From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: OT: The election...
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 22:53:38 +1000
 by: Daryl - Thu, 19 May 2022 12:53 UTC

On 19/5/2022 4:55 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 19/05/2022 4:23 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> **Points:
>>>
>>> * I agree that Albo was a poor choice as leader and I am profoundly
>>> disappointed that Labor dumped all of Shorten's excellent policies.
>>> * We KNOW exactly how corrupt and how dumb Scummo (I believe in
>>> miracles) is.
>>> * We don't know how badly (or goodly) Albo might perform as PM.
>>
>> That's the problem, why take the risk, if he is a dim as he appears we
>> are even more screwed than we are now.
>
> **Scummo is the worst PM we've seen in quite some time. He can not and
> should not be rewarded for lying, pork barrelling and fucking up. You
> have kids. Did you reward them when they fucked up?
>
> Of course you didn't. Don't reward Scummo now.
>

>>> * We know EXACTLY how badly and corruptly Scummo and Joyce are.

>>> **You fucking moron. Stop using that pitifully idiotic bullshit claim.
>>
>> Its the only measure that makes any sense.
>>>
>>> EVERY SINGLE HUMAN ONE THE PLANET must act to reduce CO2 emissions.
>>
>> OK then, I have 11.2kw of solar panels, solar hot water and a new
>> energy efficient house, tell us again what you have done?
>
> **ALL my power is derived from renewable sources. Every single Watt.
>

>>> Every American, Every Chinese citizen, every German and every
>>> Australian.

>>> **Yes, it does. EVERYONE has to act to reduce CO2 emissions. We are
>>> INCREASING ours under the COALition government.
>>
>> See below, you are wrong.
>> https://www.csiro.au/en/research/environmental-impacts/climate-change/climate-change-qa/sources-of-ghg-gases#:~:text=Australian%20emissions&text=According%20to%20the%20December%202020,contributor%20to%20Australia's%20carbon%20emissions.
>

> **Flattened out, but it must be reduced.

>>> **And yet, the last time Labor was in power, Australia REDUCED it's
>>> CO2 emissions by a very impressive 7%.
>>
>> What does 7% of next to nothing (1% of the worlds emissions) equal?
>
> **Irrelevant. If every nation adopted the same tactics, then total world
> emissions would have been cut by a similar amount.
>
>> Answer, 7% of 1% equals fuck all.
>
> **And yet, 7% of 100% is quite a bit.
>
>> What effect on the world would there be if overnight Australia's
>> emissions dropped to zero?
>
> **And once more: EVERY SINGLE HUMAN ONE THE PLANET must act to reduce
> CO2 emissions.

>>> **I see. So you are happy with The National's insistence that the
>>> GOVERNMENT put taxpayer funds into coal fired power stations and that
>>> fucking idiot, Scummo's promise to put taxpayer funds in gas fired
>>> power stations?
>>
>> Since Govt will not fully fund those projects
>
> **Bullshit. They have already stated that they are prepared to fund them
> fully with YOUR money.
>
> Stranded assets anyone?
>
>  in the end it will be
>> business who decides whether or not such projects go ahead and its
>> their investors who have the most say in it, its business who is
> [...]

Read what I wrote, I voted in the vain attempt to make my electorate
marginal, no hope of a Liberal being elected anywhere near here, I
really don't give a damn who wins but the difference it will make to
mine or anyone else's life is minimal, in the 69yrs I've been around we
have had plenty of Govts of either color yet life goes on.
You are delusional if you think any Govt is going to do much to make
your life better or worse.
I get that you don't like the PM and that's your choice but unless you
have meet him in person you really have no idea what he's like.
I've told the story a few times of my brothers experience having lunch
one on one with Kevin Rudd when he was PM, at first he thought that Rudd
was an utter arsehole but after spending an hour with him he changed his
mind and in the end he thought that he was a decent bloke, point is its
not clever to condemn someone you really don't know.

--
Daryl

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o OT: The election...