From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: A witch hunt in the shire
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 21:48:48 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 20:48 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66061166

<quotes>

A former sheriff's deputy has been found not guilty of failing to protect students when a gunman opened fire at a Florida high school in 2018.

Mr Peterson, the school's resource officer, was found not guilty of 11 charges including felony child neglect, culpable negligence and perjury.

There is no law that requires a police officer to put themselves in the line of fire, or risk their lives during a shooting, so prosecutors chose to charge him with felony child negligence.

Critics, including then President Donald Trump, had branded him a coward.

Bob Jarvis, a law professor at Nova Southeastern University in Florida, said it was a "ridiculous theory" to designate him a caregiver for hundreds of students.

The not guilty verdict "will slam the door pretty tight on the possibility of future prosecutions like this", Mr Jarvis said.

</quotes>

Re: A witch hunt in the shire

<vKmnM.1943$edH5.1740@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9924&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9924

Subject: Re: A witch hunt in the shire
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 17:31:06 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 21:31 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:

> Bob Jarvis, a law professor at Nova Southeastern University in Florida, said it was a "ridiculous theory" to designate him a caregiver for hundreds of students.

Insofar as that was his actual job, no its not ridiculous and yes, he is
and was a Coward with a capital C.
What is the use of hiring a guy with a gun to offer protection to school
kids when he simply has the option to run away and protect only himself ?

We'll see what happens to the mexican cowards who were actual cops who
were cowering in a safe hallway for hours while little children were
being slaughtered.

Despots, pedophiles, adventurous deep sea diving captains, homicidal
niggers and now cowards, any other upstanding citizens you wish to knee
jerk defend ?

Re: A witch hunt in the shire

<qwrnM.14$eGef.5@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9926&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9926

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 22:57:26 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 02:57 UTC

JeSSe wrote:
> The Happy Hippy wrote:
>

>> Bob Jarvis, a law professor at Nova Southeastern University in
>> Florida, said it was a "ridiculous theory" to designate him a
>> caregiver for hundreds of students.
>
> Insofar as that was his actual job, no its not ridiculous and yes, he is
> and was a Coward with a capital C.
> What is the use of hiring a guy with a gun to offer protection to school
> kids when he simply has the option to run away and protect only himself ?
>
> We'll see what happens to the mexican cowards who were actual cops who
> were cowering in a safe hallway for hours while little children were
> being slaughtered.
>
> Despots, pedophiles, adventurous deep sea diving captains, homicidal
> niggers and now cowards, any other upstanding citizens you wish to knee
> jerk defend ?

Wow, talk about a poor choice of words - Coward rejoices that hes got
his life back, which of course is far more than any of the murdered kids
that he abandoned to their fate, gun in hand, will ever be able to say.

'I got my life back:' Parents' fury as 'cowardly' Parkland deputy speaks
of his relief after being found not guilty of neglect - as distraught
victim's father's post-verdict interview is drowned out by WHOOPING from
cop's supporters

Scot Peterson, 60 was found not guilty and acquitted of all 11 charges
The Former Broward County Deputy had been charged with failing to
confront Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz during his attack on
February 14, 2018
The shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida
left 17 dead

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12248489/Parkland-deputy-FLED-safety-massacre-breaks-court-not-guilty.html

Re: A witch hunt in the shire

<20230630113727.00000e32@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9930&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9930

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 11:37:27 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 10:37 UTC

On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 17:31:06 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> The Happy Hippy wrote:
>

> > Bob Jarvis, a law professor at Nova Southeastern University in
> > Florida, said it was a "ridiculous theory" to designate him a
> > caregiver for hundreds of students.
>
> Insofar as that was his actual job

The court determined that it wasn't.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: A witch hunt in the shire