest suggestions. Following earlier
recommendations, I downloaded Thunderbird, which I am now using. Rather
a different interface from Agent, but it seems to be working correctly.

I'm still very much amazed that an organisation like Forte, in the
communications business, can just ignore messages - and business requests.

Apart from brief computer-generated acknowledgments.

Re: Help, please - Usenet access

<xaf28pylplmj.dlg@example1357.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99238&group=uk.d-i-y#99238

From: mecha...@example.net (mechanic)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 11:55:41 +0100
 by: mechanic - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 10:55 UTC

On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 19:44:19 +0100, in uk.d-i-y you wrote:

> Can someone please suggest/recommend a Usenet programme? All I
> require is the "browser", as I signed up to News.Individual.Net
> when Virgin gave up two years ago.
>
> I've been using an old Forte Free Agent for years, but I lost
> access when my computer HD failed last month. I've been using
> their free trial, but this is about to expire imminently, and I
> am unable to upgrade. Their system gives me a message saying
>
> "We're sorry, we could not complete your Agent Order. There was a
> internal error on our end. Please contact customer support using
> the link provided below."
>
> They have ignored all my many attempts at contact for over a
> week.
>
> Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received.

40tude Dialog