Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Play Want Bin Expense In Remembrance (PWBE 1 Jun 2021)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 08:48:25 -0500
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:48 UTC

The flu. It is not fun.

Play:
--=--

Sega GT and Sega Rally and Daytona Deluxe (PC) - It's fascinating to get
ancient, ancient PC games running on modern hardware and modern operating
systems. In the absence of any management layer like Games for Windows,
standalone applications just seem to work most of the time. Daytona looks
especially lovely, as it's got lighting options that simply were never
made available in any other platform.

Not Sega Rally Revo or Flight Simulator X (PC) - Oh my, the Games for
Windows layer just plain doesn't work anymore. It did as recently as two
years ago, which suggests to me that something about the latest Windows 10
build is actively blocking installation. I haven't yet tried installing
with a really old compatibility layer config activated, but I suspect
that's not going to work either.

Want:
--=--

More time - I'd like all this time back that I spent being sick and
vaguely incapable of doing things.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $2,788

-KKC, who doesn't think these cough drops are working very well.
--
-- "People with happy families don't become spies. A bad | kendrick
childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You | @

Re: Play Want Bin Expense In Remembrance (PWBE 1 Jun 2021)

<wi5uI.661798$hcZe.395282@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=998&group=uk.games.video.misc#998

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!usenet.goja.nl.eu.org!3.eu.feeder.erje.net!feeder.erje.net!ecngs!feeder2.ecngs.de!178.20.174.213.MISMATCH!feeder1.feed.usenet.farm!feed.usenet.farm!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed7.news.xs4all.nl!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc2.netnews.com!peer01.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer01.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!fx46.ams4.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 14:03:08 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Thu, 3 Jun 2021 14:03 UTC

> Play:

Solitaire (Linux etc.) - testing another port of my old Solitaire
game, this time to the awk language. That can run on rather a lot
(GNU's gawk alone has been ported endlessly over the years) and has
had several different implementations, so testing can be a bit of an
adventure. There may have been multiple emulators involved.

Snake (Linux) - this was a bit weird. An old collection of Unix
utilities in 386 assembly ("asmutils") just happened to come with a
simple Snake game, so I played that a bit on my Pi via qemu. Because
why not.

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

The pedantic way Sony requires you to claim the "free" PS+ games each
month - annoying enough if you remember, doubly so if you don't.

-Rus.

Re: Play Want Bin Expense In Remembrance (PWBE 1 Jun 2021)

<Yqqdnag095bxdCX9nZ2dnUU7-QfNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=999&group=uk.games.video.misc#999

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 09:38:36 -0500
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Thu, 3 Jun 2021 14:38 UTC

In article <wi5uI.661798$hcZe.395282@usenetxs.com>,
Russell Marks <zgedneil@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com> wrote:
>Kendrick Kerwin Chua <kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:
>
>> Bin:
>
>The pedantic way Sony requires you to claim the "free" PS+ games each
>month - annoying enough if you remember, doubly so if you don't.

I have honestly never bothered with any of the free digital-only games to
which I'm entitled, not counting antyhing I bought for cheap on Steam. If
the vendor isn't just putting the licence to play directly into my hands
without any intervention, then it's not really free. My time is valuable
too, and if you make it too much work to get a game I might not bother. Why
don't they just make it automatic instead of setting up the series of
flaming hoops to jump through?

-KKC, who isn't thrilled about the giant pile of medication he needs.
--
-- "People with happy families don't become spies. A bad | kendrick
childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You | @
don't trust anyone. You're used to getting smacked around, | io-nyc
and you never get homesick." - Michael Westen, /Burn Notice/ | .com

Re: Play Want Bin Expense In Remembrance (PWBE 1 Jun 2021)

<ii24s7FbhanU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1000&group=uk.games.video.misc#1000

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: 5 Jun 2021 20:24:39 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 20:24 UTC

On 3 Jun 2021 at 15:03:08 BST, "Russell Marks"
<zgedneil@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com> wrote:

> Kendrick Kerwin Chua <kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:
>
>> Play:

It Takes Two (PS4/PS5, PMG) - Two up with Gus. Our first 2 hour session
was amazing; second session was decent; third session was amazing again.
This is a game seriously full of inventiveness and sheer fun. And also a
giant octopus last week, which is generally a good thing, and penguins
which definitely are. There's building evidence that a second play
through might be necessary, as each player Him and Her gets very
different tools with which to play the game. And I don't mean those,
perve.

Divinity Original Sin 2 (Steam/Windows) - three up with Orrah and Toby.
Couple of hours, consisting of three fights. We won! Mostly. TPK first
try. Getting the hang of the pacing of fights, but the bad guys seem to
have significant advantages - or maybe it's because I've not upgraded my
armour in three levels? Hmm.

That's it! I have been pretty dead and only just managed to keep myself
afloat for the two PMG sessions.

I did get a tiny box full of tiny NFC cards printed up with Links and
Zeldas (in case I play BotW again) and with Monster Hunter Rise stuff
(in case I buy it, which I probably will). They are very tiny.

>> Want:

A bit more consistency out of my stupid meat husk. Went on a nine mile
walk yesterday, and although I would have preferred it was an eight mile
walk I did fine. But other days I just go bleb and nothing happens at
all.

>> Bin:
>
> The pedantic way Sony requires you to claim the "free" PS+ games each
> month - annoying enough if you remember, doubly so if you don't.

Nearly missed them last month - got them on the last day. They wouldn't
have been much to miss out on. I almost never bother picking up the Xbox
ones, they're always utter crap.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Every time we start thinking we're the center of the universe,
the universe turns around and says with a slightly distracted

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Play Want Bin Expense In Remembrance (PWBE 1 Jun 2021)