aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: So much for remainer bollocks

SubjectAuthor
* So much for remainer bollocksThe Natural Philosopher
+* Re: So much for remainer bollocksAdrian Caspersz
|`- Re: So much for remainer bollocksThe Natural Philosopher
`* Re: So much for remainer bollocksClive Arthur
 +* Re: So much for remainer bollocksJeff Gaines
 |+* Re: So much for remainer bollocksDavid Wade
 ||+- Re: So much for remainer bollocksThe Natural Philosopher
 ||`* Re: So much for remainer bollocksAndy Burns
 || `- Re: So much for remainer bollocksAndy Burns
 |`* Re: So much for remainer bollocksClive Page
 | `- Re: So much for remainer bollocksThe Natural Philosopher
 +- Re: So much for remainer bollocksThe Natural Philosopher
 `* Re: So much for remainer bollocksClive Page
  `- Re: So much for remainer bollocksThe Natural Philosopher

1
So much for remainer bollocks

<u9vi2k$25sni$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99680&group=uk.d-i-y#99680

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: So much for remainer bollocks
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 06:01:07 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 05:01 UTC

I ordered some little 5V power supplies from Amazon.co.uk

This is an email I got

"Dear customer,

Thank you for your order at AZ-Delivery and a warm greeting from the
contemplative Deggendorf in Bavaria.

My name is Markus Neumann from AZ-Delivery Customer Service.

In the attachment to this mail you will find the data sheet belonging to
your product, the pinout diagram, and schematic diagram, so that you can
set up your product optimally directly upon receipt."

Obviously there is *no problem whatsoever* in a small company shipping
stuff from Bavaria.

My experience is that once normal sane apolitical people adjust to
Brexit, life goes on as it always did.

--
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the
other is to refuse to believe what is true.”

—Soren Kierkegaard

Re: So much for remainer bollocks

<kih759Fmbu6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99682&group=uk.d-i-y#99682

From: ema...@here.invalid (Adrian Caspersz)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: So much for remainer bollocks
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 07:56:41 +0100
 by: Adrian Caspersz - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 06:56 UTC

> I ordered some little 5V power supplies from Amazon.co.uk
>
> Obviously there is *no problem whatsoever* in a small company shipping
> stuff from Bavaria.

Though it is through the handling services of Amazon, and it is perhaps
a small value/gift item that should not worry UK customs ...

--
Adrian C

Re: So much for remainer bollocks

<u9vsm6$26oh8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99688&group=uk.d-i-y#99688

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 09:02:14 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 08:02 UTC

On 28/07/2023 07:56, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
> On 7/28/23 06:01, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>> I ordered some little 5V power supplies from Amazon.co.uk
>>
>> Obviously there is *no problem whatsoever* in a small company shipping
>> stuff from Bavaria.
>>

> Though it is through the handling services of Amazon, and it is perhaps
> a small value/gift item that should not worry UK customs ...

But it was *exactly* those sort of items from small traders that it was
claimed Brexit would most affect.

Obviously complex paperwork for a few pence is not especially clever. I
have noticed that e.g. Aliexpress seem to run regular flights.containers
of goods destined for the UK, which are then reposted in the UK to allow
fast seamless transport from China, and to deal with VAT style issues.

In short a container, mixed foods value £13,000 arrives from somewhere,
and its one set of paperwork, and the VAT and import duty is paid on
that, and the goods then are simply all put in the UK post.

But Marxism is the crack cocaine.

Re: So much for remainer bollocks

<ua012d$274g2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99709&group=uk.d-i-y#99709

From: cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk (Clive Arthur)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 10:16:59 +0100
 by: Clive Arthur - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 09:16 UTC

<snip>

> Obviously there is *no problem whatsoever* in a small company shipping
> stuff from Bavaria.
>
> My experience is that once normal sane apolitical  people adjust to
> Brexit, life goes on as it always did.

It's an odd world where something which apparently hasn't become worse
is trumpeted as a triumph.

--
Cheers
Clive

Re: So much for remainer bollocks

<xn0o4vife4btinb00h@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99710&group=uk.d-i-y#99710

From: jgnew...@outlook.com (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 28 Jul 2023 09:24:20 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 09:24 UTC

On 28/07/2023 in message <ua012d$274g2$2@dont-email.me> Clive Arthur wrote:

>On 28/07/2023 06:01, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>
><snip>
>>
>>Obviously there is *no problem whatsoever* in a small company shipping
>>stuff from Bavaria.
>>
>>My experience is that once normal sane apolitical  people adjust to
>>Brexit, life goes on as it always did.
>
>It's an odd world where something which apparently hasn't become worse is
>trumpeted as a triumph.

The reason is obvious, all the remainiac doom-mongers saying it would kill
trade, trade with small businesses would be impossible. Now they have been
proved wrong they have to think of something else.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
I've been through the desert on a horse with no name.

Re: So much for remainer bollocks

<ua04da$27ekc$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99716&group=uk.d-i-y#99716

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 11:14:02 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 10:14 UTC

On 28/07/2023 10:16, Clive Arthur wrote:
> On 28/07/2023 06:01, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>
> <snip>
>>
>> Obviously there is *no problem whatsoever* in a small company shipping
>> stuff from Bavaria.
>>
>> My experience is that once normal sane apolitical  people adjust to
>> Brexit, life goes on as it always did.
>
> It's an odd world where something which apparently hasn't become worse
> is trumpeted as a triumph.

The triumph is not trading with EU countries. There was no reason for
that to
change, except the EU wanted it to, to punish us. The triumph will come
from divergence away from EU law, if the remainiac civil service will
ever allow that.

But of course we have carried over independently all the trade deals we
had with non EU countries whist we were IN the EU, so no change there.
and have created trade deals with Canada Australia New Zealand and the
CPTPP which is a free trade area between most of the pacific and south
eats nations. Something the EU cannot or will not do, and from which the
USA has withdrawn.

So tradewise we are already better off than we were.
It is only in domestic policy - climate change act, immigration, and
generalised bureaucratised turgidity where Remain holds sway and nothing
has changed whatsoever, as well as all the Woke crap that is destroying
the nation.

(Its Friday, so I am self-identifying as a castaway).

--
"The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow witted
man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest

- Leo Tolstoy

Re: So much for remainer bollocks

<ua059l$27jnv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99719&group=uk.d-i-y#99719

From: g4u...@dave.invalid (David Wade)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 11:29:09 +0100
 by: David Wade - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 10:29 UTC

On 28/07/2023 10:24, Jeff Gaines wrote:
> On 28/07/2023 in message <ua012d$274g2$2@dont-email.me> Clive Arthur wrote:
>
>> On 28/07/2023 06:01, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Obviously there is *no problem whatsoever* in a small company
>>> shipping stuff from Bavaria.
>>>
>>> My experience is that once normal sane apolitical  people adjust to
>>> Brexit, life goes on as it always did.
>>
>> It's an odd world where something which apparently hasn't become worse
>> is trumpeted as a triumph.
>
> The reason is obvious, all the remainiac doom-mongers saying it would
> kill trade, trade with small businesses would be impossible. Now they
> have been proved wrong they have to think of something else.

It has killed some exports to the EU. My local shop in Spain no longer
stocks my favourite Hollands Cheese and Onion Pies. Some issue with
them. Meat and potato great but cheese and onion no...

https://www.russells.es/search/pies/

Dave

Re: So much for remainer bollocks

<ua05hk$27khn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99722&group=uk.d-i-y#99722

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 11:33:24 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 10:33 UTC

On 28/07/2023 11:29, David Wade wrote:
> On 28/07/2023 10:24, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>> On 28/07/2023 in message <ua012d$274g2$2@dont-email.me> Clive Arthur
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On 28/07/2023 06:01, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> It's an odd world where something which apparently hasn't become
>>> worse is trumpeted as a triumph.
>>
>> The reason is obvious, all the remainiac doom-mongers saying it would
>> kill trade, trade with small businesses would be impossible. Now they
>> have been proved wrong they have to think of something else.
>>
> It has killed some exports to the EU. My local shop in Spain no longer
> stocks my favourite Hollands Cheese and Onion Pies. Some issue with
> them. Meat and potato great but cheese and onion no...
>
> https://www.russells.es/search/pies/
>
> Dave
Since I don't live in Spain, I am not sure that I give a fuck. Why would
one want to live abroad and eat english shit anyway?

Remainers don't normally complain about it being worse for the EU, which
of course it is. Huge loss in fat bottom expenses donations to the
bureaucrats, France and Germany now strutting around completely out of
control...fishing set to get much worse in a few years...

"What kind of person is not interested in those things?"

"Jeremy Corbyn?"

Re: So much for remainer bollocks

<kihkqeFoc06U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99724&group=uk.d-i-y#99724

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 11:49:51 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 10:49 UTC

David Wade wrote:

> It has killed some exports to the EU. My local shop in Spain no longer
> stocks my favourite Hollands Cheese and Onion Pies. Some issue with
> them. Meat and potato great but cheese and onion no...

If Iceland can still import them to Ireland for sale

<https://www.iceland.co.uk/p/hollands-4-cheese-and-onion-pies/50388.html>

then presumably that's a choice on the part of "Russells British Store"
to not stock them?

Re: So much for remainer bollocks

<kihl23Foc05U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99725&group=uk.d-i-y#99725

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 11:53:55 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 10:53 UTC

Andy Burns wrote:

> If Iceland can still import them to Ireland for sale
>
> <https://www.iceland.co.uk/p/hollands-4-cheese-and-onion-pies/50388.html>

Hadn't realised that it redirects from iceland.ie to iceland.co.uk
but they do sell them in Ireland, because they had a recall

<https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/full-list-230-products-being-27140921>

Re: So much for remainer bollocks

<kikkhkF81viU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99867&group=uk.d-i-y#99867

From: use...@page2.eu (Clive Page)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 15:03:32 +0100
 by: Clive Page - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 14:03 UTC

On 28/07/2023 10:16, Clive Arthur wrote:
> On 28/07/2023 06:01, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>
> <snip>
>>
>> Obviously there is *no problem whatsoever* in a small company shipping stuff from Bavaria.
>>
>> My experience is that once normal sane apolitical  people adjust to Brexit, life goes on as it always did.
>
> It's an odd world where something which apparently hasn't become worse is trumpeted as a triumph.

