Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. -- Thomas Alva Edison

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: Clapper-Board icons in iCloud Drive (was - Ping: FromTheRafters)

Re: Clapper-Board icons in iCloud Drive (was - Ping: FromTheRafters)

<mQC9L.1526565$pI23.1446157@fx07.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11769&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#11769

Subject: Re: Clapper-Board icons in iCloud Drive (was - Ping: FromTheRafters)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac,rec.photo.digital
<cKF4L.2250075$ulh3.681967@fx06.ams1> <tj0aj4$sm8n$1@dont-email.me>
<RzR4L.1722523$%q2.83271@fx15.ams1>
<221020220853458395%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<ihT4L.1094190$vFVf.113626@fx02.ams1>
<0001HW.2904481C0438384A30A88938F@news-us.newsgroup.ninja>
<ua_4L.1484530$pI23.540162@fx07.ams1> <mw55L.1194579$G_96.943461@fx13.ams1>
<tj30n3$164ps$1@dont-email.me> <7_75L.2258564$ulh3.129454@fx06.ams1>
<tj3tpa$1b8eo$1@dont-email.me> <Sdf5L.1535014$%fx6.171637@fx14.ams1>
<tj467s$1bst1$1@dont-email.me> <R4h5L.1729520$%q2.378366@fx15.ams1>
<tj6ahj$1n6ep$1@dont-email.me> <iBE5L.2264111$ulh3.534396@fx06.ams1>
<tj7ut0$1ud7f$1@dont-email.me> <89N5L.1535102$%fx6.645165@fx14.ams1>
<tj96sj$23qo6$1@dont-email.me> <GmV5L.1535107$%fx6.1319736@fx14.ams1>
<BRB9L.2354564$%q2.1792513@fx15.ams1> <tk6qar$2nfpr$1@dont-email.me>
From: Dav...@lways.invalid (David Brooks)
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 00:02:26 +0000
 by: David Brooks - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 00:02 UTC

On 05/11/2022 23:07, FromTheRafters wrote:
> It happens that David Brooks formulated :

>>> Many thanks for helping with the experimenting. :-)
>>>
>>> I wonder if the poster calling itself 'nospam' would explain matters
>>> to YOU. Would you please ask him to explain what he/she thinks could
>>> have caused uninvited links to appear in an iCloud Drive - especially
>>> as neither you nor I can now replicate matters? TIA
>>
>> May I enquire WHY you have apparently lost interest, FTR?
>>
>> Are you ill again?
>
> Always, but there is nothing I can do on my end to replicate your
> scenario. I have no other devices in my Apple World to share stuff with
> to see if it 'lands' anything in my iCloud Drive. What you shared to me,
> shows up as shared -- but nothing else showed up as shared.
>
> My sister bought a new laptop and I am trying to migrate her stuff onto
> it. My major hurdles these days is that everyone expects a telephone
> number to be textable and the recovery tel# they ask for is useless when
> they only text you. Add to that that she has her google recovery email
> address set to a defunct old provider's xxx@ne.rr.com address.
>
> I'm fixing it though.

May I strongly recommend that in this stage of your lives that you invest
in an Apple iPhone? They have superb cameras inbuilt and I'm sure would make
your life a tad easier than it is right now.

I had lunch with friends yesterday and they quizzed me about Apple iPads.
They were unaware that special deals may be found with Apple.
Perhaps you are unaware too. Look here:-
https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/refurbished/about

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Ping: FromTheRafters

By: David Brooks on Fri, 21 Oct 2022