I feel like a wet parking meter on Darvon!

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Play Want Bin Eurovision (PWBE 24 May 2021)

SubjectAuthor
* Play Want Bin Eurovision (PWBE 24 May 2021)Kendrick Kerwin Chua
+* Re: Play Want Bin Eurovision (PWBE 24 May 2021)Jaimie Vandenbergh
|`- Re: Play Want Bin Eurovision (PWBE 24 May 2021)Jaimie Vandenbergh
`- Re: Play Want Bin Eurovision (PWBE 24 May 2021)Russell Marks

1
Play Want Bin Eurovision (PWBE 24 May 2021)

<WeSdnZlC8JsEbTf9nZ2dnUU7-audnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=993&group=uk.games.video.misc#993

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Play Want Bin Eurovision (PWBE 24 May 2021)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 19:17:29 -0500
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 24 May 2021 00:17 UTC

Aw. Sorry Britain. Better luck next year.

Play:
--=--

Phantasy Star Online 2 (PC) - Well, I finally have a device that can
support this game in the form of a new Lenovo Legion laptop. Last year's
model, but that means I can get all my disappointment out of the way all
at once. Lock-on doesn't work, the camera makes no sense, and none of the
charm of its predecessors seems to be present in this iteration of the
game. Granted, it's a game from a decade ago and there seems to be plenty
of players so there's no danger that my bad first impression is going to
influence anybody's opinion. But it's way too different to the old games
for me to love it right away.

Phantasy Star Online (PC) - Yes, the original. The first thing I always do
with ny new PC is install all my old Sega games from twenty years ago,
starting with this. I thought it was broken until I realised that Windows
10 routes audio to newly discovered USB devices (like a 360 controller) by
default. It plays like a dream and is, in a lot of ways, still the perfect
game for goofing off with. It's too bad that the original Panzer Dragoon
and all the old Windows 98-era driving games don't work. Oh hey, this
laptop probably supports a beefy VirtualBox setup.

Want:
--=--

Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne (Switch/PS4) - Because what I really need
to do is have two more copies of this to go next to the PS2 game I've
never played.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $1,588

Lenovo Legion 5 Gen 5 (PC) - $1,200 (it was on sale and I'm tired of
waiting for the Gen 6)

Total year-to-date - $2,788

--
-- "People with happy families don't become spies. A bad | kendrick
childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You | @

Re: Play Want Bin Eurovision (PWBE 24 May 2021)

<ih2lo6F86b6U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=994&group=uk.games.video.misc#994

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Play Want Bin Eurovision (PWBE 24 May 2021)
Date: 24 May 2021 21:56:22 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Mon, 24 May 2021 21:56 UTC

On 24 May 2021 at 01:17:29 BST, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> Aw. Sorry Britain. Better luck next year.

Nil pwah is best points.

> Play:
> --=--

It Takes Two (PS5) - dual player co-op with Gus. This is a splendid
game, wrapped in a cliched terrible story. It's a splendidly inventive
platformer-ish action puzzle adventure thing, running around doing stuff
together and separately in order to progress. Elements of Portal, Moss,
Astrobot, even Conker. Every moment of the co-op gameplay is a treasure
and a joy. All the cutscenes are awful - the wrapper story is that
you're playing a couple who have decided to get divorced and they've
just told their 7 year old daughter who's crying about it has magicked
them into doll-size bodies (well, actual dolls) from when all the
platforming comes as they try to make their way back. The whole thing is
utterly cringeworthy. You can't skip cutscenes, but you can chat through
them.

More Amiga Silliness - I've bought an Amiga 1000, the first Amiga. Very
much looking forward to it arriving, I've wanted one since 1985.

> Want:
> --=--

I'm going to pin my hat on Breath of the Wild 2, despite it being as far
away as Elder Scrolls 6 or Portal 3.

I do rather fancy Skyward Sword too.

> Bin:
> -==-

The sheer expense of dealing with 1980s computers. Why didn't I buy this
stuff back in 2005? Stupid boy.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
If you can't measure it, it's not science.

Re: Play Want Bin Eurovision (PWBE 24 May 2021)

<ih2mdpF8a1sU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=995&group=uk.games.video.misc#995

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: 24 May 2021 22:07:53 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Mon, 24 May 2021 22:07 UTC

On 24 May 2021 at 22:56:22 BST, "Jaimie Vandenbergh"
<jaimie@usually.sessile.org> wrote:

> On 24 May 2021 at 01:17:29 BST, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
> <kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:
>
>> Aw. Sorry Britain. Better luck next year.
>
> Nil pwah is best points.
>
>> Play:
>> --=--
>
> It Takes Two (PS5) - dual player co-op with Gus. This is a splendid
> game, wrapped in a cliched terrible story. It's a splendidly inventive
> platformer-ish action puzzle adventure thing, running around doing stuff
> together and separately in order to progress. Elements of Portal, Moss,
> Astrobot, even Conker. Every moment of the co-op gameplay is a treasure
> and a joy. All the cutscenes are awful - the wrapper story is that
> you're playing a couple who have decided to get divorced and they've
> just told their 7 year old daughter who's crying about it

I can't even blame that one on autocorrect. Sigh. "whose".

--
Thank you for your input. Now, if you have something
substantive to bring to the discussion, kindly do.

Re: Play Want Bin Eurovision (PWBE 24 May 2021)

<uUfrI.118733$VN.57429@usenetxs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=996&group=uk.games.video.misc#996

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 23:39:06 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Tue, 25 May 2021 23:39 UTC

> Play:

The Pinball Arcade (PS4) - mostly the AC/DC table again.

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

Virgin Media's intent to drop their Usenet service soon (next month I
think). I haven't posted via VM for ages, but I did still read posts
that way most of the time.

-Rus.