But you don't know yet that it hasn't become worse. Suppose it isn't the right item or malfunctions so has to be sent back? What are you going to put on the customs declaration (which of course we didn't need before Brexit when sending things to the EU)?

--
Clive Page

Re: So much for remainer bollocks

<kikkumF81viU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99869&group=uk.d-i-y#99869

From: use...@page2.eu (Clive Page)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 15:10:30 +0100
 by: Clive Page - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 14:10 UTC

On 28/07/2023 10:24, Jeff Gaines wrote:
> On 28/07/2023 in message <ua012d$274g2$2@dont-email.me> Clive Arthur wrote:
>
>> On 28/07/2023 06:01, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Obviously there is *no problem whatsoever* in a small company shipping stuff from Bavaria.
>>>
>>> My experience is that once normal sane apolitical  people adjust to Brexit, life goes on as it always did.
>>
>> It's an odd world where something which apparently hasn't become worse is trumpeted as a triumph.
>
> The reason is obvious, all the remainiac doom-mongers saying it would kill trade, trade with small businesses would be impossible. Now they have been proved wrong they have to think of something else.

According to a recent report from the Office of Budget Responsibility:

"UK goods imports from the EU have fallen by more than UK goods exports to the EU (Chart H, left panel). In the fourth quarter of 2021, goods imports from the EU were down 18 per cent on 2019 levels, double the 9 per cent fall in goods exports to the EU. The weakness of EU imports is more striking compared to the 10 per cent rise in goods imports from non-EU countries, suggesting some substitution between them. However, there is little sign to date of UK goods exports to non-EU countries making up for lower exports to the EU, with the former down 18 per cent on 2019 levels."

--
Clive Page

Re: So much for remainer bollocks

<ua3f6l$2li5q$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99882&group=uk.d-i-y#99882

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 17:36:37 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 16:36 UTC

On 29/07/2023 15:03, Clive Page wrote:
> On 28/07/2023 10:16, Clive Arthur wrote:
>> On 28/07/2023 06:01, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Obviously there is *no problem whatsoever* in a small company
>>> shipping stuff from Bavaria.
>>>
>>> My experience is that once normal sane apolitical  people adjust to
>>> Brexit, life goes on as it always did.
>>
>> It's an odd world where something which apparently hasn't become worse
>> is trumpeted as a triumph.
>
> But you don't know yet that it hasn't become worse.  Suppose it isn't
> the right item or malfunctions so has to be sent back?   What are you
> going to put on the customs declaration (which of course we didn't need
> before Brexit when sending things to the EU)?

All hand waving nonsense. Anyway my goods arrived from Germany in good
order and I will use that company again.

As in fact I have used a similar small company in China.
The world isn't interested in brexit, just getting on with business.
Only remainers think it was terribly important and are scarping the
barrel bottom for reasons why they weren't sold a pup by the EU and its
establishment chums.

fully understood.

Re: So much for remainer bollocks

<ua3fch$2li5q$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99883&group=uk.d-i-y#99883

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 17:39:45 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 16:39 UTC

On 29/07/2023 15:10, Clive Page wrote:
> On 28/07/2023 10:24, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>> On 28/07/2023 in message <ua012d$274g2$2@dont-email.me> Clive Arthur
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On 28/07/2023 06:01, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> It's an odd world where something which apparently hasn't become
>>> worse is trumpeted as a triumph.
>>
>> The reason is obvious, all the remainiac doom-mongers saying it would
>> kill trade, trade with small businesses would be impossible. Now they
>> have been proved wrong they have to think of something else.
>
> According to a recent report from the Office of Budget Responsibility:
>
> "UK goods imports from the EU have fallen by more than UK goods exports
> to the EU (Chart H, left panel). In the fourth quarter of 2021, goods
> imports from the EU were down 18 per cent on 2019 levels, double the 9
> per cent fall in goods exports to the EU. The weakness of EU imports is
> more striking compared to the 10 per cent rise in goods imports from
> non-EU countries, suggesting some substitution between them. However,
> there is little sign to date of UK goods exports to non-EU countries
> making up for lower exports to the EU, with the former down 18 per cent
> on 2019 levels."

And the reason for that is quite simple. I keep purchase of EU goods to
a minimum. I'd rather by my wine fruit and veg from Africa, and like
princess Di, I wouldn't be seen dead in a BMW or Mercedes...

Spain is hard to avoid purchasing from, but they dont strut around like
Macron, so I make a bit of an exception.

let them."