aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health Service?

SubjectAuthor
* Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its HealthMartin Smith
+* Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its HealthBob Henson
|`* Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its HealthAndrew
| `* Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its HealthJoe
|  +- Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its HealthJoe
|  +- Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its HealthThe Natural Philosopher
|  `- Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health Service?Animal
`- Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its HealthFredxx

1
Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health Service?

<u9m09t$lroq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99287&group=uk.d-i-y#99287

From: marti...@gn.apc.org (Martin Smith)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health
Service?
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 15:02:37 +0100
 by: Martin Smith - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 14:02 UTC

On 24/07/2023 10:58, David P wrote:
> A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health Service?
> By Mark Landler, July 16, 2023, NY Times
> Fifteen hours after she was taken out of an ambulance at Queen’s Hospital with chest pains and pneumonia, Marian Patten was still in the emergency room, waiting for a bed in a ward. Mrs. Patten, 78, was luckier than others who arrived at this teeming hospital, east of London: She had not yet been wheeled into a hallway.
>
> For months, doctors at Queen’s have been forced to treat people in a corridor because of a lack of space. As the ambulances kept pulling up outside, the doctor supervising the E.R., Darryl Wood, said it was only a matter of time before nurses would begin diverting patients into the overflow space again.
>
> “We’re in that mode every day now because the N.H.S. doesn’t have the capacity to deal with all the patients,” Dr. Wood said.

It should be obvious the Tories never wanted the NHS when it was
founded, they voted against it every time, they are doing their best to
destroy it they dont think poor people should get anything for free,
thats their prerogative, they hate poor people because they are not rich
One of my great uncles was in 1945 labour cabinet he said the tories
would do their best to destroy and that benefited the ordinary people
and they are doing it now, open your eyes people

--
Martin

Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health Service?

<ki7f26F1v9aU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99289&group=uk.d-i-y#99289

From: bob.hen...@outlook.com (Bob Henson)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Service?
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 15:10:16 +0100
 by: Bob Henson - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 14:10 UTC

On 24.7.23 3:02 pm, Martin Smith wrote:
> On 24/07/2023 10:58, David P wrote:
>> A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health Service?
>> By Mark Landler, July 16, 2023, NY Times
>> Fifteen hours after she was taken out of an ambulance at Queen’s Hospital with chest pains and pneumonia, Marian Patten was still in the emergency room, waiting for a bed in a ward. Mrs. Patten, 78, was luckier than others who arrived at this teeming hospital, east of London: She had not yet been wheeled into a hallway.
>>
>> For months, doctors at Queen’s have been forced to treat people in a corridor because of a lack of space. As the ambulances kept pulling up outside, the doctor supervising the E.R., Darryl Wood, said it was only a matter of time before nurses would begin diverting patients into the overflow space again.
>>
>> “We’re in that mode every day now because the N.H.S. doesn’t have the capacity to deal with all the patients,” Dr. Wood said.
>
> It should be obvious the Tories never wanted the NHS when it was
> founded, they voted against it every time, they are doing their best to
> destroy it they dont think poor people should get anything for free,
> thats their prerogative, they hate poor people because they are not rich
> One of my great uncles was in 1945 labour cabinet he said the tories
> would do their best to destroy and that benefited the ordinary people
> and they are doing it now, open your eyes people

Definition: Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to
vote for rich
people by telling poor people that "other" rich people are the reason
they are poor.

--
Tetbury, Gloucestershire , UK

Licentiae, quam stulti libertatem vocabant - Tacitus

Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health Service?

<u9mar7$ntpt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99310&group=uk.d-i-y#99310

From: Andrew...@btinternet.com (Andrew)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Service?
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 18:02:30 +0100
 by: Andrew - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 17:02 UTC

On 24/07/2023 15:10, Bob Henson wrote:
> On 24.7.23 3:02 pm, Martin Smith wrote:
>> On 24/07/2023 10:58, David P wrote:
>>> A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health Service?
>>> By Mark Landler, July 16, 2023, NY Times
>>> Fifteen hours after she was taken out of an ambulance at Queen’s
>>> Hospital with chest pains and pneumonia, Marian Patten was still in
>>> the emergency room, waiting for a bed in a ward. Mrs. Patten, 78, was
>>> luckier than others who arrived at this teeming hospital, east of
>>> London: She had not yet been wheeled into a hallway.
>>>
>>> For months, doctors at Queen’s have been forced to treat people in a
>>> corridor because of a lack of space. As the ambulances kept pulling
>>> up outside, the doctor supervising the E.R., Darryl Wood, said it was
>>> only a matter of time before nurses would begin diverting patients
>>> into the overflow space again.
>>>
>>> “We’re in that mode every day now because the N.H.S. doesn’t have the
>>> capacity to deal with all the patients,” Dr. Wood said.
>>
>> It should be obvious the Tories never wanted the NHS when it was
>> founded, they voted against it every time, they are doing their best to
>> destroy it they dont think poor people should get anything for free,
>> thats their prerogative, they hate poor people because they are not rich
>> One of my great uncles was in 1945 labour cabinet he said the tories
>> would do their best to destroy and that benefited the ordinary people
>> and they are doing it now, open your eyes people
>>

> Definition: Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to
> vote for rich
> people by telling poor people that "other" rich people are the reason
> they are poor.

