From: joe...@jretrading.com (Joe)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health
Service?
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 11:11:24 +0100
 by: Joe - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 10:11 UTC

On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 02:58:27 -0700 (PDT)
David P <imbibe@mindspring.com> wrote:

> For months, doctors at Queen’s have been forced to treat people in a
> corridor because of a lack of space. As the ambulances kept pulling
> up outside, the doctor supervising the E.R., Darryl Wood, said it was
> only a matter of time before nurses would begin diverting patients
> into the overflow space again.

This may have something to do with the fact that Queen's replaced two
other hospitals which were demolished, but had fewer beds than the
two. Another small hospital in the area is now also flats.

This is how a council can build on a public park, by the way: you build
a new hospital on most of the park, and sell off the sites of the old
ones.

--
Joe

Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health Service?

<u9nvrk$12hv1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99374&group=uk.d-i-y#99374

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health Service?
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 09:07:14 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 08:07 UTC

Yes, there are many mistakes being made, but this is because somebody is
trying to remain within a budget. So what happens when a lot of people need
help at the same time. Its much more likely now, since its an aging
population, and there are fewer children being born.
Unfortunately, healthcare is expensive in space, hardware and manpower with
the right qualifications. It is a self perpetuating issue as if the aging
demographic goes on, the costs of looking after everyone will go up as well.
We may have, at some point to think the unthinkable and have a quality of
life department to decide who is worth trying to save, just as unofficially
happened in the pandemic.
Brian

--

--: