From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal,alt.politics
Subject: Re: -- Political nutjobs
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 08:30:57 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 20 May 2022 22:30 UTC

On Sat, 21 May 2022 07:34:08 +1000, dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote:

> dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> My reasonable conclusion as a "proposition of power which is asserted
>> by a
>> larger population having a prevalence of a sexual disease" is a natural
>> intuition drawn from the historical context itself.
>>
>> Which then doesn't need a coerced justification of gender based
>> political
>> diatribe.
>>
>> It's much like asking if Boris was teleported to 18 century London
>> would he
>> have girded loins and be of sound mind since he has a "Let them eat
>> cake"
>> attitude...
>>
>> YOUTUBE: "Let Them Eat Cake - The Pox"
>>
>> <https://youtu.be/5yWJKi0UOwQ>
>>
>> dolf <dolfboek@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> And we know from Captain Cook's travel diaries that there wasn't
>>> sufficient
>>> medical supplies on the ship to treat the rampant sexual diseases
>>> amongst
>>> the sailors and throughout the pacific islands who prostituted even
>>> their
>>> wives.

> If Victorian sexual morality was just a façade

I didn't say that it was just a facade.

> then it wasn't a remedy for
> the historical reality of the century prior where "between 3 / 5th (60%)
> to 4 / 5th (80%) percent of the population possessed a long term
> venereal
> disease

It hasn't been established that that was reality, just CLAIMED
and it is very bloodly unlikely that it was anything like reality.

> and a "more rigorous form of Victorian sexual morality than
> England" was being prudent.

Only if it was actually effective and there is no evidence that it was.

> Try to form logical thought flow and rational conclusion.

Something you can never manage.

> The ipso facto
> of such an assertion is that must have been a knowledge of the English
> circumstance whether by the author of the statement or their assessment
> of the historical context relevant to FREUD.

More of your mindless waffle.

> That if 60-80% of the London population had some form of a sexually
> transmitted disease

There is no evidence of that.

> and the indigenous population of the pacific island
> were similarly decimated by sexually transmitted disease (et al)

There isn't evidence of that either. And even if some were decimated,
it is much more likely that it wasnt actually sexually transmitted disease
that did it given that happed all over the fucking world. Have fun
explaining that.

> it is then reasonable to use the word pandemic to convey its human
> consequence.

Bullshit it is. A pandemic involved a much more dramatic effect
over a much wider population than that.

> And if such occurred over many years would this be a contributing factor
> to any deterioration of formerly congenial relations.

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o The Right To Breed And *Not* To Breed

By: corella on Sun, 1 May 2022

1789corella