From: ottavio2...@yahoo.com (Ottavio Caruso)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: unaccompanied minors
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 09:11:00 +0000
 by: Ottavio Caruso - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 09:11 UTC

Am 23/07/2023 um 16:11 schrieb Mike Scott:
> Issue: 3 siblings aged 11 and below turn up at a church service without
> parent/guardian.
>
> Who is responsible for their safety? What ought the church to do?
>
> Is a church differently treated from, say, a shop or theatre?
>
> I'd appreciate the team's comments, especially pointers to relevant
> legislation or govt guidance on the situation.

As long as Phillip Schofield is not around...

--
Ottavio Caruso

Re: unaccompanied minors

<3nisbip8jbkb6lr9egro735pvupe9vn6gd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99220&group=uk.d-i-y#99220

From: newsgro...@gefion.myzen.co.uk (Scott)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 11:00:47 +0100
 by: Scott - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 10:00 UTC

On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 09:11:00 +0000, Ottavio Caruso
<ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Am 23/07/2023 um 16:11 schrieb Mike Scott:
>> Issue: 3 siblings aged 11 and below turn up at a church service without
>> parent/guardian.
>>
>> Who is responsible for their safety? What ought the church to do?
>>
>> Is a church differently treated from, say, a shop or theatre?
>>
>> I'd appreciate the team's comments, especially pointers to relevant
>> legislation or govt guidance on the situation.

I would suggest a rapid risk assessment would soon establish that the
risk is very low and the presence of other adults would be sufficient
to create a safe environment.

I heard of a 14 year old who turned up at a naturist swim with a
friend and they would not let him in. His mother was absolutely
raging about this discrimination and complained to the organiser.

Re: unaccompanied minors

<u9m36b$muo8$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99293&group=uk.d-i-y#99293

From: max_dem...@bigfoot.com (Max Demian)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 15:51:56 +0100
 by: Max Demian - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 14:51 UTC

On 24/07/2023 11:00, Scott wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 09:11:00 +0000, Ottavio Caruso
> <ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Am 23/07/2023 um 16:11 schrieb Mike Scott:
>>> Issue: 3 siblings aged 11 and below turn up at a church service without
>>> parent/guardian.
>>>
>>> Who is responsible for their safety? What ought the church to do?
>>>
>>> Is a church differently treated from, say, a shop or theatre?
>>>
>>> I'd appreciate the team's comments, especially pointers to relevant
>>> legislation or govt guidance on the situation.
>
> I would suggest a rapid risk assessment would soon establish that the
> risk is very low and the presence of other adults would be sufficient
> to create a safe environment.
>>>
> I heard of a 14 year old who turned up at a naturist swim with a
> friend and they would not let him in. His mother was absolutely
> raging about this discrimination and complained to the organiser.

I expect they thought he was only there to wank over the tits and cunts.

--
Max Demian

Re: unaccompanied minors

<u9nvhq$12h5b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99373&group=uk.d-i-y#99373

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 09:02:00 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 08:02 UTC

I think the olden days the law was flexible, but there used to be a time
when churches had the same legal standing as schools, In loco parentis or
however its spelled, which basically means, standing in for the parent.
With current safeguarding rules though, this would mean that the church
would need a policy and a dbs checked named person at the church.
Back when I was that age, at 11 I could go anywhere and do what I liked of
course I was a good boy!

Is the elder in charge of they younger ones? I am an only child so would not
have any idea.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Ottavio Caruso" <ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Am 23/07/2023 um 16:11 schrieb Mike Scott:
>> Issue: 3 siblings aged 11 and below turn up at a church service without
>> parent/guardian.
>>
>> Who is responsible for their safety? What ought the church to do?
>>
>> Is a church differently treated from, say, a shop or theatre?
>>
>> I'd appreciate the team's comments, especially pointers to relevant
>> legislation or govt guidance on the situation.
>>

> As long as Phillip Schofield is not around...
>
> --
> Ottavio Caruso

Re: unaccompanied minors

<e2e4pj-7oud1.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99387&group=uk.d-i-y#99387

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 09:34:54 +0100
 by: Chris Green - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 08:34 UTC

Brian Gaff <brian1gaff@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the olden days the law was flexible, but there used to be a time
> when churches had the same legal standing as schools, In loco parentis or
> however its spelled, which basically means, standing in for the parent.
> With current safeguarding rules though, this would mean that the church
> would need a policy and a dbs checked named person at the church.

I think you'll find all churches do have a safeguarding policy and
person nowadays. Our **tiny** church (fortnightly services, congregation
typically less than ten) has a full-blown safeguarding system. I'm
just the treasurer and have to do a safeguarding course,

--
Chris Green
ยท

Re: unaccompanied minors

<u9ogb6$147kq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99424&group=uk.d-i-y#99424

From: max_dem...@bigfoot.com (Max Demian)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 13:48:37 +0100
 by: Max Demian - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 12:48 UTC

On 25/07/2023 09:02, Brian Gaff wrote:

> I think the olden days the law was flexible, but there used to be a time
> when churches had the same legal standing as schools, In loco parentis or
> however its spelled, which basically means, standing in for the parent.

> With current safeguarding rules though, this would mean that the church
> would need a policy and a dbs checked named person at the church.

If churches were /in loco parentis/ they wouldn't need to be DBS checked
as parents don't need to be to look after their own (or other) children.

> Back when I was that age, at 11 I could go anywhere and do what I liked of
> course I was a good boy!
>
> Is the elder in charge of they younger ones? I am an only child so would not
> have any idea.

What, like the ancient Greek system? Oh no, that's pederasty.

--
Max Demian