From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 10:01:19 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 00:01 UTC

On 16/04/2022 9:43 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Massive and sustained acts of corruption?
>>
>> **Yes.
>
> And yet there have been no charges laid to date for these "criminal
> acts". Why is that?

**For EXACTLY the same reason why no charges were laid to convict the
O'Beids here in NSW. It took a state ICAC to investigate and lay
charges. The O'Beids are resting comfortably in jail right now. Until we
have a Federal ICAC, Federal politicians will continue to act like
criminals.

>>> Wow. That's a pretty serious accusation, which surely you can show to
>>> be true. Can you point to a case that resulted in criminal charges
>>> being laid?
>>>
>>> Any one will do....
>>
>> **After Labor introduces a Federal ICAC, you will see just how corrupt
>> the COALition is.
>
> Nice editorial, but you completely avoided the question which was if the
> Libs are as guilty of corrupt and criminal behaviour as you say, why
> haven't we seen any charges laid over these actions?

**See above. A Federal ICAC is required. The criminal activities of
Federal politicians will go unpunished, until we have one. Scummo
promised one and never introduced the legislation. Labor said they
would. Scummo has had 3 years to get his shit together. He has failed
this nation and must be kicked out.

> I take it you understand that Labor isn't any keener to see a Federal
> ICAC introduced than the Libs or anyone else, right?

**Then, if they don't do what they promise, boot them out.

Why do you think
> Labor has not said a word about it until now at the start of an election
> campaign? :)

**BULLSHIT! Labor has been asking for the legislation for the past 6 ~ 7
years. Scummo has been dodging it.

>>> Hmmm. Interesting question. Perhaps the fact that we have endured a
>>> world wide pandemic that has been devastating yet we've come out the
>>> other side of it with minimal casualties, record low unemployment,
>>> low interest rates and an economy that is the envy of most of the
>>> rest of the world?
>>>
>>> Not the answer for everything, sure, but we're doing a *hell* of a
>>> lot better than many other places on the planet and that didn't
>>> happen by itself.
>>
>> **Most of it is due to our relative isolation. Let's not forget that.
>> The STATE governments have, in general, handled the crisis quite well.
>
> There has been varied success from different state governments, how does
> that square with your earlier comments of the Federal government's
> response to the pandemic being a fuck up?

**Asked and answered.

>>> Sure.
>>
>> **Then why treat a political party any differently?
>
> I don't. I just don't react as fanatically as you do :)

>>> Why would it? :)
>>
>> **The definition of insanity is to vote the same way and expect a
>> different outcome.
>
> Apart from making zero sense in this context, than analogy fails to show
> how if re-elected the current government would be the slightest bit
> different one way or the other.

**Here goes:

Read the list of fuck-ups and lies that I submitted previously. Voting
for the same bunch of arseholes merely guarantees that we will see more
fuck-ups and lies.

>>> Trevor, answer me this. We've gone through a hellish time over the
>>> last 2 years.
>>
>> **BULL-FUCKING-SHIT! We have undergone an inconvenience over the past
>> couple of years. Ukrainians are going through Hell on Earth. My uncles
>> who fought the Japanese in various theatres in WWII went through Hell
>> on Earth. COVID is just a minor inconvenience. As we will no doubt
>> find out when/if China turns it's gaze towards Australia.
>
> Calling the deaths of over 6 million people, tanked economies, destroyed
> companies and God only knows what else an "inconvenience" is
> understating the case somewhat.

**WWII was responsible for the deaths of around 70 ~ 85 million people.
Around 3% of the planet's population back then. 6 million, whilst
horrible, is a blip. AND, if you want to know about deprivations, just
ask someone who lived in Europe at that time. The suffering of hundreds
of millions of people makes the present issue, barely an issue.

>>   The whole planet has. Around 6 and a quarter million people
>>> have died and many, *many* more have been left with long term effects
>>> that will likely be with them for as long as they live. Economies
>>> around the world have been devastated, businesses have collapsed,
>>> people have lost their jobs, their homes, and so much more.
>>>
>>> Yet despite all that, have *you* been affected to any significant
>>> degree?
>>
>> **Barely noticed. However, I'm careful and triple (soon to be
>> quadruple) vaxxed. I still wear a mask when shopping. It's a seat belt
>> for my COVID health.
>
> Right, and the point being, which largely seems lost on you, is that the
> actions of our government not only helped to keep you safe and healthy,
> but also prevented you from suffering financially.

**My STATE government, yes. I have not received a single cent from the
Feds.

>>> Yeah, me either. Apart from some minor inconvenience of not being
>>> able to get car parts or other supplies as quickly as I would like,
>>> my life hasn't been affected to any significant degree. I was able to
>>> be vaccinated with a booster in a timely fashion, have avoided
>>> contracting the dreaded Covid thus far, and for all intents and
>>> purposes my life had remained largely unaffected by the absolute mess
>>> the world has been in for the last couple of years and I'm *far* from
>>> the only one to be so.
>>
>> **An absolute mess is Ukraine. Nothign to do with COVID, which is an
>> inconvenience.
>
> 6.25 million people might disagree with you on that.
>>> Our country has weathered this storm and come out the other side in
>>> *remarkably* good shape, and that *didn't* happen by itself. So I ask
>>> you: Despite all your claims of "fuck ups",  corruption, thievery,
>>> lying and whatever *else* you wish to throw into the mix, how is it
>>> possible that we are in the shape we currently are if the level of
>>> administrative ability is as incompetent as you claim it to be?
>>
>> **I will say again: Thanks, largely to our state governments, we have
>> weathered the COVID storm reasonably well.
>
> To a degree, but there have been many fuck-ups along the way. And
> regardless of what side of the political fence they sit on, they have
> *all* relied on and received Federal assistance to keep their wheels
> turning and permit life to carry on in as normal a fashion as possible.

**Actually, not so much. The Feds have helped, but the states have done
all the heavy lifting. Scummo does like to take credit though.

>> So far. It ain't over yet. I am stunned and disappointed that mask
>> mandates are not still in place. There is not reason to assume that
>> the next COVID variant won't be deadly AND more easily transmitted.
>
> The fact that we now have around 85% of the population fully vaccinated
> means that we don't need to have as drastic transmission measures in
> place as we once did.
>
> You're right, it's not over and it probably won't be for quite some
> time. But if you're triple vaxed and about to get your second booster
> the chances of you being adversely affected by *any* currently known
> variant are very low indeed.

**You cannot possibly know that.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

By: Trevor Wilson on Thu, 14 Apr 2022

224Trevor Wilson