From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Subject: Re: NZ buying25 first step electric powered sea planes (passenger
freight)
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 12:54:24 +1000
<op.1s0nwuujbyq249@pvr2.lan> <dr3vih9jfoo8qih6m3upl1e0tia6scrt4j@4ax.com>
<jp9jp6F1glcU1@mid.individual.net>
<gp6vih5armi7bu7f76f1c3a3f0sgdflili@4ax.com>
<jp9oaeF22v7U1@mid.individual.net>
<tbdvih1ctoj2rsicu8msgjv0lkboh1ilq8@4ax.com> <op.1s2gxym0byq249@pvr2.lan>
<3mm1jhdcftgv0utqfmrhfdhbhg25beemt6@4ax.com>
<jpc8d5Fdpu7U3@mid.individual.net>
<8ir1jhthnifnkgpmqrjova5pl2mqfi1vgv@4ax.com>
<jpcdmbFepjkU1@mid.individual.net>
<3l12jh5u7hhcmemr809p2um3rotrdhqvdd@4ax.com>
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 02:54 UTC

On Mon, 26 Sep 2022 12:05:46 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Sep 2022 11:30:51 +1000, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
> wrote:
>
>> On 26/9/2022 10:21 am, Petzl wrote:

>>> Don't know, your field. but one of those backing this is New Zealand
>>> Ex Air Force chief John Hamilton is among the earliest customers.
>>
>> Like I said such an aircraft could work well in a certain circumstances,
>> Syd/Melb just isn't one of those circumstances.
>>
>>> Auckland and Christchurch it doesn't seem a problem they have more
>>> shipping than Sydney Harbour, a lot of Yachts as well
>>
>> Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
>>
> What could go wrong
> https://youtu.be/bzAUX9DkrVY
> Turns out the planes can climb to 40 metres no trouble.

But then there is no point in sea skimming and you have lost the
massive advantage of flying at high altitude, above the weather.

> Yes there are 40 metre high waves!
> They have also their eyes on Sydney and pacific Islands.
> <https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/green-travel/300591084/first-footage-of-new-electric-seagliders-coming-to-new-zealand>
> https://tinyurl.com/2kjl64fp

You need more than eyes, stupid.

> Aslam also revealed early plans to expand operations across the Tasman
> and to the Pacific, after the New Zealand network was established.
> He described a "triangle" of operations that would connect New
> Zealand, Australia and countries in the Pacific such as Fiji, Tonga
> and Samoa.

Just more mindless sales bullshit that only fools those who don't
have a fucking clue how planes work.

> Aslam explains

CLAIMS not explains.

> big swells won't be a problem in most conditions, as
> the optimal height a seaglider operates above the water is 10 metres –
> but that can extend up to 30-40 metres.

But then there is no point in sea skimming and you have lost the
massive advantage of flying at high altitude, above the weather.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o NZ buying25 first step electric powered sea planes (passenger freight)

By: Petzl on Sat, 24 Sep 2022

66Petzl