From: max_dem...@bigfoot.com (Max Demian)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: [OT] Upskirting queen has partial regrets
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 21:33:23 +0100
 by: Max Demian - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 20:33 UTC

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jul/26/i-made-upskirting-illegal-prevent-sexual-assault

"I made upskirting illegal. This is why I don’t want to change any more
laws - by Gina Martin"

"I don’t want more prisons and punishment for men – I want to help
prevent sexual assault so women are safer in the first place"

"Though I’m not rejecting my past work, I see my purpose now as trying
to make my own law moot; if I can contribute to a reality where sexual
assault is significantly reduced and the voyeurism act is used less,
I’ll be happy. If I can do work that breaks the circuit of lost boys
becoming insecure men who use sexual assault as a way to feel powerful,
I’ll be proud."

It looks like the good lady wants Maoist re-education workshops for
teenboys. Good luck with that.

(Upskirting laws deal with the knicker fetishists; downblousing laws
would stop the bra fetishists. But what about shoe fetishists? Should
women be expected to wear ugly overshoes to hide their charms?)

--
Max Demian

Re: [OT] Upskirting queen has partial regrets

<ua5kmq$2uj47$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=99928&group=uk.d-i-y#99928

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: [OT] Upskirting queen has partial regrets
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 13:22:49 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 12:22 UTC

I think there is a line one can draw. Its called consensiality. So if you
are a lady and you go somewhere where you are basically trying to pick up a
bloke, then you cannot be worried by men looking at the body, can you?
I know some women who quite like builders wolf whistling, as long as that
is as far as it goes, but obviously not all girls appreciate this of course
as you never asked for it. Although of course if the girl goes out flaunting
her curves or whatever, what would you expect?
The objectification of women by men is another problem. Just because you
like a compliment and like to look good, does not mean you are not a feeling
human being, does it, and one admonishment should put an end to it We do
after all still play the song The Boys are back in town, on the radio. Have
you actually listened to the lyrics? Lucky its not banned!
However Kylie is singing a song at the moment that says something about
getting me home and taking off my clothes, so what is a bloke to think?

I think its about reading the situation and taking an admonishment in good
part and not as a slur. No is not a four letter word after all.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...