Tony Blair was interviewed the other day about private 'investment'
in the NHS and he is all for it.

Do remember folks that ALL the buildings were built by private
companies and all the fittings and equipment are also provided by
private companies who took risks to develop them. Ditto all
the drugs and consumables that the NHS uses.

Every syringe, needle, catheter and blood collection bag
is made by a USA company. All of it (apart from the sharps)
is single use plastic, and oil is the basic feedstock, so ...

"Just Stop Oil" = Actually Stop the NHS

Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health Service?

<20230724184852.58188781@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99322&group=uk.d-i-y#99322

From: joe...@jretrading.com (Joe)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Service?
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 18:48:52 +0100
 by: Joe - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 17:48 UTC

On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 18:02:30 +0100
Andrew <Andrew97d@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Every syringe, needle, catheter and blood collection bag
> is made by a USA company. All of it (apart from the sharps)
> is single use plastic, and oil is the basic feedstock, so ...
>
> "Just Stop Oil" = Actually Stop the NHS

I don't think the JSO types have any idea of how much of the world
around them started life as oil.

--
Joe

Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health Service?

<u9mick$p0mk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99336&group=uk.d-i-y#99336

From: fre...@spam.invalid (Fredxx)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Service?
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 20:11:16 +0100
 by: Fredxx - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 19:11 UTC

On 24/07/2023 15:02, Martin Smith wrote:
> On 24/07/2023 10:58, David P wrote:
>> A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health Service?
>> By Mark Landler, July 16, 2023, NY Times
>> Fifteen hours after she was taken out of an ambulance at Queen’s
>> Hospital with chest pains and pneumonia, Marian Patten was still in
>> the emergency room, waiting for a bed in a ward. Mrs. Patten, 78, was
>> luckier than others who arrived at this teeming hospital, east of
>> London: She had not yet been wheeled into a hallway.
>>
>> For months, doctors at Queen’s have been forced to treat people in a
>> corridor because of a lack of space. As the ambulances kept pulling up
>> outside, the doctor supervising the E.R., Darryl Wood, said it was
>> only a matter of time before nurses would begin diverting patients
>> into the overflow space again.
>>
>> “We’re in that mode every day now because the N.H.S. doesn’t have the
>> capacity to deal with all the patients,” Dr. Wood said.
>
> It should be obvious the Tories never wanted the NHS when it was
> founded, they voted against it every time,

I, and everyone else can see you ill founded hatred of the Tories
regarding the NHS.

The simple fact is that the Tories wrote a white paper proposing the NHS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Willink

which was put in place by the following Labour government.

"When Labour came into office in 1945, it presented its own plan in
preference to Willink's, which it had supported. The principal
difference was that Willink's plan talked of a "publicly organised"
rather than a "publicly provided" service, and Labour's plan brought
hospitals into full national ownership. Willink's successor Nye Bevan,
however, made concessions to General practitioners."

Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health Service?

<20230724210213.219db4f6@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99345&group=uk.d-i-y#99345

From: joe...@jretrading.com (Joe)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Service?
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 21:02:13 +0100
 by: Joe - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 20:02 UTC

On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 18:48:52 +0100
Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 18:02:30 +0100
> Andrew <Andrew97d@btinternet.com> wrote:
>

> > Every syringe, needle, catheter and blood collection bag
> > is made by a USA company. All of it (apart from the sharps)
> > is single use plastic, and oil is the basic feedstock, so ...
> >
> > "Just Stop Oil" = Actually Stop the NHS
>
> I don't think the JSO types have any idea of how much of the world
> around them started life as oil.

On the subject of JSO... one explanation of what is, on the face of it,
complete idiocy:

https://off-guardian.org/2023/07/19/so-whats-the-real-point-of-just-stop-oil-protests/

--
Joe again

Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health Service?

<u9nt91$123qm$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99368&group=uk.d-i-y#99368

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Service?
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 08:23:13 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 07:23 UTC

On 24/07/2023 18:48, Joe wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 18:02:30 +0100
> Andrew <Andrew97d@btinternet.com> wrote:
>

>> Every syringe, needle, catheter and blood collection bag
>> is made by a USA company. All of it (apart from the sharps)
>> is single use plastic, and oil is the basic feedstock, so ...
>>
>> "Just Stop Oil" = Actually Stop the NHS
>
> I don't think the JSO types have any idea of how much of the world
> around them started life as oil.

I don't think the JSO types have any idea .
fully understood.

Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health Service?

<35266bf2-d6e6-4f04-a50f-f67d6e34ceecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99576&group=uk.d-i-y#99576

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 15:54:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health Service?
From: tabbyp...@gmail.com (Animal)
 by: Animal - Wed, 26 Jul 2023 22:54 UTC

On Monday, 24 July 2023 at 18:48:57 UTC+1, Joe wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 18:02:30 +0100
> Andrew <Andr...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>

> > Every syringe, needle, catheter and blood collection bag
> > is made by a USA company. All of it (apart from the sharps)
> > is single use plastic, and oil is the basic feedstock, so ...
> >
> > "Just Stop Oil" = Actually Stop the NHS
> I don't think the JSO types have any idea

snipped it for you. Sentence some to live for a while without anything made from oil or that used oil to get here, or get made etc. Put the results on national tv - or nowadays youtube.